Michael Jackson Legacy: The Lies That Bind

Maria MJ

Proud Member
An extraordinary article by our Legacy team member Deborah Ffrench. I would like to thank her and congratulate her on this excellent piece, which I truly hope will find its way outside the MJ community for the world to read and learn.

An excerpt:

Legacy. A curious word. It applies to bloodlines of inherited wealth and historic families, and equally it applies to every human being. Who we are, how we live, and what we give during the lifetimes we are assigned – are key parts of sum we leave behind. And across the pond Michael Jackson also leaves a legacy to his children, and to the world. Like Diana, Michael used his fame, time and energy – not to mention millions of dollars – to positively benefit the lives of others. And like Diana, Michael also lived his life under unimaginable scrutiny. In Diana’s latter years however, the albeit tenuous respect afforded her by the media in Britain after her divorce and new relationships, not to mention the still rapturous media she enjoyed in America and around the globe, were exponentially more humane than that extended to Michael Jackson. While both these public figures endured violating levels of media attention, Michael did so for far longer and on a much more malevolent scale.

Read the entire article here:

http://mjtpmagazine.presspublisher....cle/michael-jackson-legacy-the-lies-that-bind

Very nice writing, I'm quite impressed especially when social media has promulgated the most horrid illogical pieces by giving them space within which to spread.

I love the syntax and diction but could have done without the tie in to the Royal family, despite an attempt to establish a connection between the two it remains, in fact, a weak connection. Just giving my critique as someone who appreciates good writing.

Is deborah a writer? blogger? I only know she is a fan, but not much else.

I just read parts of this wonderful write-up on another MJ fan forum and was so grateful that was about to ask the original poster for the contact info of the writer to thank her when I found out here that its by 'one of us' :)
Thankyou Deborah! Its beautiful, truthful and I hope and pray that it finds its away to people outside of the ever growing Michael Jackson fan community!
With all my L.O.V.E.,
Ankita

Last edited:
Back