Michael Jackson - Live At The Apollo In 2002; Full Audio Now Available!

Pentum

Dark Lady H2O
<header sab="2276">Listen to Michael Jackson&#8217;s full 2002 performance at the Apollo Theatre here.

<!-- .entry-meta -->
</header>

Audio from Michael Jackson&#8217;s last official performance in front of a live audience can finally be heard by fans.

On April 24, 2002 Michael Jackson lit up the stage at Harlem&#8217;s Apollo Theatre. Jackson was participating in a fundraising campaign as a favor to former U.S. President Bill Clinton and the Democratic National Committee. The campaign was launched in an effort to persuade American citizens to register to vote.

The King of Pop, 43 years-old at the time, was electrifying as always. Jackson treated the audience to spectacular performances of &#8220;Dangerous&#8221;, &#8220;Black Or White&#8221; and &#8220;Heal The World&#8221; on a night that raised nearly $3 million for the DNC.

The money would be used for the new &#8220;Every Vote Counts&#8221; campaign, the committee said. Members of the audience, which consisted of 1,400 supporters, paid up to $5,000 each to attend the all-star event. Comedian Chris Tucker and singers KD Lang, Tony Bennett and Diana Ross were among the talent on display.

Jackson&#8217;s performance from the event is one of the most sought after in the fan community due to it&#8217;s rarity.

For many years there has been only one video available &#8211; a short clip showcasing a portion of Jackson&#8217;s performance of &#8220;Dangerous&#8221; (see below). Excluding that solitary video, Jackson&#8217;s fans &#8211; other than those lucky enough to have been there on the night &#8211; had never seen or heard their idol&#8217;s performance from the night.

However, today I was sent a link to Wolfgang&#8217;s Vault &#8211; a website which proclaims itself to be &#8220;The World&#8217;s Greatest Collection of Concert Recordings&#8221;.

The website features an audio stream of Jackson&#8217;s FULL performance from the night &#8211; complete with audience interaction and vocal warm-ups &#8211; seemingly taken straight from the event&#8217;s sound desk. Crowd noise is at a minimum, usually only audible when Jackson&#8217;s live mic is switched on.

Listen to Michael Jackson&#8217;s full 2002 performance at the Apollo Theatre here.

Other than some very brief impromptu performances at awards shows &#8211; including the BET Awards in 2003 and World Music Awards in 2006 &#8211; Jackson&#8217;s April 24, 2002 appearance at the Apollo Theatre serves as his final curtain call as a live entertainer.
The greatest entertainer that ever lived.

The Dangerous performance:
[youtube]0nzYRYHmA9c[/youtube]

Last edited:
Too bad it's mainly playback. I'd rather watch a video of this.

can i share in audio section? is that allowed?

Too bad it's mainly playback. I'd rather watch a video of this.
Sure, who wouldn't? But remember that this is just a gift to us fans. This is not a project from the Estate. That's why I am grateful. It's like Barry Gibb's gift to us, AYIN + studio footage. Of course this can't be measured with that, but same thing.

Speaking of the audio section, can a mod please give me the password to the place? I pm'ed two for this months ago and neither of them ever got back to me. I'd love a link to this and other fan mixes and such that are only viewable in that section of the forum.

I downloaded it today. Great to hear the different mixes, especially Black or White. There seems to be a clap which is more audible than on the original record, must be from when MJ was grooving recording it. Great to hear new MJ stuff but it's a shame it's all playback. He sounds so out of breath when talking, might be some good performances?!

I actually have a t-shirt with a picture of MJ from the performance of Heal the World from this concert. It's nice to finally get more than a few idle snippets from this concert. It's just too bad that this ended up being MJ's last full song performances. :(

Edit: Upon actually finishing it all it up, I have to say that the guitar solos that Dave Navarro did kicked ass! Also, the final track that's listed is just the audio from the HIStory teaser.

Last edited:
Thing is to listen to the songs you have to register to join grr

Great that we finally get to hear this! Very good quality. Music and Michael's voice sounds so clear(I know it is playback). :)

Bit pointless.

But thanks all the same.

In terms of curtain calls I always consider Durban 1997 to be that.

I enjoyed the live vocals he did at the end of HTW, so not pointless. Also in general, this is just good to have. Maybe we get the videos one day with bad audio quality. Then we can just dub them using these. Not pointless.

We will never get to see Michael perform or sing again. Anything we can see now that we never saw before is much appreciated.

I think the audio didnt sound too great but it is cool that it is availble

Back