Barbados terminally ill prime minister inspired by michael jackson

billyworld99

Proud Member
Today is another sad day. I am from Barbados and we just learned that our Prime Minister has pancreatic cancer, one of the worst and only 5% survival. He has been away from office since March and everybody wondered what was wrong with him, he is only 47 years old. He made a recorded public speech to our Nation and their was a section at the end that just made me cry my eyes out all over again. It went like this:

"If we can unite first and foremost as sons and daughters of these fields and hills we call our very own, nothing will hold us back. We did it in the 60s and 70s, and we make no wanton boast of what we can achieve.

"Michael Jackson of late memory reminded us in his song WE ARE THE WORLD that change will only come when we stand together as one. In his seminal work he wrote:

"There comes a time when we heed a certain call, when the world must come together as one. There are people dying, and it's time to lend a hand to life; the greatest gift of all.
"We can't go on, pretending day by day, that someone, somewhere will soon make a change. We are all a part, of God's great big family, and the truth, you know,
love is all we need."

That's me fondest wish for Barbadians. That we use adversity to reforcus our energies on what's best for Barbados and that we wrap our actions and our utterances in the national flag and the furtherance of this great nation we call home. That's my challenge to you. UNITE AND LOVE

This is coming from our dying Prime Minister and whom would he quote none other than Michael J. Jackson.

Its a sad day for Barbados.

got this article from facebook

Wow!

Great to see Michael influence even politicians.

i think the world as a whole need to follow this quote

"If we can unite first and foremost as sons and daughters of these fields and hills we call our very own, nothing will hold us back. We did it in the 60s and 70s, and we make no wanton boast of what we can achieve.

It is indeed very sad to learn of a person so young dying of cancer, but to quote and be inspired by Michael Jackson, is very special and warms my heart at the same time.

i think the world as a whole need to follow this quote

Hi there, fellow BAJAN.

knew there was good reason why i like you, and respond to almost all your threads.
Very sad about the prime minister. Pancreatic cancer is almost fatal, hope he beats it.

How sad. :( But how wonderful that he is inspired by Michael. I'm glad Michael can guide him in that way during this period of his life.

I wish him luck with this battle. I hope he is able to fight it. As Michael said, "Keep the faith." :angel:

Wow! First of all I send much love, prayers and healings to your Prime Minister. I hope he gets well soon. Miracles ARE possible. It is so beautiful that he has been inspired by our beloved Michael, and even more beautiful that he expressed this truth through his statement. Michael Jackson truly IS a blessing to us ALL!

May I ask where you heard this statement? Was this an audio/video by him or read out by someone else? Did your media cover it? Hope you answer.

Thanks.

I send my love and prayers to the Prime Minister of Barbados.
God Be With Him and his Family. :angel:

I am from Barbados and it is indeed a sad day for us.

max000 - I thought I was the only Barbadian here. But I dont think billyworld is Barbadian. I think he was quoting the article.

I am from Barbados and it is indeed a sad day for us.

max000 - I thought I was the only Barbadian here. But I dont think billyworld is Barbadian. I think he was quoting the article.

The Chosen One, Yes proud Bajan in every way.!!!. Noticed you from the get go. But always recluctant to intrude.

our Prime Minister has pancreatic cancer, one of the worst and only 5% survival.
i'll pray that he beats the odds only if he's a good politician which most arent. right now dropping mj's name is a winner so these people say whatever folks wanna hear but do they mean it?

His inspiration in Michael is very touching, yet it is very saddening to hear about his terminal condition. I hope he is able to survive it. It sounds like he is a great leader who is greatly beloved by his people. We need more of those, especially in times like the ones we are presently facing. We are indeed the world, its only children, and we're the only ones who can build a tomorrow for ourselves.

R.I.P. Mr. PM:angel:

Today as I opened the newspaper in India( I always go to the International page first, a habit I developed decades ago, looking for news about Michael in the days when there was no internet!) I learnt the very sad news of the PM's passing away. I remembered this thread stating his failing health and how he had been inspired by our dear Michael and how he was honest and courageous enough to state this beautiful fact in his inspiring speech to his nation. The moment I read the news today, I whispered to myself, "Oh no!" and for the next few moments I sat there crying silently. I felt so deeply saddened. Then I went straight to my meditation room and prayed for his soul on behalf of the entire Michael Jackson fan community. May his soul rest in peace. I may not have known him or even heard about him till a few weeks ago, but I know that if he had allowed his heart to be inspired by Michael, he must have been a nice person, regardless of his political desicions. I send the people of lovely Barbados all my love and best wishes. May Barbados (and the world) live in peace and oneness and truly realize that We really are the world!

God bless

Last edited:

Today as I opened the newspaper in India( I always go to the International page first, a habit I developed decades ago, looking for news about Michael in the days when there was no internet!) I learnt the very sad news of the PM's passing away. I remembered this thread stating his failing health and how he had been inspired by our dear Michael and how he was honest and courageous enough to state this beautiful fact in his inspiring speech to his nation. The moment I read the news today, I whispered to myself, "Oh no!" and for the next few moments I sat there crying silently. I felt so deeply saddened. Then I went straight to my meditation room and prayed for his soul on behalf of the entire Michael Jackson fan community. May his soul rest in peace. I may not have known him or even heard about him till a few weeks ago, but I know that if he had allowed his heart to be inspired by Michael, he must have been a nice person, regardless of his political desicions. I send the people of lovely Barbados all my love and best wishes. May Barbados (and the world) live in peace and oneness and truly realize that We really are the world!

God bless

God bless

Back