NEW ALBUM - Susan Boyle Number One In America - more than a month before it’s released...

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
SuBo’s album tops chart more than a month before it’s released...
14:19, Saturday, 25 September 2010

Susan Boyle’s forthcoming album has topped the US charts six weeks before its official release.

The Gift is number one on Amazon’s US music chart on pre-orders alone – just one day after being made available to order. Boyle's album topped the chart ahead of new releases from Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Robert Plant, Neil Young and Taylor Swift.

Amazon declared this “the season of Susan” and said the interest in the Britain’s Got Talent sensation was unprecedented. "She has done phenomenally well going to the top of the chart in the US based on one day of pre-orders alone and she's racing up the charts in the UK as well,” an Amazon spokesperson said. “She has really captured the hearts of the nation, both here and in the States."

SuBo’s debut, I Dreamed A Dream, broke records back in 2009 to become the largest global CD pre-order in history; it went on to sell nine million copies and was the biggest selling album of that year. Judging by the buzz around the singer’s new release, she may just top that.

The Gift’s official UK release date is November 8. The album features Christmas classics The First Noel and O Holy Night alongside covers of pop hits such as Hallelujah, Perfect Day and Don’t Dream It’s Over.
http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/susan-boyle/news/238435-susan-boyle-number-one-in-america

Susan Boyle's Upcoming "Gift" Already a Best-Seller

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Susan Boyle announced the November 9 release of her second album, "The Gift," only three days ago, but already the set has shot to No. 1 on Amazon's Bestsellers chart based on pre-order sales.

The singer's sophomore effort reached the top spot Wednesday (September 22) in its second day as a pre-order, officially kicking off what Amazon director of music Craig Pape described as "the season of Susan" for the online retailer.

"It's pretty significantly No. 1," said Pape, who would not reveal specific sales figures but said that the volume of pre-orders has exceeded his expectations. "The Gift" has leapfrogged fourth-quarter efforts by Taylor Swift, Eric Clapton and Neil Young on the Bestsellers tally, with only pre-orders of Bob Dylan's "The Witmark Demos" coming close to Boyle's sales, according to Pape.

"It's a relative ranking, and a lot of it depends on the release schedule and what else is in the market," said Pape. "But looking at this list, you can see that it's a pretty strong slate of releases, so it's a non-trivial position to take the top slot during this release period."

Boyle is no stranger to Amazon's Bestsellers chart: her 2009 debut, "I Dreamed a Dream," broke records as Amazon Music's largest CD pre-order ever before it moved 3.8 million U.S. copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan. It is still unclear whether "The Gift" will rival the pre-order figures of "Dream," considering that "the pre-order window for this record is shorter" than that of the first album, Pape said.

As announced Tuesday, "The Gift" is set for release on SYCO/Columbia Records and will include Boyle's take on Christmas classics "O Holy Night" and "The First Noel" as well as performances of Lou Reed's "Perfect Day" and Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah." The album is displayed at the top of Amazon Music's main page with link to the pre-order and to Susan Boyle's artist page. Apple's iTunes store also prominently features "The Gift," and the album sits at No. 2 on Barnes & Noble's music bestsellers list.

"I personally expect to see it in that top slot for quite a while," said Pape. "Through street date and beyond, through Christmas, sales should stay very strong."
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=11722866

... so... is SONY waiting and want to let Boyle release her new album first, before Michael or is she the serious threat for Michael to top the charts?
I think so...

Thats pretty darn impressive.

She has an amazing voice.

that's great, dreams do come true no matter how old you are

Very true. I think she was 48 when she came on BGT last year. To become such a sensation at that age is incredible, anything is possible.

God, please help us. Continue to give this world some hope. People with REAL talent. We need mooaaarr!!! I'm tired of hating the music of today. It seriously breaks my heart whenever I think about how bad it's gotten. :cry:

Good for her. :)
You would think with all the records she's selling (and records she is breaking apariantly) she would get praised more. Instead it seems to get by unnoticed...

Back