'Dear Michael' book rocks with Swarovski-studded portrait - Tribute book ($7,500)

myosotis

Proud Member
I expect this is another 'money making' effort, but nevertheless intersting to see. Sadly, the description does not give much idea of the content!
I wonder for whom $7,500 is a 'small price'?

Dear Michael book rocks with Swarovski-studded Michael Jackson portrait

Connoisseurs of luxury add luxury books to your list of must haves. Bungalow Publishing is unveiling their first ever luxury book based on Michael Jackson.

The “Dear Michael” book is exclusive and limited-edition. The founders of Bungalow Publishing Marisa Garau and Arjan van Woensel wanted to combine high value with human creativity. The Michael Jackson Book Memorial in honor of the late singer Michael Jackson features his portrait made from 3,000 Swarovski crystals and is on every book cover.

The book is thoughtfully placed in two cases made from Alpine White engineered stone and sweet-scented wood from walnut tree. This case is cleverly designed to perform as a pedestal for those interested in a little bit of display. The white case is also equipped with a Medal of Honor with Michael Jackson’s initials on it.

To bring to life and create a high-end, one of a kind product they brought together creative professionals from all walks of life such as artisans, designers, jewelers, printers, photographers, graphic artists and manufactures. Only 2,000 copies of this limited edition set will be available for sale.

For a small price of $7,500, fans will receive their very own personalized and numbered copy of this very exclusive book.

http://www.businessinsider.com/dear...vski-studded-michael-jackson-portrait-2011-12

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/xswarovskicrystalbookco.jpg/][/URL]

Last edited:
Dear Michael book rocks with Swarovski-studded Michael Jackson portrait

Luxurylaunches.com | Dec. 8, 2011

Connoisseurs of luxury add luxury books to your list of must haves. Bungalow Publishing is unveiling their first ever luxury book based on Michael Jackson.
The “Dear Michael” book is exclusive and limited-edition. The founders of Bungalow Publishing Marisa Garau and Arjan van Woensel wanted to combine high value with human creativity. The Michael Jackson Book Memorial in honor of the late singer Michael Jackson features his portrait made from 3,000 Swarovski crystals and is on every book cover.
The book is thoughtfully placed in two cases made from Alpine White engineered stone and sweet-scented wood from walnut tree. This case is cleverly designed to perform as a pedestal for those interested in a little bit of display. The white case is also equipped with a Medal of Honor with Michael Jackson’s initials on it.

To bring to life and create a high-end, one of a kind product they brought together creative professionals from all walks of life such as artisans, designers, jewelers, printers, photographers, graphic artists and manufactures. Only 2,000 copies of this limited edition set will be available for sale.
For a small price of $7,500, fans will receive their very own personalized and numbered copy of this very exclusive book.

For pictures -
http://www.businessinsider.com/dear...vski-studded-michael-jackson-portrait-2011-12

Re: Dear Michael book rocks with Swarovski-studded Michael Jackson portrait!

Wish I was a rich bitch!

Michael-Jackson-Book-Monument-1-thumb-550x505.jpg

Michael-Jackson-Book-Monument-2-thumb-550x477.jpg

Michael-Jackson-Book-Monument-5-thumb-550x365.jpg

Michael-Jackson-Book-Monument-6-thumb-550x466.jpg

Luxurylaunches.com is a blog covering luxury and high-end products.

Re: Dear Michael book rocks with Swarovski-studded Michael Jackson portrait!

Looks amazing but it's also an amazing price.

"For a small price of $7,500, fans will receive their very own personalized and numbered copy of this very exclusive book"

:smilerolleyes:

LOL they call that a "small price" id call that a ridiculous price!

So it's a book containing stories from fans?

I've said this before, if I had that kind of money for memorabilia I'd go for an authentic autograph or piece of clothing :)

Absolutely disgusting price. They actually think they're gonna sell all of them? pffft

Ridiculous!!! We are in a recession for Kryss' sake.

Wow - that's cheap. - I'll have two then....

:lol:

Legendary Michael Jackson received the following letter from Marisa Garau (Bungalow Publishing Ltd.). The views and interpretation reflected in this letter are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect an expression of opinion on the part of the Legendary Michael Jackson Fan Association.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1w0qqNVjMKQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

&#8220;Eighteen months ago I started to work on an extraordinary book project with my husband Arjan van Woensel. It was June 2010 when fans of Michael Jackson around the world mourned their first year without Michael, and I thought about these people from such different cultures and backgrounds. I wondered how the lives of his fans were affected after Michael died? How do they cope without him? How did Michael&#8217;s death change their outlook on life and its challenges?

As writing to me has proved to be a healing way of getting to terms with painful feelings, I felt I wanted to offer you, Michael&#8217;s fan, that very special, positive experience. Imagine if you could write down your feelings of loss and grief, your personal memories, your inspiring and hopeful thoughts, and have that story published in a stunningly beautiful, exclusive book which honours Michael in the most respectful way possible &#8230; it would make you feel so proud of yourself. I promise you: it&#8217;s a feeling you&#8217;ll never forget for the rest of your life.
So this is how the Michael Jackson Book Monument was born. And this is how it looks!

book-Dear-Michael-1-120811.jpg

The Michael Jackson Book Monument

&#8226; A strictly limited Private Luxury Edition of 2,000 copies of a bible-like book, each copy containing 2,000 fan farewells on 2,000 pages
&#8226; Your inspirational story published in an impeccably crafted, ultra luxurious edition, entirely handbound by the purveyor of precious Holy Bibles to the Vatican
&#8226; A unique cover portrait of Michael created from over 3,000 crystals by the world famous Swarovski family
&#8226; Your personal memory of Michael printed on the finest French bible paper by internationally acclaimed Dutch master printers
&#8226; A striking Medal of Honour featuring Michael&#700;s initials in its heart, made by the purveyors of medals to the British Royal Family in London
&#8226; A highly sophisticated case made of delicately scented wood from the American walnut tree
&#8226; A sleek white case made of stone, an exceptional material never before used to carry a book
&#8226; A revolutionary design of two cases which form a majestic throne for The King of Books, and which will forever change the landscape of exclusive book publishing
&#8226; Your personalised copy with your unique page number featured in the back cover of the book and engraved in the reverse of the Medal of Honour
&#8226; A state-of-the-art website with specially developed functionalities for fans to sign up and co-create the written monument
&#8226; A thrilling trailer featuring the exclusively Private Luxury Edition of The Michael Jackson Book Monument which will be broadcasted through Facebook and Vimeo

book-Dear-Michael-2-120811.jpg

Within a selective group of top professionals from the printing, bookbinding and product design industries in Europe we created an astonishing looking book. The people and companies involved in the creation of this singular monument are the very best in their respective fields.

We are very fortunate to work with these highly skilled experts, who each share our vision that this unique Michael Jackson Book Monument deserves to become the book of the century. In reaching this goal, they didn&#8217;t only offer the best technology and materials

available, but also stretched their minds and expertise by testing new production processes and having new materials manufactured exclusively for this project.

The book is leather bound and entirely hand crafted. Both cases are finished by hand. The medal die is cut by hand. Each and every detail is created from only the very best and finest materials available and crafted to the highest standards.

The 2,000 participating fans will not only have their story published, but will also receive their personalised, numbered copy of this Private Luxury Edition.

The limited edition sells for 7,499.00 USD* per numbered copy. Reservations can be made through the website (soon available).
book-Dear-Michael-3-120811.jpg

Apart from the limited edition, we will also publish a regular, unlimited edition so that this unique book &#8211; entirely written by Michael&#8217;s most devoted fans &#8211; will be accessible to a worldwide audience. The regular edition will be on sale for 59.00 USD through our website and the Amazon stores.

book-Dear-Michael-4-120811.jpg

A substantial part of the proceedings of both editions will be donated to an international charitable organisation which reaches out to children in need, a cause we feel Michael would fully support.
The project is now ready to be launched and it exceeds our wildest expectations.
We invite you to come and see for yourself!

As you can see, the photo&#8217;s of the Michael Jackson Book Monument look absolutely stunning. Still, they&#8217;re nothing compared to the real thing. Therefore three copies have been made exclusively for Michael&#8217;s millions of fans around the world to see this monumental piece of book art with their own eyes.

The Michael Jackson Book Monument will be exhibited at:
The Swarovski Crystallized Store in Shanghai from 5 December 2011
The Swarovski Crystallized Store in London from 8 December 2011
The Swarovski Crystallized Store in New York from 12 December 2011

Arjan and I will personally bring a copy to each of the respective stores. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Kindest regards,
Marisa Garau & Arjan van Woensel
Bungalow Publishing Ltd
Auckland &#8226; Amsterdam &#8226; Firenze&#8221;
sources: Legendary MJ (LMJ), Bungalow Publishing Ltd.

bungalow_logo_NEW_red_sharper.png

<object style="padding: 0pt ! important; margin: 0pt ! important; float: none ! important; border: 0px solid rgb(255, 0, 0) ! important; background: none repeat scroll center center transparent ! important; width: 0px ! important; height: 0px ! important; display: block ! important; overflow: visible ! important; position: absolute ! important; text-indent: 0px ! important; z-index: auto ! important; max-width: none ! important; min-width: 0pt ! important; max-height: none ! important; min-height: 0pt ! important; left: 0px ! important; top: 0px ! important; bottom: auto ! important; right: auto ! important; line-height: 16px ! important; white-space: nowrap ! important; visibility: hidden ! important;"></object>

Last edited:
Re: NEW BOOK: The Michael Jackson Book Monument

weird ...

Re: NEW BOOK: The Michael Jackson Book Monument

The crystals are very pretty...

Back