HIStory Re-Edition 2013

DJ_OXyGeNe_8

Proud Member
1381769_10151946143094669_325677765_n.jpg

http://www.sonymusic.de/Michael-Jackson/History-Past-Present-And-Future-Book-I/P/1169559

How can we buy this, from where? I already have first press CD, searching for collection.

But I did check catalog numbers. And as you see backround is different than previous one and has the same catalog number: Also checked from Amazon.de and the same with amazon.co.uk

Sony's website; catalog number 88883771962

http://www.sonymusic.de/Michael-Jac...ent-And-Future-Book-I/P/1169559/B/88883771962

amazon.co.uk http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00ECJB2Z2/ref=ox_ya_os_product

this from amazon.de http://www.amazon.de/History-Past-P...45284&sr=8-3&keywords=michael+jackson+history

And amazon.co.uk not sells directly, seems import. I don't know German so I couldn't buy from amazon.de

Gold discs will always be better! Interesting to see they are still updating the albums, surprising really.

Grooves.inc says release date 10.11.2013

from amazon.de

• Audio CD (11. Oktober 2013)
  • Anzahl Disks/Tonträger: 2
  • Format: Doppel-CD
  • Label: Epc (Sony Music)
  • ASIN: B00ECJB2Z2,

it's the same as on amazon.co.uk - so I think it's right one (I hope) :)

I have these; I'm not sure what left one is, bought from somewhere 2nd hand. But the other one is original and must be first press

tl37r.jpg

So what exactly has changed between this pressing and the pressing from the mid-90s ? They can say it's been 'remastered' but I don't really think HIStory requires another remastering (especially considering Disc 1's content was actually remastered for HIStory in the first place).

They really should re-release HIStory on vinyl (especially the 'Present' section), I'd love to have it on record but I've only seen it so far for hundreds and hundreds of dollars :(

Yes, HIStory Vinyl woud be better. I'm searching for it but really expensive.

Yes, HIStory Vinyl woud be better. I'm searching for it but really expensive.

Yeah, it sucks :( I honestly fail to see the point in reissuing an album that has no change in the tracklist or material, and is already widely available on the format it's being reissued to.

I have History on Vinyl, but it was bought years ago from this record shop not far from my home. It was the first Vinyl I ever got. My mother bought it for me for Christmas.

The HIStory Vinyl is worth a lot? I've got that one in great protected condition from 1995. Had no idea!

I leave closed to German and retails stores here are regularly provided from German distributors.
I can have a look and see whether I find it or not.
Just let me know, I will be happy to help.

The HIStory Vinyl is worth a lot? I've got that one in great protected condition from 1995. Had no idea!

Woah, lucky you :D I think it is ! Always seen it for a few hundred dollars, nothing less. It's pretty rare alongside the BOTDF vinyl too (there's a bootleg 'picture-disc' one I've seen for cheap though). It seems Dangerous and Invincible are not as hard to find, but are usually more a bit more expensive than your normal record.

I think they need to release the second disc alone, I mean it is kind of dumb to me that they have the first disc released alone but not the second. So aside from downloads, if someone wants the second disc they have to get the whole package.. My HISTory CD started skipping like 3 times and 3 times I had to go buy new package with the first disc overley purchased.

But it's HIStory - Past, Present and Future. The release of only disc 2 would ruin the whole concept of the album.

Past is ok, Present is ok but never understood Future!?

They also released an album called Greatest Hits - the same as History Disc 1

tn27g.jpg

If this is Volume 1 - where is volume 2 ?

Last edited:
It's amazing that they get the reissue of HIStory, I still remember when I bought a double original 40-page brochure believe, golden discs, even what I have and it was my first original material that I bought from Michael, was for the year 2001: )

I think they need to release the second disc alone, I mean it is kind of dumb to me that they have the first disc released alone but not the second. So aside from downloads, if someone wants the second disc they have to get the whole package.. My HISTory CD started skipping like 3 times and 3 times I had to go buy new package with the first disc overley purchased.

Just download it then. You've already purchased it (3 times in fact) so you're not exactly pirating. If you get a new disc though, I would suggest backing it up (onto another disc), just in case. Pretty odd you've had 3 discs screw up though.

But it's HIStory - Past, Present and Future. The release of only disc 2 would ruin the whole concept of the album.

Yeah. I actually wish they didn't release Disc 1 on their own. There's far too many "Greatest Hits" packages for MJ. HIStory, 'Greatest Hits', Number Ones, The Ultimate Collection, King of Pop... 5 is way too many. HIStory, Number Ones and perhaps The Essentials should've been enough... but that's just my opinion.

Past is ok, Present is ok but never understood Future!?

Well it was Book 1, so my guess was that he intended to do a 'Book 2' (hence the 'future' part). Wouldn't be a bad idea for a posthumous project either, though I am strongly against the Estate releasing any already released material... again... (as you've probably figured out by now :p).

^ Well given 2 of the 3 times I got new ones it was really before the download age..

Also the reason I say to release second disc on its own is that they have released the first disc alone..

When the first disc was released on it's own, they removed Past, Present & Future from the title. Obviously they would do the same if disc 2 was released by itself.

So what exactly has changed between this pressing and the pressing from the mid-90s ? They can say it's been 'remastered' but I don't really think HIStory requires another remastering (especially considering Disc 1's content was actually remastered for HIStory in the first place).

They really should re-release HIStory on vinyl (especially the 'Present' section), I'd love to have it on record but I've only seen it so far for hundreds and hundreds of dollars :(
I remember seeing the vinyl in record stores back in 1995. I so regret not buying it back then!

Well since we are coming up with ideas I wouldnt think it would be a bad idea to have a compilation titled: The HIStory Experience

*HIStory Disc 1
* HIStory Disc 2
* Blood On The Dance Floor: History in the mix (With some additional remixes)

Blood On The Dance Floor probably would not get much future attention unless it is compiled this way anyways!

Back