Parts of Michael jackson videos that you just HAVE to rewind.

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
Have you ever been watching an MJ video whether it be a music video, a video of him performing live, or just any video with King Michael in it and find yourself rewinding a part or parts of it?

This is a thread to post those videos.

The only rule is that you have to tell which part or parts of the vid you rewind (or else this thread would be useless).:D

How about the VMA performance where he does Dangerous? And the 10th anniversary of MTV? Or Billie Jean in Bucharest '92? Or Dangerous during American Bandstand? Did I mention the VMA performance already? Or his Grammy performance? What about his beat boxing video during the Oprah interview? Or where he beatboxes Tabloid Junkie in a interview? Damn, there are so many videos that I re-watch.

I LOVE his speeches when he wins an award. Especially the one with Janet.

Back when I used to watch him. And believe me I still so totally miss watching him. As well as listening to him:( :boohoo Unfortunately Shahrukh Khan and my Bollywood music has since replaced him. Since I can no longer watch Michael. Not unless I want to suffer another panic attack. And I totally lost the enjoyment I once had of listening to him. You can totally blame that evil monster for that. Any way I used to rewind the Billie Jean performances on my MJ concerts since they were always my most favorite performances to watch. I used to get so totally in to the Billie Jean performances. Then my Yokohama Japan Bad concert I used to always rewind the whole you know that's nasty scene from the Shake Your Body performance. I used to always find that scene so very funny. Then there is my 95 MTV VMAs performance I can't tell you just how many times I had to rewind that performance. Just so I can watch it again. Which probably explains why the video tape that I had tape the entire 95 VMAs on is in such poor quality now. But it couldn't be helped since that is one of the most greatest performances he has ever done. And then there is the theater scene of the Oprah interview. That has always been my most favorite scene of that interview. It was that scene that cause my obsession with the song Who Is It. I know there have been lots of other times where I had to rewind my MJ video related stuff. But this is all I can remember right now.

BR89tE.gif

In Smooth Criminal during that part where everything goes quiet, and the backing dancing start chanting ''Annie are you okay?'' ''Annie are you okay?'' and then Michael says ''So, Annie are you okay? and then they all shout ''Annie are you okay?!'' and then Michael throws his hat back on and the song starts up again.

The tap dance variation he does in the BOTDF short film at 1:45. Unfortunately the refugee camp mix version doesn't include it, which is annoying. I wish they released a 'video edit' version of the song 'cause I love that little break before the 2nd verse that's in the short film.

Also, the move he does at 3:56 is great too.

I hate to rewind anything 'mid-performance'. Art in general to me is a complete vision, and in the case of recorded art (music or film) the way it plays in time and the order in which you see it makes it all part of the artist's vision. So to tamper with that is a no go for me.

I think I did rewind the spins on the Bucharest DVD at the end of MITM just to count them, however.

I hate to rewind anything 'mid-performance'. Art in general to me is a complete vision, and in the case of recorded art (music or film) the way it plays in time and the order in which you see it makes it all part of the artist's vision. So to tamper with that is a no go for me.

I think I did rewind the spins on the Bucharest DVD at the end of MITM just to count them, however.

I've always wondered for years how many spins he did at the end of MITM. I've tried to count I just get distracted by how amazing it is. I swear, that spin is the best one I've ever seen him do ever in his career. It literally doesn't look humanly possible to do it like that. Many impersonators/tribute artists try and they look foolish.

In Smooth Criminal during that part where everything goes quiet, and the backing dancing start chanting ''Annie are you okay?'' ''Annie are you okay?'' and then Michael says ''So, Annie are you okay? and then they all shout ''Annie are you okay?!'' and then Michael throws his hat back on and the song starts up again.
Yeah, the part right after the breakdown is great, probably the best part of the video to me (though it has so many cool moments).

3.09 to 3.42 in Bad might be my overall favourite:

The move at 3.59 in In The Closet:

The non-zombie MJ part of the Thriller dance (9.40 to 10.34). I always liked this way more than the iconic part preceding it.

Everytime Michael does that incredibly long spin on Man In The Mirror and fall to his knees. Jaw dropping moment.

^^ I also love this part:

video_yrmw2.jpg

I always felt that the YRMW video was underrated.

I love that part too!

And I agree YRMW is very underrated.
It's like a smooth criminal part 2.
I like to think that in between the time from Smooth Criminal to YRMW Michael has spent years as a head hitman/ assasin in organization that Makes bad people who hurt children "go away".

His position as the head of the originization has made him a target, which results in the fight we see in YRMW. :yes:

I love that part too!

And I agree YRMW is very underrated.
It's like a smooth criminal part 2.
I like to think that in between the time from Smooth Criminal to YRMW Michael has spent years as a head hitman/ assasin in organization that Makes bad people who hurt children "go away".

His position as the head of the originization has made him a target, which results in the fight we see in YRMW. :yes:

I think that's why a lot of people don't like it that much. It felt a cheap copy of Smooth Criminal and The Way You Make Me Feel

Good question but there are just so many videos I love to rewind and watch. If I had to choose my favourite it'd be when Michael is eating his popcorn in the Thriller video :wild:

I'm always replaying the part of Scream where Janet and Mike slide across the floor, then dance in tandem. Love it! I'm glad somebody made it into a gif...

Scream%20slide%20dance_zpsxvtqvpck.gif

I'm always replaying the part of Scream where Janet and Mike slide across the floor, then dance in tandem. Love it! I'm glad somebody made it into a gif...

Scream%20slide%20dance_zpsxvtqvpck.gif

I legit think I've replayed that part like 60 times (if not more) before!!!!!
I LOVE that part!!!!
The synchronicity of it is beautiful. :)
Janet and Michael SLAYED that choreo. :D

There have been a couple of times where I had to rewind one of Michael's videos. One time this happened is when I was watching the video for scream with my niece. It was the first time I had seen the video. When I heard the f word used in the song, I had to rewind it just to make sure I heard it right. I didn't have an issue with the use of the word I just wanted to make sure I understood what was being said. A second time on the scream video that I had to rewind it is to watch the masterful choreography between Michael and his sister Janet. When I was watching the Billy Jean video and I saw him do his famous toe stand, I had to rewind it because I had never seen anyone ever do it before. Another instance is for the video of Smooth Criminal and he leans forward and looks like he is going to fall on the ground but never does. This is another thing that I had seen MJ do that I had not seen anyone before him attempt. There are other instances but these are a few examples.

3:31 - 3:33 and 3:49 - 3:51.

Those moves...

tumblr_inline_n5zubcObWs1qzk8hc.gif

I do not have the technological skills to post the clips but I hope with my description someone can help me out.

1] the twist like move that he does in ITC,

2] the first 30 seconds of the 2Bad choreography in Ghosts, especially the hair flip. Oh the joy!

3] jumping from the ceiling in the Bad video

4] the entrance at the MTV 1995 Awards

5] Michael in the rain at the end of SIM

I think that is it. For now.

I've always loved this part of the YRMW video (I know it's a move lifted from an old Fred Astaire movie, but it's still cool as ****)....

You-Rock-My-World-michael-jacksons-short-films-12824367-600-335.jpg

You-Rock-My-World-michael-jacksons-short-films-12824365-600-335.jpg

YES! Love that part as well. Probably my favorite Fred Astaire inspired move he's done. Also the part at 4:40 where he goes on stage & shows off. When I was younger I always thought he looked so cool & smooth, no pun intended, during that part.

Gosh there would literally not be 1 video that I have not rewound.. literally! Rewind, slow motion, freeze frame etc..

Especially when I were to learn the choreography

Gosh there would literally not be 1 video that I have not rewound.. literally! Rewind, slow motion, freeze frame etc..

Same, I rewind & re-watch literally everything.. sooo many favorite little parts spread over so many short films, concerts, interviews etc that I couldn't name them all..
this comes to mind right now because I was watching it earlier (and rewinding, lol), it's too freakin adorable :in_love:

tumblr_o0d767gtXI1ucvdq8o2_250.gif
tumblr_o0d767gtXI1ucvdq8o3_250.gif

I always find myself pressing the pause button or rewinding at the moment Michael says "That's the first shot of me with no shirt on…" ( Private Home Movies). And y'all know what that means... (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Come on! It's the first thing I thought of! XD

LolyMoonwalker;4149626 said:
I always find myself pressing the pause button or rewinding at the moment Michael says "That's the first shot of me with no shirt on…" ( Private Home Movies). And y'all know what that means... (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Come on! It's the first thing I thought of! XD

When he says that I think about all of the times he ripped his shirt open and go "huh?", but then I realize ripped open isn't the same as completely off LOL.

The part of the dance in the 'Beat It' short, where he swings his arms up. It looks as though his feet are glued to the floor! Michael stands out in the line up even though everybody's doing the same thing. That's the gift that made him special :)

I also have to rewind his spins during the James Brown concert in '83, to count how many rotations he made! I'd also like to see what it is that he did in general lol. I was as if someone literal pushed fast forward in real time! Speaking of which...

His robot during the J5 performance with Cher. He was like a wound up toy!

Back