Rolling Stones

1973, Wembley
GKBcimdWUAA1RpM

I haven't really gotten into their past work yet but I did check out and enjoy their new album. Production on it was quite modern and you wouldn't think they are as old of a band as they actually are. Lots of energy.

I haven't really gotten into their past work yet but I did check out and enjoy their new album. Production on it was quite modern and you wouldn't think they are as old of a band as they actually are.
In the last few weeks I've been listening to all of their albums from the 60s, 70s and 80s on youtube and these songs are my absolute favorites:
Get Off Of My Cloud (1965)
Beast of Burden (1978)
Start Me Up (1981)
One Hit (to the Body) (1986)

My band. ❤️

I haven't really gotten into their past work yet but I did check out and enjoy their new album.
Bite My Head Off is my fave off the new album. Although I haven't listened to the entire thing yet.

Production on it was quite modern and you wouldn't think they are as old of a band as they actually are. Lots of energy.
They are awesome. Imo! :D

incredible set list yesterday:
The Rolling Stones, 4/28/24, NRG Stadium, Houston
1. "Start Me Up"
2. "Get Off of My Cloud"

3. "Rocks Off"
4. "Out of Time"
5. "Angry"
6. "Beast of Burden"
7. "Mess It Up" (live debut)

8. "Tumbling Dice"
9. "You Can't Always Get What You Want"
10. "Little T&A"
11. "Sympathy for the Devil"
12. "Gimme Shelter"
13. "Honky Tonk Women"
14. "Miss You"
15. "Paint It Black"
16. "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
Encore
18. "Sweet Sounds of Heaven"
19. "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"

"Jagger returned for “Sympathy for the Devil” and “Gimme Shelter,” which gave new background singer Chanel Haynes a chance to emerge from the wings and show off her stunning pipes. She first entered Stones World in 2022 when Sasha Allen, their previous background singer, couldn’t make a Milan show. Haynes was playing the lead role in the West End musical Tina at the time, and she parachuted in at the last second to save the show. This frustrated the producers of Tina, who fired her for handing the show off to her understudy that night when she wasn’t ill, but it impressed the Stones enough to hire her for this tour."

Last edited:
I love this image of the set list for Houston. Posted by Ronnie Wood

@ronniewood

"Thank you Houston for an incredible opening night for our Hackney Diamonds tour!"

GMVD0oqX0AA-_PL

In the last few weeks I've been listening to all of their albums from the 60s, 70s and 80s on youtube and these songs are my absolute favorites:
Get Off Of My Cloud (1965)
Beast of Burden (1978)
Start Me Up (1981)
One Hit (to the Body) (1986)
...and from the 90s and 00s.:
Too Tight (1997)
Don't Stop (2002)
+
Eileen - Keith Richards (1992)

"Thank you NOLA @jazzfest - so great to finally be a part of it!And a huge thanks to the amazing Dwayne Dopsie - King of the Accordion - who joined the Stones on Let It Bleed..And the incredible Soul Queen of New Orleans, Irma Thomas who took to the stage for Time Is On My Side…A song she knows very well as she’d recorded it before the Rolling Stones in 1964!"

"The guest spot was the highlight of the band’s Jazz Fest debut, which is an event several years in the making. They were originally booked at the show in 2019, but had to cancel because of Mick Jagger’s heart surgery. They were booked again in 2021, but the festival was ultimately called off due to concerns about Covid-19.

This is the only festival the Stones are booked to play all year. The setlist was largely identical to their opening night set at Houston’s NRG Stadium on Sunday, but they swapped out the Hackney Diamonds song “Mess It Up” in favor of “Whole Wide World,” which is also on the new album. They also broke out “Let It Bleed” for the first time this year, and invited Zydeco musician Dwayne Dopsie onstage to play it with them."

"EXACTLY 60 YEARS after they both recorded Jerry Ragovoy’s “Time Is on My Side,” the Rolling Stones and Irma Thomas finally had the chance to perform the song together Thursday evening at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. It was the first time the Stones had played the tune since 1998, and only the second time since 1982.

“In 1964, which is a very long time ago, we heard this great song on the radio by this amazing singer,” Jagger told the crowd. “We recorded it and it became our first kind of hit in America. The lady that did the song first, she’s the Soul Queen of New Orleans! I’d like to bring out on stage now to sing the song with us, here she is, Miss Irma Thomas!”

3m 56s

Back