Today in Michael Jackson History March 20th

qbee

Proud Member

Today in Michael Jackson History March 20th

HISTORICAL DATES

1979 - The Jackson continue the destiny Tour performing the 2nd of 3 dates in Johannesburg, South Africa

1983 - Michael attends the opening night party of the stage show Dreamgirls.

1984 - Michael hires Frank Dileo, Vice President of Promotions at Epic as his new manager.

1988 - Michael continues his BAD Tour performing in Louisville ( Kentucky )

1988 - Michael is on the cover of Jet Magazine.

1990 - Adrian Grant, Editor of 'Off The Wall' magazine, fanzine in Britain, presents Michael with the 'Off the Wall' Appreciation Award', a montage of images of Michael throughout his career captured on canvas by artist, Vincent McKoy. After the presentation, Adrian spends the day in the Recording Studio where Michael is recording new songs for his next album. Michael poses for exclusive photographs for the magazine and writes a note to all the readers.

1991 - Michael Jackson signs a six album deal with Sony records/ The largest record deal in history. Michael Jackson renegotiates his contract with Sony Music, which includes a 15-year 6 album deal. The royalty rates included are the largest for any artist at 25% of the retail price of every album sold. The deal also includes Jackson’s own record label, landing Jackson in the Guinness Book of World Records again, for the Largest Entertainment Contract Ever, worth 890 million dollars.

1999 - Michael appears on the German TV Show 'Wetten Dass' (Wanna Bet) to announce his plans to stage two concerts in Korea and Germany ( Michael Jackson and friends) to raise funds for The Nelson Mandela Children's Fund, the Red Cross and UNESCO. Michael's now second appearance is again a mega event for both the fans and the press! He broke the viewership record of of 18 million in Germany alone, just like his first appearance on November 4, 1995 when he performed 'Earth Song'.

PICTURES OF THE DAY

2vj7dsj.jpg

Adrian Grant, presents Michael with 'Off the Wall' Appreciation Award 1990

2z8djl4.jpg

Michael Jackson on the Wetten Dass show 1999

SONG OF THE DAY

Earth Song - Live in Munich, Germany

[video=youtube_share;VLOTZv6AM0A]http://youtu.be/VLOTZv6AM0A[/video]
http://youtu.be/VLOTZv6AM0A

VIDEOS OF THE DAY

Michael Jackson on the Wetten Dass show 1999 Pt. 1

[video=youtube;wtX3qwiWZDo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtX3qwiWZDo[/video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtX3qwiWZDo

Michael Jackson on the Wetten Dass show 1999 Pt. 2

[video=youtube;Gkzvxp6tJhI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkzvxp6tJhI[/video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkzvxp6tJhI

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"I used to dream, I used to glance beyond the stars
Now I don't know where we are Although I know
we've drifted far"

~ Michael Jackson

* For your convenience > MJJC Index For all "Today In Michael Jackson History" Threads

* A major part of historical data comes from Michael Jackson: A Visual Documentary The Official Tribute Edition
ir

Your support and comments are greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contribute to this thread by commenting, adding pictures, videos or any other information related to this day in MJ History. Please PM Qbee if you find any misinformation or broken links to pictures, videos etc.

Sorry this was posted late. I tried to make it special for you to make up for my tardiness. :)
I also have the 18th that still needs posted. Ill try and get that one out today.

He's lyrics is so meaningfull there are no words to describe it. nd I didnt know what Dileo's function was at epic, how embarrassing..

I love sharing the pictures of the videos you post btw, ill stop if its annoying:lol:
142s6u.jpg

28thz75.jpg

1on24k.jpg

34qvb42.jpg

Love the pics and I appreciate any addition to "Today in MJ History". We can build this together :) and make it the best

* Your support and comments are greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contribute to this thread by commenting, adding pictures, videos or any other information related to this day in MJ History. Please PM Qbee if you find any misinformation or broken links to pictures, videos etc.

I always loved that photo with the flower. The Wetten Das with Michael was on sale. I tried to buy it on the internet but I could not understand the German, plus I was not sure if they would ship to USA. Did anyone buy the dvd's?

Btw aboit that red bracelet Michael wore, i read somewhere on the forum a fan gave it to him and youre supposed to wear it until it falls of itself. Is that rly the same he's been wearing in the late '00 ?!:shock: a

Btw aboit that red bracelet Michael wore, i read somewhere on the forum a fan gave it to him and youre supposed to wear it until it falls of itself. Is that rly the same he's been wearing in the late '00 ?!:shock: a

Interesting question. One of my Hindu friends had a red sting bracelet too, but it was prepared by one of the priests for some spiritual reason. There were certain things going on in her life and she went to him & he made the bracelet. She had to wear it until it fell away on it's own. I don't know if that is the same type of thing with Mchael's bracelet, because I see lot's of Hollywood people with things like that.

Oh oke.. Tnx for explaining. It sure was a trend too a few years ago i saw them being sold everywhere, still do actually. I really womdet if its that, a spiritual thing, a trend or just fans seeking too much behind a simple bracelet:p

^^Maybe it is both spiritual for those who have it for a spiritual reason, & a style for those who just like the thing & buy it. I know the rosary is a spiritual thing for people who pray with it, but I notice some other people wear them as jewelry even though they are from different religions because that is the "in" thing I guess. I have a feeling Michael wore it for a particular reason only because he is not the type that go in for jewelry. I have no proof. Maybe someone special gave it to him, so he wore it.

Back