La Roux Fixated By Jackson

FedoraHatGirl2058

Proud Member
26 April 2010 10:02:52
La Roux - La Roux Fixated By Jackson

La Roux Photos

More La Roux Videos

la_roux_1140296.jpg

La Roux used to stare at pictures of late 'Thriller' singer Michael Jackson for hours at a time.

La Roux used to stare at pictures of Michael Jackson for hours at a time.
The flame-haired British electro pop star told was captivated by the look of the late 'Thriller' singer as he was the "source of so much intrigue" for the singer - real name Elly Jackson - when she was a child.

She said: "The first record I remember hearing by Michael Jackson was when I was seven years old - there was a cassette of 'Dangerous' on top of the videos in the living room. I remember not liking the music but liking the cover. I would look at pictures of him for three hours. When you're that age,Michael Jackson blows your mind.

"He was the source of so much intrigue when I was a kid. He had everything a pop star needs - the lifestyle and the massive mental health issues."

Although she was first exposed to Michael's 1991 album 'Dangerous' Elly, 22, is a bigger fan of the more funk influenced material by the singer - who died last year of acute intoxication of the anaesthetic Propofol just weeks before a series of comeback concerts in London - naming 1979 album 'Off The Wall' as an influence.

She added: "'HIStory' was the first Michael Jackson record I bought, when I was eight, but 'Off the Wall' can't be beaten. I'm getting into funk at the moment and it's an amazing funk record. Plus, his vocals are softer."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/la-roux-fixated-by-jackson_1140296

Love La Roux, she's great :)

I really dont care for her music myself
and she doesnt sound like much of an MJ fan
attributing his pop star status to mental health issues :no:
not due to the fact he was a musical genious

that kind of pissed me off :smilerolleyes:

Last edited:
:mello: No interest - she probably thinks that to be such a genius he must have mental health issues :swoon: well ... she'll never be :D

:mello: No interest - she probably thinks that to be such a genius he must have mental health issues :swoon: well ... she'll never be :D

By that logic, LaRoux must be the sanest person on the planet.

Serious mental health issues?? WTH!!!

I agree with La Roux when she said as a child, she would stare at pictures of Michael because I did the same. He was just magic to me, and still is.

:eek: :eek:

^^^:clapping: :clapping:

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

You're so funny!

Aww, posted deleted. Guess it was a bit inappropriate. :innocent:

I'll just say she looks incredibly pretentious and her music makes me want to poke my eyes out with a fork.

Last edited:
well she's not a massive rock star and will never be, so she can keep being "mentally healthy" (if that means being boring, unoriginal, sticking to the rules and being a follower, not a leader)

I think she didnt meant to be sound bad or anything,
some of you takes things too seriously

She was just stating how much she admires Michael :yes: may be she couldnt explain herself better, we all make mistakes... i mean....we're human

She was making a joke about how most stars (includin herself) have mental health issues (especially in music) whether it be drug/alcohol addictions, depression, love addiction, etc. It's what makes them who they are...

It's a common joke in the industry and nothing to be get uppidy about!

Regarding the bit you're all getting upset over, she's blatantly right - I don't see why that's upsetting, it's true of all geniuses.

However, it is sort of ironic that one of the world's best voices influenced one of the world's worst. She makes me want to chew my ears off.

Oh well, I still stand by what I said. Never liked her.

I'll be the only one "going in for the kill".

So you think Michael had MASSIVE mental problems?????????? I would say more but I'd get banned.

I'm really pissed off.

Aww, posted deleted. Guess it was a bit inappropriate. :innocent:

I'll just say she looks incredibly pretentious and her music makes me want to poke my eyes out with a fork.

LOL I was trying to be nice .. but to be honest
To me her voice is like someone scratching on a black board
with chalk and I just dont care for trance type music.

I really had no opinion of her personally one way or another
untill I read her comments about MJ's KOP status was attributed
to him having serious mental health issues.

That's enough. No more calling La Roux vile names. Its fine not to like her music but no more vile name calling.

She was making a joke about how most stars (includin herself) have mental health issues (especially in music) whether it be drug/alcohol addictions, depression, love addiction, etc. It's what makes them who they are...

It's a common joke in the industry and nothing to be get uppidy about!

A joke ? I don't think so, nothing is free, it's as if you told me that eminem did what he did just for fun without a look for the hurts he made, I don't remember that Michael had laughed. She should just have a little respect for him, she's just at the beginning of her career (perhaps the end too as many others) - Well ... that's my opinion :)

Last edited:
Back