BAD 25 Documentary to Air on ABC on Thanksgiving!!!!

GreenEyes

Proud Member
Michael Jackson in ‘BAD25′ to air Thanksgiving on ABC
ABC — posted by halboedeker on August, 28 2012 12:55 PM
Discuss This: Comments(0) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Michael Jackson during the 'BAD' tour in 1987. Photo credit: Dave Hogan/Getty Images
The Spike Lee documentary “BAD25,” a look back at the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson’s “BAD” album, will air Thanksgiving night on ABC.

“This will be a very special Thanksgiving for all families to enjoy the genius of Michael Jackson,” Lee said in a statement released by ABC. “Big thanks to ABC for allowing people to witness the making of Michael Jackson’s ‘BAD’ album. Shamon.”

Sept. 18 will mark the 25th anniversary of the album’s release, and special anniversary versions will go on the market that day.

ABC went a bit hyperbolic in describing the film and album: “Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Spike Lee teamed with The Estate of Michael Jackson and Legacy/Epic Records, carefully culling The Estate’s archives for rare and never-before-seen footage for the film which focuses on the creative forces that pushed Jackson to make the ‘BAD’ album and launch the BAD Worldwide Tour. ‘BAD25′ marks the first ever in-depth, behind-the-scenes film project to chronicle a Michael Jackson album and tour, and was filmed in advance of the 25th anniversary celebration of the iconic album, the record-breaking world tour and the groundbreaking short films that changed music history.

The film will feature Lee’s interviews with Jackson’s confidants, choreographers, musicians and collaborators, including director Martin Scorsese.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...kson-in-bad25-to-air-thanksgiving-on-abc.html

PX00142_91.jpg

Last edited:
Oh excellent. I'd imagine they will cut stuff out for TV. Which will be fine, because that means stuff to look forward to on the dvd/blu ray!

I don't know if they will cut anything out or not. They may not. We'll see. Either way... I'm very excited that it's going to be on a network channel, rather than some largely unseen channel. ABC is Primetime!

^End of nov. That's brilliant scheduling, it;s a pretty mainstream channel, right? The estate did really well to get that. Make sure you get everyone you know with nielson boxes to tune in, to make sure it's a ratings winner.

^End of nov. That's brilliant scheduling, it;s a pretty mainstream channel, right? The estate did really well to get that. Make sure you get everyone you know with nielson boxes to tune in, to make sure it's a ratings winner.

Yes, it is a mainstream channel. Thanksgiving night is the perfect night for this because everyone will be at home or their relatives house with bellies stuffed full of turkey sitting in front of the TV. :) This is great for viewership!!

ABC to air Spike Lee Doc on Michael Jackson's "Bad" :woohoo:

12:54 PM By Verne Gay
image.jpg
Photo credit: Getty Images

Interesting program note: ABC will air a Spike Lee documentary on Michael Jackson's epochal "Bad" — which turns 25 Aug. 31. Not a lot of detail here yet — notably airdate, length, etc. — but the network indicates this should hit the air on Thanksgiving. Lee has presented this already at some film festivals in Toronto and Venice.

The details, via ABC's release:
The Estate of Michael Jackson and Legacy/Epic Records, carefully culling The Estate’s archives for rare and never-before-seen footage for the film which focuses on the creative forces that pushed Jackson to make the “BAD” album and launch the BAD Worldwide Tour. “BAD25” marks the first ever in-depth, behind-the-scenes film project to chronicle a Michael Jackson album and tour, and was filmed in advance of the 25th anniversary celebration of the iconic album, the record-breaking world tour and the groundbreaking short films that changed music history. The album’s 25th Anniversary will be celebrated on September 18, 2012 with the Legacy/Epic Records release of deluxe 25th Anniversary editions of the album. The documentary features numerous interviews conducted personally by Spike Lee, including Jackson’s confidants, choreographers, musicians and collaborators, such as Oscar-winning film director Martin Scorsese, Joe Pytka . . .

And this from the filmmaker:
Lee offers us a more intimate side of Jackson, one rarely glimpsed amidst the glitter and circus-like atmosphere that surrounded the notoriously private superstar, especially as his personal life (and appearance) became a scandal-rag mainstay in the years that followed Bad. As the landmark album takes shape before our eyes, we see Jackson’s dedication to his craft, his talent for inspired collaboration, and his sly sense of humor — as well as some hints of the toll that his relentless work ethic had on his psyche...
http://www.newsday.com/entertainmen...ke-lee-doc-on-michael-jackson-s-bad-1.3932512

dancing.gif

Last edited:
We have to wait till November? Oh i wished it was sooner! But when it comes to promotion about the docu, they couldn't have done it better!!!

I agree! It's BRILLIANT to show it on Thanksgiving.:woohoo: I know it's a wait for some of us, but it will be worth it just knowing the exposure it will get on that day!

Too bad it wasn't Canadian Thankgiving, which is mid October :p

NFL football is huge on thanksgiving. Pretty sure the docu will be up against an NFL football game.

Re: ABC to air Spike Lee Doc on Michael Jackson's "Bad" on Thankgiving Day!!!!

YASSS!!! I knew it that was gonna happen

Re: ABC to air Spike Lee Doc on Michael Jackson's "Bad" on Thankgiving Day!!!!

This is gonna be hot. I'm SO excited.

I'm also glad that this documentary will be appearing on "network" television and not on the usual cable stations, i.e. MTV or VH1.

This way more folks can tune in.

To The Estate of Michael Jackson, once again, I take my hat off to ya. Well done!

Awesome! This is the best news :D I'm not sure if I'll have time to actually watch it on Thanksgiving (if it's showing that exact day), but if I don't I'll be recording it and watch it first thing in the morning. :popcorn:

Football is soooo boring.:sleeping:

But NFL football gets huge ratings. It is by far the #1 sport in America because of gambling. It just might be smart scheduling. Some folks will be spent watching the two day games. And the docu may be a welcome change.

CherubimII;3698218 said:
And this from the filmmaker:
As the landmark album takes shape before our eyes, we see Jackson’s dedication to his craft, his talent for inspired collaboration, and his sly sense of humor — as well as some hints of the toll that his relentless work ethic had on his psyche...

Now I really wonder what on earth that could mean??? Could the docu possibly show us that michael was beginning to have troubles with insomnia back then??

Hess;3698232 said:
GREAT NEWS !!!

BAD25 could be HUGE !!
Hmm, by the time the docu airs the hype around the album will have slowed down noticeably.

^ So? It means that people who haven't bought the album, might be encouraged to go out and buy it the next day on black friday, one of the busiest shopping days in the us. It's a really high profile slot, i don't know why people are being negative. Beyonce's concert got the abc slot in 2010, and gaga got the slot in 2011. And yes i know that they're not in mj's league, but they happened to be the hottest artists around in those years. We can only hope the uk has similar highprofile scheduling.

NFL football is huge on thanksgiving. Pretty sure the docu will be up against an NFL football game.
If they show it in primetime, it will go against the Patriots and Jets game. That's going to be a really popular game. I absolutely LOVE watching football on Thanksgiving. It's an American tradition. But I'm riding with MJ that day!

Now I really wonder what on earth that could mean??? Could the docu possibly show us that michael was beginning to have troubles with insomnia back then??

Probably. Or maybe more vague.
From 87 to 89, he was probably insanely busy all the time. The recording, photoshoots, touring, press, interviews, shooting music videos, a feature film, etc etc etc.

Probably. Or maybe more vague.
From 87 to 89, he was probably insanely busy all the time. The recording, photoshoots, touring, press, interviews, shooting music videos, a feature film, etc etc etc.

True. Plus he bought Neverland, didn't he?

That's awesome Im so happy the Documentery will get main (ABC) network exposure to the masses.
and that I will get a chance to see it :)

Im so happy :clap:

Back