MJ Concert Experiences

This Is It

Proud Member
There must be a thread about this, but who here has seen MJ live (performing) and how many times?

I am only young and had tickets for TII - that would've been my first experience of MJ live, but it wasn't to be. My (incredibly lucky) neighbour won tickets to the Bad Tour show at Wembley. He said the bass during Smooth Criminal was electrifying, and Mike's dancing and vocals were spine-tingling.

But if you did see him live, please share your experiences - where was it and what was it like? Were you standing at the back for Bad Tour Wembley? How awesome was the Victory Tour? How load was the toaster jump explosion? Did you queue for days for MSG tickets? Were you caught on camera fainting at the Bucharest show? Were you a HIStory YANA girl? Did you catch his Billie Jean fedora? Were you there when his glasses flew off during Jam in Mexico?

I look forward to your responses.

L.O.V.E.

Last edited:
:no:

:cry:

I never had the opportunity to see MJ ever.

But my high school friend (who has money) did get to see the BAD concert 2 times (I'm 38, so that was 1988-1989 & enter raging jealousy here).

She said TO THIS DAY, it was the most religious experience she's had.

I remember her walking in to school wearing the T-shirts and I was heartbroken that I could never afford the tickets.

Her cousin worked at the venue where it was held & got her tickets.

She never asked me, knowing I was a HUGE HUGE fan.

Oh well, so much for high school in the 1980s.

I did get to see Duran Duran (LOVE THEM), Sting, Lenny Kravitz, New Order, the Sugarcubes (Bjork), and the Cure later on - when money was better.

Ever since I was little I was telling everybody that the only concert that is worth to go is MJs. Unfortunately I didn't make it because he never visited my country.:boohoo But recently a familiar person to me from USA told me that he had seen him back in the 80s on Victory tour and he was more than great!!!

Are there fans out there or here in the forum that have gone on all these tours? Would not it be wonderful? :wild:

Michael was in Brazil in 1993 with the Dangerous Tour, but I was only 12 years old and could not go to the show. I was so sad and still get so sad when I remember that. I also bought tickets for 2 shows the TII. Now, my sorrow has increased... :(

I've never seen Michael live....I don't think he's been to Canada since the Victory tour, I believe, in Toronto...

I would love to hear some stories, even though hearing them make me SO jealous! lol

Please guys - we know some of you lucky MJJC-ers have seen him live! Any experiences?

I've seen him 7 times on the HIStory Tour + MJ & friends in Munich. The HIStory Tour was the time of my life! The Summer of 97, I'll never forget it! It was so exciting! Though my first concert was in Prague 96, it was when Michael came to Germany that the real magic started. Every other week a new concert...God, I miss the time! My friends and me had so much fun. Although it was always exhausting waiting from early in the morning til they let us in in the afternoon, then running towards the stage, then waiting again in the shoving... but it was always so worth it! I have special memories of each concert, not only personal ones but also little things that were different each time. Like Michael trying to jump on a brush when some stage-person cleaned the stage, him waving enthusiastically and shouting Hello to a zeppelin which flew above stage, of course the little bug scene when he called Wayne to get it (the one that is included in the Munich broadcast but which actually happened in Leipzig)... and of course when the Tivoli marching band surprised Michael in Copenhagen on his birthday and the whole stadium sang Happy Birthday to him.
I could swell in the memories all day... :( If you have any specific questions, just ask me. :)

I've seen him 7 times on the HIStory Tour + MJ & friends in Munich. The HIStory Tour was the time of my life! The Summer of 97, I'll never forget it! It was so exciting! Though my first concert was in Prague 96, it was when Michael came to Germany that the real magic started. Every other week a new concert...God, I miss the time! My friends and me had so much fun. Although it was always exhausting waiting from early in the morning til they let us in in the afternoon, then running towards the stage, then waiting again in the shoving... but it was always so worth it! I have special memories of each concert, not only personal ones but also little things that were different each time. Like Michael trying to jump on a brush when some stage-person cleaned the stage, him waving enthusiastically and shouting Hello to a zeppelin which flew above stage, of course the little bug scene when he called Wayne to get it (the one that is included in the Munich broadcast but which actually happened in Leipzig)... and of course when the Tivoli marching band surprised Michael in Copenhagen on his birthday and the whole stadium sang Happy Birthday to him.
I could swell in the memories all day... :( If you have any specific questions, just ask me. :)

Ich beneide dich darum!!!!!!!!!!!:excited:

I saw him on his bad tour was the best ever i was going to see this is it too in september 21

:no:

:cry:

I never had the opportunity to see MJ ever.

But my high school friend (who has money) did get to see the BAD concert 2 times (I'm 38, so that was 1988-1989 & enter raging jealousy here).

She said TO THIS DAY, it was the most religious experience she's had.

I remember her walking in to school wearing the T-shirts and I was heartbroken that I could never afford the tickets.

Her cousin worked at the venue where it was held & got her tickets.

She never asked me, knowing I was a HUGE HUGE fan.

Oh well, so much for high school in the 1980s.

I did get to see Duran Duran (LOVE THEM), Sting, Lenny Kravitz, New Order, the Sugarcubes (Bjork), and the Cure later on - when money was better.

:eek: You've seen Sting?!? :punk: My mum saw him at Cornish Leisure World (her dad owned it) years ago, along with the Rolling Stones, George Michael and many others.

I'm really sad that I never got to see Michael perform live - I would have seen TII twice over the 6 months that he was performing :( I still can't believe that it's not happening! :( It was so...sudden, and so final :cry:

Thank you for this! How amazing. How far did you travel for all the shows? Did you get right up the front for them? I love that bug moment! haha funny/cute :)

Ich beneide dich darum!!!!!!!!!!!:excited:
Ich auch :D

I remember the summer of '97 very well. It was really great time :wub:
HIStory concert at August 10th with 85,000 ppl. in the Waldstation in Hockenheim (near Mannheim) - nearly 40°C!
I cannot really explain my whole impressions and feelings: enthusiastic, fantastic, gigantic, overwhelming ..
This day was the best day, THE day of my life!

I cannot remember this time without crying .. it will never come back! :(

I feel like one of my biggest regrets/disappointments in life is not being able to see Michael Jackson live. It absolutely kills knowing the chance will never come.......

My biggest regret is having had a chance to experience an MJ concert, but not remembering a thing about it. I was three years old at the time you see, and it was during the Dangerous Tour in Singapore. Unfortunately, the only thing I can remember are the pepsi advertisements, and the long wait for something to happen. Now I can only talk about it through my brothers' and parents' experience.

We really weren't that much of fans of Michael at the time. But since we heard he was coming to Singapore, and one of my brothers was crazy about him, we decided to go for his concert.

All I can remember is just waiting...and waiting, just for something to happen. Unfortunately, the concert never began on that day, as Michael had suffered from migraine and collapsed backstage. It was very disappointing for all of us when they finally announced it, and that the concert had to be postponed.

The rest I can describe is now based on what my brothers have said.

During the concert (while changing out of costumes or in-between songs), Michael used to say to the crowd, "I love you!" And sometimes he would ask the audience, "Do you love me?", to which everyone will just shout back, "We love you, Michael!". Might seem typical of crowd reactions in an MJ concert, but honestly, I don't think us Singaporeans are the type to do that. Normally, we're just dead silent, not really much of an energetic crowd to feed off from. Till now, my brother still doesn't know why he shouted out, "I love you"s with the rest of the crowd, but it made him feel good to say it (no matter how embarrassing it may be now).

Another tidbit he mentioned was that Michael's decoy walked right past him. Or at least, he thinks the person was a decoy, could have been the real deal, but my father insisted that the person was a decoy. That's all I can get out of them for the moment, if it means anything.

I always thanked and now thank God again that I saw Michael live!

I saw Michael twice during History Tour: in Moscow 1996 and in Tallinn (Estonia) 1997.. and now I can say that my trip to Estonia being just a teenager that time was definitely worth it! However, now I regret I didn't see him in Moscow in 1993 during Dangerous Tour but that time I was younger than the teenager so my parents would not let me go anyway.. especially taking into consideration that there were turbulent times within Russian political state.. it was a little dangerous just to walk somewhere not saying of Michael's visit to Moscow - the coming of such a star was the great event of the year to Russia!

As for Moscow History concert - I regret we dont have it in video of a good quality (at least as I know) and unfortunately the organizers couldn't arrange everything right for the fans so we even didn't have so-called fan's section just after the stage.. :( It was my first live concert of such a level and I was just happy but crying hard when it was over.. :( Also I saw him traditionaly near the hotel greeting us and on the Red Square (center of Moscow) trying to walk along the line of fans.. but unsuccessfully :( a few fans had run to him and his security took Michael to his car. Then he climped to the roof of his Ford minivan and he started to give autographs.. I will never forget when his eyes stopped at me for a moment.. it was a pity only that he was wearing a mask then.. and I couldn't see the whole his beautiful face..

As for Tallinn, he didn't stay there in any hotel.. he just flew there in helicopter and gave the concert which was a great show as usual!

Please, ask me anything you would like to know.

You guys are too lucky - especially *Completly dry*! Thanks for letting us ask questions - I'll think of some and report back...

Aw, thanks for sharing your experiences with us everyone :)

I was really looking forward to seeing MJ at the TII concert. It would of been my first ever concert and judging by the experiences of you guys (& the film) it would of been something I would of never forgotten.

I feel like one of my biggest regrets/disappointments in life is not being able to see Michael Jackson live. It absolutely kills knowing the chance will never come.......

I feel the same....

4 times during the history tour twice in n.y for the MSG shows and wma if u want to count that.greatest feelings in the word

I saw him twice during HIStory tour. The first one was in Moscow, I barely remember the concert, it was a dream come true and I guess my mind just went blank. I remember getting to the stadium, waiting there for Michael and going home after the show, but not the show itself. Thankfully, I saw him near the hotel in Moscow as well, and that is something I will never ever forget. And the second time was in Talinn in 1997. I was in the front row (had to come to the stadium at 6 am to get that place) and it was the most amazing experience I ever had.

just the uk ones. once at sheffield three times at wembley. basically all the uk shows. would have travelled if i had a passport and money but was only around 18 then

all of you who have seen Michael live, even just once....You have no idea how lucky you are...well, maybe you do...

yeah ive seen alot of things over the years spent many hours outside hotels lol but tbh now it seems such along time ago its like a vague memory like another lifetime when u think of being at the shows. u remmeber bits of it but other parts its like u were never there.

all of you who have seen Michael live, even just once....You have no idea how lucky you are...well, maybe you do...

my heart breaks even more for u guys who were gonna see him for the first time.it was exciting enough for me seeing him perform again after 8 years let alone seeing him for the first

ok, can somebody please explain to me who "wayne" is? I heard mj say his name on stage in the bug video, and i read it in almost EVERY fanfic. who is the guy? are there any pictures of him?

ok, can somebody please explain to me who "wayne" is? I heard mj say his name on stage in the bug video, and i read it in almost EVERY fanfic. who is the guy? are there any pictures of him?

I'm not 100% sure but going by the bug video, I'm presuming his bodyguard. Can anyone back me up on this?

Back