Cascios:: Studio/notes/and programs

oh you're welcome... that program is really interesting you can really change basically everything about a song so simply!!

oh you're welcome... that program is really interesting you can really change basically everything about a song so simply!!

It is. But it only looks simple, what it is not actually. It's been around a long time already. But I am so much about the true art that imo there's no any use for it if you are a great musician. Michael would have never used it. You can honesty say that. But I see still some point using it on this 'Michael' because the recordings are not final. The main 'problem' just is that if you don't know fully WHY or HOW to use it, do not use it at all. It can ruin everything. I am not going to teach Teddy Riley or anyone why or how to use it or how to tweak vocals better but I understand Riley is somehow old-school. He could PM whenever he wanted to although I know he won't. :lol: He might be also angry about what I said about him. I have to say I'm sorry. I see it clearer now. Trying something is much better than just giving up. Thank you, T. Riley.

Re: Cascios studio.. notes to take from

Sounds plausable.

BN, KYHU and Monster was recorded in a cellar and not a pro studio.

Monster was even recorded through a PVC pipe. (some parts)

Interesting how NOBODY doubts the distorted voicemail vocals at the beginning of (I Like) The Way You Love Me, though. Recorded over a telephone. Funny that.

Anybody who believes that vocal effects are the cause of why Michael sounds so different on the Cascio tracks should read this... a quote from somebody who works in the music industry:

The difference between "Hollywood Tonight" and the Cascio songs is that, even with all the digital processing and manipulation, Melodyne'd (which I use a lot and know exactly how it works and how it makes people sound) and auto-tuned vocals...... it still sounds like Michael.

And I want you guys to know something.... in every single recording session I've ever done, in studios all over the world, even on the most electronic of songs, I've never heard any chain or combination of vocal processing, editing, tempo changes, or anything, that makes one person's voice COMPLETELY unrecognizable from anything and everything else they've ever done. Sorry, believers, but in the real world this does not happen. So Teddy is trying to bullshit people who don't know any better. "Monster" was recorded within (at a push) 15BPM of what you're hearing. AT MOST. And he thinks people don't know the effect speeding up vocals has? I speed up vocals all the time if I'm working on dancier, edgier remixes of songs for people or sampling old recordings to make hip-hop stuff. It sounds exactly like what you'd expect - the same person singing faster. Not a different person completely, which is what the lead vocals on the Cascio songs sound like. I could speed up any MJ song right now and change the melody with Melodyne and you'd still be able to obviously tell that's it Michael Jackson singing. The same way "2000 Watts" was obviously Michael Jackson to me the first time I heard it, and doesn't need questioning.

samhabib - cuz u can tell its Michael very easily.. Plus the audio is obviously not finalized.. you can hear the unclearity, and also hear the open airspace which they could not release an entire song with that sound..

Also the original song was released when MJ was alive..

Also if they had to match up the audio to another recording like threw PVC which will have a different airspace sound and clearity and match the vocals and drown out the sounds in the background (which will be different) they would have to match the tone and vocals with programs to make it sound like the vocals are recorded together

the intro to twylm is on the phone hes telling someone how it should go and they taped it. personally i love that bit, it gives us insight on how he comes up with the rythme and the beats.... i am going to replace 2 of the 3 songs and i was wondering is there a full version of Slave to the Rythme or not?

I have to say this controversy is one of the most amazing things I've faced during his career. I never thought his voice would be Melodyned that badly (or Melodyned at all) and that the result would be this. But if the cd will sell well Michael would have just loved all this controversy.

I still can't understand why SONY would be crazy enough to contemplate releasing fraudulent songs, it makes no sense. Lets be honest, the quality of the songs will in no way effect the sales of a Michael Jackson album so why would they go to effort of producing, recording and mixing 'fake' songs when they have a massive catalogue on unrealeased tracks???

sony is just a corporate body like every other big companies. things go wrong.

just look at the this is it single. they didnt even know that its paul anka's song.

they just didnt know better. they thought "oh wow that sounds so modern, lets have teddy riley do some instrumentals and its completed!" without even knowing that there's people like jason malachi and others out there, possibly faking this.

OK PEOPLE LISTEN UP!!!!
Ok i have your attention? good, now Cascio conspiracy theorists, please hear what i have to say, as someone who's studied Psychology i know that many may not be able to do this, but basically you need to listen to the songs with a blank mind, listen to the song unbiased and open minded, because if you in there with a Pre Conceived notion then your going to affect the way your brain interperates the music.

STOP thinking the music is fake because thats the reason you beLIEve it's fake, BN is a terrible track as James Porte washed out Michaels vocals, they have fixed some of it in the CD version but not the extent i would have liked, DO NOT compare these songs to other Michael songs, thats like saying to compare his vocals in DSTYGE to Heartbreaker, any normal person who didn't listen to Michael would say the songs were sung by 2 different people, my friend sure did!

BUT HUMAN EARS ARE NOT CORRECT! and the Waveform Analysis that was done on the tracks proved it was Michael, that's irrefutable proof right there, those vocals of course were unedited by melodyne. USE YOUR HEADS PEOPLE

Interesting how NOBODY doubts the distorted voicemail vocals at the beginning of (I Like) The Way You Love Me, though. Recorded over a telephone. Funny that.

do you think that was a real voice mail message? you realize this can be done using software, or passing the studio vocals through a phone

Back