Michael wrote an email to Bjork in 2003

Lucilla

Proud Member
I don't know, you probably already know this but I just found out.
Turns out Michael really admired her and asked her how she got inspired.
Here's the link.
http://www.bjorkish.net/b-faq/connections/c-mja.htm
http://icelandicmusic.blogspot.com/2009/06/bjork-michael-jackson-2003.html

Michael Jackson, Santa Barbara, California : I have always loved and admired your creativity. Nature's struggle to survive alongside mankind has been an inspiration for me: given the natural beauty of your Icelandic homeland, how does nature inspire your work?

Björk : I hope this doesn't sound too naff, but being alone in nature, especially after walking for hours, just puts you in your place and you realise how small you are and how plenty of everything is all around you. Then you just let go and surrender, become part of it. I'm so chuffed you asked me a question! I have to say you're the best, keep fighting and it angers me how cruel everybody is to you. It's like in the US right now, it's illegal to be an eccentric. Maybe people would have been more understanding if you were a contemporary of Ludwig II of Bavaria, who comissioned Wagner and lived with the swans. I listen to Butterflies off your last album all the time. You are a true artist! Thanks for fighting and believing in magic even though the rest of the world have forgotten about it.

Plus there's some conections between them:

_During some live versions of 'I go Humble' Björk adds a Michael Jackson lyric at the end - "got to be starting something"

_It is rumored that the song Alarm Call was inspired by Michael Jackson, which would make sense since the working title was '*****'. (I know :doh:)

_At the 2000 Golden Globe awards, Björk wore a dress with Michael Jackson's face - all in sequins! Why did she wear such a thing? "Because he's the king!"
She also has been seen wearing another skirt like this, but in different colors.

I've never read this before :) Thank you so much for sharing

I remember that dress with the Thriller album cover!

That was a really interesting question from Michael and a really cool answer, you can tell she's a fan. Thanks for sharing! :D

That's fantastic. It also reminds me of just how misunderstood MJ truly was. Such a tragedy.

she's right about the usa acting like it's illegal to be eccentric. they're spoiled, so they act like eccentricity is illegal..at least in the media.

As much as I want to say : "cool!", I also want to say: Ummm, right? How do we know it's not just someone posting a question 'as' Michael Jackson?

^^ Yep, :yes: there are lots of people named "Michael Jackson". I wonder if it was ever conformed that it was him or some other guy who just happens to share the same name as Mike.

^^ Yep, :yes: there are lots of people named "Michael Jackson". I wonder if it was ever conformed that it was him or some other guy who just happens to share the same name as Mike.
...or someone faking 'our' Michael. :lol:

i wanna see that dress!

This is the best picture I could find right now

bjork%20MJ.jpg

Glad you guys liked it :D

As much as I want to say : "cool!", I also want to say: Ummm, right? How do we know it's not just someone posting a question 'as' Michael Jackson?

well, I think people in that show would know who post it, I think they make sure about the answers they present to their important guest. And Bjork is a very smart girl. She won't go all "I'm so chuffed you asked me a question!" or "I listen to Butterflies off your last album all the time. You are a true artist! Thanks for fighting and believing in magic..., etc " (LOL) if she wasn't sure who that person really was. Michael wasn't the only famous person who wrote her.

http://www.showstudio.com/projects/bjk/transcript.html

Jadore, I love your siggy. It's beautiful. Magnificent.

Wow, its incredible how Michael admired others and was so humble and not like "OH IM Michael Jackson, im the best", he was soooo humble and gentle and he loved talent sooo much, i adore him every day MORE!!!!!!!!!!!. when things like this come out, i love them, there should be a special place for those personal insights from Michael to the ones he admired, i just want to KNOW! cause i adore Björk so much too...

I LOVE Björk, i just love love love her music and style of life, she is unique, wow, its all i have to say, and THANKS!!!

I'VE BEEN OBSESSED WITH HER SONG JÓGA, i mean really obsessed, cause i saw a documental of her in which one could see Iceland showed by her and how she would make music inspired by that amazing place, i was so amazed, I WANTED TO GO LIVE THERE :yes: and well, im pretty obsessive in a whole :lol: , what can i say...
excellent album Medúlla, i think its my favorite from her.

Michael for sure saw that documental too, thats a real compliment for me =)

Glad you guys liked it :D

well, I think people in that show would know who post it, I think they make sure about the answers they present to their important guest. And Bjork is a very smart girl. She won't go all "I'm so chuffed you asked me a question!" or "I listen to Butterflies off your last album all the time. You are a true artist! Thanks for fighting and believing in magic..., etc " (LOL) if she wasn't sure who that person really was. Michael wasn't the only famous person who wrote her.

http://www.showstudio.com/projects/bjk/transcript.html

Yes, I get that. I just now saw that Kylie Minogue sent in a question as well (or maybe Michael and Kylie were asked at some point if they had a question for Bjork and it was used in this interview thingy) so I'm convinced now that it's real. Hehe.

BTW do any of the longtime fans remember the song "2000 miles an hour" ?? :D

Back