New unseen TII footage + Making of Thriller Vignette

StephluvsMJ

Proud Member
Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' Showstopper in 'This Is It'

Michael Jackson's 'This Is It' concert was designed to thrill in every sense imaginable, from the costumes and set design to the lighting, special effects and, of course, the Grammy-winning music. Coming to DVD and Blu-ray January 26, ET has a look behind the scenes of 'This Is It' with the late King of Pop -- and the 3D "Thriller" spectacular planned for the London concerts!

Link for those unable to see embedded video

"Michael was a big fan of 3D and of classic horror films, and in appreciation of that, he thought it would be fun to do a 3D 'Thriller,'" says director Kenny Ortega. "18,000 people a night were going to put on their 3D glasses and have a three-dimensional 'Thriller' experience.

"He was in charge, like an old-fashioned entertainer," continues Ortega. "Technology didn't run the show, Michael ran the show, and when he stopped, you watched and you held your breath, and that's what made Michael Jackson Michael Jackson on stage, and why he was different than anyone else that you went to see in concert."

Source

Last edited:
Wow, the concerts were going to be amazing, something we've never seen before. Michael looked so excited during that video, almost like he couldn't wait until the opening show.

Wow, the concerts were going to be amazing, something we've never seen before. Michael looked so excited during that video, almost like he couldn't wait until the opening show.

Yes, this would've definitely been the most awesome and spectacular concert ever!... :(

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i miss him even more :(

:bugeyed AMAZING! I must get this! He looked soo cute when he was just sitting there smiling like a fan.:wub: Still, I miss him sooo much! It hurts..:cry:. Why did Michael have to go?

Is there footage in this video link that will be on the blu-ray??? If so I don't wanna watch.

It's so nice seeing him laugh and smile... Although it's completely heartbreaking at the same time knowing how incredible the show would've been.

This is one of my favourite bits about the exhibition as they show the Thriller video. I just wish they made it bigger and gave everyone 3D glasses as its on quite a small screen. It really is amazing and the dolls that come down from the ceiling are HUGE! How I'd give anything for Michael to have performed this just once.

Thanks for posting, but the video doesn't work for me :(

Thank you for sharing!! But the video doesn´t work for me too :(

EDIT: Nevermind.. it´s working now :)

Last edited:
omg he looked so happy :cry: it's not fair
i can't believe I should of seen this live.. it would of been the best day EVER.
:cry:

^ So do I!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Thanks for posting!! So sad that he didn't make it to perform this show.. It would be amazing!!!!!!!! So unfair... :cry:

Michael looks soo happy! I wish with everything that he could have done this! Thanks 4 posting.

Back