Stranger in Moscow Appreciation Thread

Daryll748

Proud Member
Since today, "Stranger in Moscow" was released in 1997, I thought the song/video 'deserved' a thread like this.

I think it's an intriguing video as though it has the sad and dramatic feel to it, it does offer some comfort if you're willing to let it sink through.

I mean how can a sad song about "being lonely and cold inside" still be so beautiful and endearing?

That is simply the Magic of MJ as he always offers a 'way out' out of the darkness.

At first glance, you see people 'sad and lonely' but then when you pay attention to what they do apart from the other people in the video, you suddenly see the 'silver lining' in the video.

Life is sometimes hard and takes us to places we rather stay away from but even when you're sad and lonely you can still go out and enjoy the rain like the people in the video.

That is why I love MJ's videos as they always carry a message hidden between the lines.
I know the video is about MJ but I rather see him here as an 'narrator' to help people.
To me, it feels like "It's okay to be sad sometimes cause the happy days will drown the pain"

As for the song, I just love to listen to it in the rain as it gives a feel of comfort to me at least!

Why do you appreciate the song?

Stranger in Moscow is by all measures one of the best songs in Michael's discography. I could go on and on about how expertly arranged and composed it is, but I wouldn't be saying anything you all didn't already know.

Hopefully it gets a reappraisal in the near future on a worldwide scale. Exquisite song.

mj-stranger-in-moscow-o.gif

Michael+Jackson+Stranger+In+Moscow+Gif's+02.gif

tumblr_lr7yi39o2x1qikw5fo1_500.gif

c964725d6395a305d6d23f76d915e90022b96650d855a1b1f2452b58603cf018_1.gif

:tongue_roll:

SIM is the best short film Michael has ever made, imo. It's absolutely gorgeous and suits the melancholic mood of the song so perfectly. It's one of the first MJ songs I remember seeing on TV as a child and even though I didn't understand the lyrics at that time, I 'understood' the song.

The homeless man in the Stranger In Moscow short film was in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. He was the voice of Lord Zedd

The more I knew what went behind the scenes regarding the allegations and how the world treated him, the more my heart ached and went out for Michael while listening to Stranger In Moscow. I feel and believe every word he sang yet every aspect of the track is beautifully made that you can't help but loving it even though it hurts.

I listened to the song just last night:). It´s a wonderful, beautiful song -and, yes, it´s perfectly made. For me it transports the feeling of loneliness in Michaels voice, the complete arrangement, the falling rain... To that the film shows the power of an element - the water - which ís able to connect people in similar moods but very different situations. A very positive sight:yes:.

mj-stranger-in-moscow-o.gif

Michael+Jackson+Stranger+In+Moscow+Gif's+02.gif

tumblr_lr7yi39o2x1qikw5fo1_500.gif

c964725d6395a305d6d23f76d915e90022b96650d855a1b1f2452b58603cf018_1.gif

:tongue_roll:
:wild::bugeyed:woohoo:
my favorite part of the making of, is when he's wet and he opens his jackets, or takes it off, and you can see his wet, tight clothes :dribble:
38069.gif~c200

Beautiful song.
One I put on if I'm feeling a bit depressed and wanna wallow in my sadness for a bit :D

I have always been obsessed with this song. I feel his pain on this song, he's so emotive. This song is poetic and it's a MJ classic with the likes of Billie Jean, WBSS,MITM, Who is it etc etc. This is my go to song whenever i feel a little blue

:wild::bugeyed:woohoo:
my favorite part of the making of, is when he's wet and he opens his jackets, or takes it off, and you can see his wet, tight clothes :dribble:
38069.gif~c200

Those two people going to MJ with towels, are they stupid or what? He is so gorgeous that I would have licked him dry:cheeky:

Both the song AND the short film of “Stranger in Moscow” are great. You can really see and hear how Michael was feeling, and the way he expressed himself having those feelings (showing just how sad and lonely he was), with everything he was going through at the time.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Those two people going to MJ with towels, are they stupid or what? He is so gorgeous that I would have licked him dry:cheeky:

me too! I would rip his clothes off and lick him all over

How come the final product of the video and the making of can give you different feelings? The whole atmosphere of the video evoques Michael's feelings and the making of he looks gorgeous and sexy while getting soaking wet. :heat:

Watch the video it just has 23 million views, it deserves 100m and more.

Michael-jackson-clips-niks95-Stranger-in-Moscow-stranger-in-moscow-21849047-245-200.gif

mjgif319.gif

Stranger-in-Moscow-soooo-sexy-michael-jackson-28991171-338-425.jpg

010.jpg

The intro of the song though:bow: - b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. ... it gives me chills and makes me groove along.

Ever since the summer of 1995. When I had gotten the HIStory album. I always had a huge L.:heart:.V.E. for that song. I had once considered that song as my most sacred MJ song. Until my MJ hating mother ruin that for me. When she had told me that she had like the song too. I'm sorry but no MJ hater should even have the right. To even like any MJ songs. Especially MJ songs as great as Stranger In Moscow is. I also just totally L.:heart:.V.E. any picture of Michael that has to do with the SIM video. But this is by far my most favorite picture of him.

MY%20DT_zpsiltvhj7a.png

This picture has remain as my desktop bg. For probably a good few years or so. I don't have any desire of changing it. At least not any time soon. Even though I do have other SIM pictures I could use instead. And as well as other MJ pictures. But there is just something about that picture. That keeps making me keep that picture as my background. In my MJ collection somewhere I have a single cd of Stranger In Moscow. That I had gotten from Ebay. Probably over 10 years or so ago. I see S.I.M as the 3rd most greatest song that he has ever done. Who Is It and SPYHO as his 1st and 2nd most greatest songs. That he has ever done in his entire life. And on my HIStory concerts that I have. I just so totally L.:heart:.V.E. how Michael had dance to that song. Especially while wearing those tight sexy gold pants of his.:heart::wub:

SIM is probably my favourite MJ song I listen to it almost religiously. It's so haunting and makes me so emotional every time I listen to it and as time goes on I love it more and more. That short film though hooooooo not only is it beautiful but he looked SMOKIN'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not the Manhood thread ladies :laugh:

It's the "G" rated version. :)

SIM doesn't get enough credit or views. It's among my top 5 of his. His vocals are so beautiful and the lyrics are so personal that it draws me in every time.

It's up there as one of MJ's classics. MJ made so many great songs in the 90s which unfortunately never got the spotlight that many of his 80s songs got due to the media bias against him at that time.

Perfection.

I don't think it's as sad as some other songs in his catalogue - but we should all interpret it differently I guess.

I AM sad however that it was never performed live. A live performance of a song deepens it's appeal as far as I'm concerned and this is the only 'criticism' I could have.

Perfection.

I don't think it's as sad as some other songs in his catalogue - but we should all interpret it differently I guess.

I AM sad however that it was never performed live. A live performance of a song deepens it's appeal as far as I'm concerned and this is the only 'criticism' I could have.

I think alongside Childhood,it is his saddest song. The acknowledgement and self awareness of his 'fall from grace' is heart breaking.

Just beautiful. And alongside other 90s works show just how elevated above any other pop star ever he was.

Love This song. I often listen to the instrumental one too.

I think alongside Childhood,it is his saddest song. The acknowledgement and self awareness of his 'fall from grace' is heart breaking.

There's something optimistic about the arrangement, about the vocal delivery, and indeed in some of the lyrical content 'happy days will drown the pain' that stops it from being a real indulgence of sadness, to me.

Back