Do you ever wish that MJ & JJ performed SCREAM live together?

CrazyVegasMJ

Proud Member
Obviously a hypothetical question, so all responses shall be deemed hypothetical as well...

but do you, as a Michael Jackson fan, ever wish that he got to perform the only duet he made with his little sister?

if your answer is no, then why? Did you not like the song to begin with? Did you think that Janet would be seen as "riding his coat tails" (or vice-versa)? Would it have been too much pressure for them to successfully deliver?

if your answer is yes, then when would it have been the best time for them to do so? (on his/her tour, at an awards show, etc?)...

My answer: **** YES I WISH THEY DID!!!

I think the obvious best time would've been for them to open the 1995 MTV VMAs together with Scream being the first thing performed, and then Mike could've done his solo performance (or vice-versa).. Or maybe Janet could've made a surprise appearance on one of Mike's HIStory Tour stops (even hypothetically tho, still wouldn't have happened lol)..

but my ULTIMATE preference for them to perform SCREAM live together would've been during Janet's Super Bowl Halftime show.. Hear me out cuz this sounds doooope!! Instead of JT as her special guest, it would've been Mike (yes even though...wait.. ESPECIALLY cuz he was in the beginning stages of his trial) this would've been YUUUGE!! So everything is pretty much the same except when Janet performs RN, during the 2nd verse when she sings "lend a hand to help your brother do his best!" the music would've slowed/stopped and that line "lend a hand to help your brother do his best..." would've looped once or twice and then out of the speakers comes the famous "Scream" scream: Aahhhhhh!! Glass shattering sounds and BAM!..out pops Mike from where JT entered from and then complete silence for 8-counts... Then they would've went right into the first verse "tired of injustice..." And it would've been AMAZING!!

sure the taking heads on all of the news networks would've had a field day with it (was it inappropriate? did MJ violate his gag order? Should he even be performing? Etc etc etc) but at the end of the day, I think most people would've seen it as a little sister "lending a hand" to her big brother in a time of need and an outlet for him to voice his frustrations with the shit he was dealing with in that exact moment in his life..plus, years and years after the trial ended and everyone forgot what was going on at that time, we would always have that amazing performance footage of the both of them slaying on stage in front of the entire collective world...

oh what could've been..

I know there's a handful of folks on here who dispise Janet, and they're entitled to their opinions... But as a hypothetical scenario, it can be fun to imagine..

I would love to see Michael and Janet perform live together.

Would have been awesome if that was the plan for MTV awards 1995.. as if that performance could get any better lol! But im thinking there was probably reasons why Michels first peformanc back was set up that way... but to have seen them do it once together would have been amazing.

It would've definitely been impressive, but I loved that Janet honored Michael not long after his passing with that tribute performance. It was crazy, but in the best possible way.

CrazyVegasMJ- the low amount of responses to this thread.. It's not because the thread is not interesting, its because people would like to have seen it so much that it's an obvious YES!!!

you wont get much debate... maybe until I just said that!

lol

Yeah it would have been amazing! The dance part would have been great on stage.
tumblr_nrq4c9YdRh1sjc5sqo1_250.gif

Well, yes of course. Would have been amazing.

The dance routine would have been great. - And if they sang live it would have been a big plus!

Yes, it was a missed opportunity!

I guess the VMA performance wasn't the best place, as it was a giant medley.
But I feel at SOME awards show, they should have done something.
Or if not there, surely at one of his tour stops during the HISTORY tour, they could have done that.
Maybe change the setlist for said show and open with WBSS, and have SCREAM with Janet as an encore.

Or even years later at Madison Square Garden or something.

Or hell, maybe drop in on one of Janets shows during her tours to do it.

Would have been neat.

SCREAM live together would've been during Janet's Super Bowl Halftime show.. Hear me out cuz this sounds doooope!!

While that would have been cool, I don't think SCREAM would have been a Super Bowl song.

There's a certain type of song artists do at Super Bowls that need to appeal to the biggest, broadest audience.
Yes, they want you to bring the hits n stuff, but they also dont want you to get too dark or niche either.

As cool as that would have been, the super bowl just wouldn't have been the place. Plus, Michael would have over shadowed her....though, obviously in retrospect, that may have been better than what happened to her...

While that would have been cool, I don't think SCREAM would have been a Super Bowl song.

There's a certain type of song artists do at Super Bowls that need to appeal to the biggest, broadest audience.
Yes, they want you to bring the hits n stuff, but they also dont want you to get too dark or niche either.

As cool as that would have been, the super bowl just wouldn't have been the place. Plus, Michael would have over shadowed her....though, obviously in retrospect, that may have been better than what happened to her...

Tell that to Beyonce :)

Might be too powerful on 1 stage at the time maybe? Vmas would've been perfect for the ending song instead of yana

I'm going straight for the kill and reveal my bold answer
in the first paragraph.
It screams "YEASH"
No seriously when I bumped into this query, a 'forgotten' thought
popped into my mind. I used to be disappointed that MJ performed
"Scream" all alone on the HIStory tour and see I never told anyone.
It would have been great to see Janet strutting her BAD self
on stage and see the beautiful chemistry between
two souls connected through
Blood and passion for dance and entertainment.
It would have been a nice path to introduce her to the MJ fam and
just create Magic on stage like they did in the video.
We can only wonder to WHY it never happened.
I did love the 'hypotechnical' thought of them
opening the VMA's in 1995 that would have been quite
a BLAST I'm sure.​

Excerpt from http://www.mjjcommunity.com/blog/miss-scream

Thanks for the inspiration :angel:

Back