The King of Pop Michael Jackson Mural "MJ2010"

billyworld99

Proud Member
8-7-2010) The World Famous Pico Union Graff Lab home to the best legal graffiti in the world is proud to announce the unavailing of the start of the Michael Jackson Mural “MJ2010” set for completion on Michael Jackson’s birthday Sunday, August 29, 2010, by artist Rudy “Rude” Martinez. The mural tribute to the late Michael Jackson will measure 30’by100’.

The mural will be painted on the west wall of The Graff Lab headquarters which is a quarter of a mile west of the Staples Center in Downtown Los Angeles, CA. Artist Rudy Rude was inspired to paint the Michael Jackson mural after his tragic death which took place last year in his home in Holmby Hills, CA. The public debut of the mural “MJ2010” will be accompanied by a meet and greet of artist Rudy Rude Martinez and Rick Guerrero, Founder of the Pico Union Graff Lab alongside young musical entertainers inspired by the music and performances of Michael Jackson. Please join us and see for yourself the birth of a true L.A. Landmark...“The world has lost a musical genius but has given birth to a legend”-Rudy Rude Martinez

Rudy Rude is no stranger when it comes to painting Hollywood stars! His most recent painting is a portrait of Tori Spelling. The painting was presented to both Tori Spelling and Dean Mc Dermott last month during a visit to the artist studio. To view more of Rudy Rude Martinez works of art, please visit the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.

WHAT:
Meet and Greet artist Rudy Rude Martinez
Michael Jackson: Mural MJ2010
Photo includes a computer rendition of the Michael Jackson mural
By Artist: Rudy Rude Martinez

WHEN:
Friday, June 25, 2010 from 11amto 2pm

WHERE:
The Graff Lab
1038 West Venice Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90015
(213) 747 – 2790 ext: 22
Email: rudy@thegrafflab.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Rudy Rude Martinez
The Graff Lab/Los Angeles
Email: Rudy@thegrafflab.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Telephone: 323 – 743-9207
General information: info@thegrafflab.com

Great!!!!

I love graffiti art.

That's great i love graffiti art, when it's legal lol i've seen pictures of some beautiful ones from all around the world since last year. I wonder which image he's create.

I cannot wait to see the mural but could you reduce the size if possible as its stretching the page. Thank you :flowers:

This is great! I can't wait to see it when it's finished. I wish someone would something like that in my state. Hopefully someday, when I travel to California, I will be able to see the mural.

Michael Jackson: Mural MJ2010 computer rendition
By Artist: Rudy Rude Martinez

mj%20mural.jpg

Is this what he's planning it to look like? Looks nice, interesting picture choice though. I'm sure it will look beautiful. Can't wait to see it.

WOW, this looks awesome!!
I wish there would be murals like that in every city in the world!!!

I think its a bit dry. Theres sooooo much that could be done, and all it is is one image. Not very creative imo.

Wow. Looks like it's gonna be soooo beautiful!

world famous pico union? never heard of em. lol

anyway, that image on that building for that mural reminds me of a strange dream i had..where i walked in an abandoned neighborhood, and saw an old abandoned building, with Michael Jackson's name sprawled on it. to this day, i don't know what that all means.

i guess i can interpret it as, MJ.. not to egotistical for the common man.

and if that is the correct interpretation...that would be true.

Back