The magic of Disney - parks, movies, characters, etc.

Bee

Proud Member
So, I thought it might be fun to share some words about Disney! Either the magical Disneyparks, the characters, the movies, or the thoughts of Disney, stories about Walt.....whatever you name it, share it here.

Little thought about my love for Disney; started very early..could be sitting houuuuurs to watch those amazing movies over again. The Lion King still gets me in tears nowadays, haha. Further I always loved Pocahontas, I so badly wanted to be like her...one with the nature. Oh god and just all those other example-like woman characters.
Just gotta love it....and the thoughts of Walt...how he really let that magic come true in the parks.....could go on for hours. ;D

For next year I'm busy arranging an graduation internship at one of the departments of Disney in California, USA. I hope that will all work out, it's quite difficult to get there so I hope I am good enough.

Something I drew (digital) yesterday:

4156724408_fcfe5674a2.jpg

Your drawing's adorable, Mrs. Music. :)
Come to think of it, the first movie I ever saw at a cinema was Beauty and the Beast back in 1992...

Your drawing's adorable, Mrs. Music. :)
Come to think of it, the first movie I ever saw at a cinema was Beauty and the Beast back in 1992...
Thankyou! :) It's actually my first digital drawing, haha!

I can't remember which movie I saw in the cinema for the first time - but no doubt that was a Disney one. ;D
Beauty and The Beast got me scared as a little kid when I saw it actually..haha.
But the message of that movie is so sweet!

So, I thought it might be fun to share some words about Disney! Either the magical Disneyparks, the characters, the movies, or the thoughts of Disney, stories about Walt.....whatever you name it, share it here.

Little thought about my love for Disney; started very early..could be sitting houuuuurs to watch those amazing movies over again. The Lion King still gets me in tears nowadays, haha. Further I always loved Pocahontas, I so badly wanted to be like her...one with the nature. Oh god and just all those other example-like woman characters.
Just gotta love it....and the thoughts of Walt...how he really let that magic come true in the parks.....could go on for hours. ;D

For next year I'm busy arranging an graduation internship at one of the departments of Disney in California, USA. I hope that will all work out, it's quite difficult to get there so I hope I am good enough.

Something I drew (digital) yesterday:

4156724408_fcfe5674a2.jpg

First off, all the best on getting an internship!!! I really hope that works out for you. I love your digital drawing. :)

I loooove Disney. "The Lion King" especially. That was the first Disney movie I seen in theaters. (I was seven years old.) I'm also a fan of Donald Duck. I think he's my favorite Disney character. He reminds me of myself....with his temper and all. ;) LOL!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing "The Princess and the Frog". Tiana is sooo cute! I was gushing over the Tiana dolls and "The Princess and the Frog" merchandise at Wal*Mart today. :D A lot of cute stuff.

I wish you all the luck! x

I've always wanted to go to DisneyLand /World but my parents have never been able to afford the holiday. Hopefully if I land the right job, I'll be taking them!!!

I love Walter Disney. I had a big infatuation with Disneyland up until this one time when one of the park workers yelled at me "I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE HERE AGAIN!" because I accidentally bumped my best friend in those corvette looking cars in Autopia. He was in front and while he was getting out of the car and the man was helping him, I accidentally stepped on the gas and it bumped the car (but not that hard). :( I was 11 years old by the way. :cheeky:
I went home thinking "wow......" :(. It was embarrassing because everyone in line got quiet as I walked away and my best friend was smiling thinking it was funny. heh..
I'll never forget that.

It really put a damper on my love for Disneyland itself...the happiest place on earth. yeah right. :smilerolleyes:
I'm 31 now, and I actually regained interest in Walter's dream again.
But all in the name of Walter Disney who probably would have fired that guy on the spot for yelling at a kid even after I said I was sorry. :doh:

I used to collect everything Disney before and absolutely adored The Lion King and Aladdin! My only two favorite Disney produced films.
I love Mickey Mouse too. Mickey and the Bean stock was my favorite short.
Oh and I loved Dick Tracy! They had this cool show in Disneyland based on the movie. God, I wanted the toys sooo bad. lol.
Disney merch is the best! Especially the toys.

But oh so expensive. lol. :2cents:

Well, goodluck! I hope you can bring a wonderful energy to Disney. :clapping:
Give us some discounts when you break in, for season passes eh?? eh?? :cheeky::D:cheers: :tease:

Disney is magical, like Michael!
I went there twice... one in 1996 and other in 1997...
A dream come true, love the rides there!!
Everything!!!

Great photo. the words are great.
hm, i remember i went to Disney World when i turned 14, who wouldn't want their birthday at Disney World? i think i need to plan that again, but it will be nice as an adult this time around! holllaaaaa
i remember that gorgeous Florida weather hit me like a ton of clouds in heaven. you know the movies are great, but, it was finally nice to go and see the theme park. i think i rode the tower of terror a million times, and i was obsessed with making myself dizzy on the tea cups.
but, one memory that sticks out about Disney is my obsession with Ariel when i was even younger. i wanted to be a mermaid real bad as a little kid, other girls wanted to be pretty princesses, and i wanted a fin and live in the ocean and have wet hair all the time. =/
but, i still think til this day Aurura is the most gorgeous princess. that face up close when shes sleeping and then opens up her eyes...awww. Cinderella got nothing on Ms. Sleeping beauty! i cant believe that movie came out in the 50's.
i never bothered to realize how much years these movies are spaced out when i was a kid. snow white is from the 30's wow. ariel from the 80's, geez! (and no wonder i was obsessed with ariel) . what an amazing history, the movies, cartoons, the theme park. Walt Disney created happiness for children and childlike adults.
if your feeling down go to disney world/land! hahaa so many jobs to choose from im assuming. i always wanted to work as a princess there. heh
Good luck with your internship Mrs. Music! Great choice.

Thanks everyone for the good luck wishes & the compliments..so sweet! :hug:
I'm really looking forward to seeing "The Princess and the Frog". Tiana is sooo cute! I was gushing over the Tiana dolls and "The Princess and the Frog" merchandise at Wal*Mart today. :D A lot of cute stuff.
Ooh yeah I'm so curious of what it will be like! I never noticed until I heard of The Princess & The Frog that they didn't have black characters....but Pocahontas was 'foreign' as well, and I'm as blond and white as can be but still thought of her as my favourite example, so now getting in a black princess can only be good for banning out the whole races-thing. :)

And the merchandise, seriously...we got Snowwhite stuffed animals here now in a supermarket....I almost can't resist buying all the 7 dwarfs, haha.

I love Walter Disney. I had a big infatuation with Disneyland up until this one time when one of the park workers yelled at me "I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE HERE AGAIN!" because I accidentally bumped my best friend in those corvette looking cars in Autopia. He was in front and while he was getting out of the car and the man was helping him, I accidentally stepped on the gas and it bumped the car (but not that hard). :( I was 11 years old by the way. :cheeky:
I went home thinking "wow......" :(. It was embarrassing because everyone in line got quiet as I walked away and my best friend was smiling thinking it was funny. heh..
I'll never forget that.

It really put a damper on my love for Disneyland itself...the happiest place on earth. yeah right. :smilerolleyes:
Well, goodluck! I hope you can bring a wonderful energy to Disney. :clapping:
Give us some discounts when you break in, for season passes eh?? eh?? :cheeky::D:cheers: :tease:
Ohmygod! Haha sorry I can't help but laugh...but I totally understand how you must felt. That stupid park worker, like seriously...these kind of people can truly ruin youre feelings of memories about things. I remember once getting into a store, not Disney-related, and there was this ring when you entered the door...so I kept on running in and out, until this bitchy woman ran after me and told me to get the hell out and stop it.:bugeyed
I mean, I never ever ever went or gonna get in that store again! My whole mind about that type of store is f*cked up now, hahaha. People just don't know how they can affect innocent children like this...:mello:

Haha, I actually don't even know if I would get discounts since I really need to work at the offices (imagineering departments) you know...but maybe I'll get scoops for you! LOL! ;D

Great photo. the words are great.
hm, i remember i went to Disney World when i turned 14, who wouldn't want their birthday at Disney World? i think i need to plan that again, but it will be nice as an adult this time around! holllaaaaa
i remember that gorgeous Florida weather hit me like a ton of clouds in heaven. you know the movies are great, but, it was finally nice to go and see the theme park. i think i rode the tower of terror a million times, and i was obsessed with making myself dizzy on the tea cups.
but, one memory that sticks out about Disney is my obsession with Ariel when i was even younger. i wanted to be a mermaid real bad as a little kid, other girls wanted to be pretty princesses, and i wanted a fin and live in the ocean and have wet hair all the time. =/
but, i still think til this day Aurura is the most gorgeous princess. that face up close when shes sleeping and then opens up her eyes...awww. Cinderella got nothing on Ms. Sleeping beauty! i cant believe that movie came out in the 50's.
i never bothered to realize how much years these movies are spaced out when i was a kid. snow white is from the 30's wow. ariel from the 80's, geez! (and no wonder i was obsessed with ariel) . what an amazing history, the movies, cartoons, the theme park. Walt Disney created happiness for children and childlike adults.
if your feeling down go to disney world/land! hahaa so many jobs to choose from im assuming. i always wanted to work as a princess there. heh
Good luck with your internship Mrs. Music! Great choice.
How cute that you got to spend your birthday in Disney World! I've only been to Disneyland Paris once, when I was 10.....I soooooooo badly wanna go there again, or just any other park. I'm 20 now and still longing to it like a little kid or sth....LOL.

Snowwhite is really from the 30's?! Gee! I actually didn't pay attention to how old the stories are...gotta search that up sometime soon.

Workin' at Disney as a princess.....how lovely would that be yeah! :wub:

Oh I lovee Disney movies!!! They still make me cry, too, Lion King, Bambi.. :cry:
I'm planning a trip to Disneyland Paris with my friends. I'm so excited about it I hope it works out!

I didn't know that Walt Disney was actually the name of the founder until few years ago, lol :D

I love Disney.

Went to Eurodisney in the year 2000, we stayed at the disney hotel at the park itself.
We'll be going again this months, with our 3 kids this time...
Its gonna be wonderful i think, especially at christmas time.
Michael loved that park, thats going to be difficult for me now.

I love Disney :) I was scared in beauty and the beast as well as a kid haha.
My favourite was/is the little mermaid :)

Oh I wanna see the princess and the frog too!

Mrs.Music if you get an internship what will you be doing there?

I know someone who is being hired there to be a performer/character. How kool!

Last edited:
Mrs.Music if you get an internship what will you be doing there?

I know someone who is being hired there to be a performer/character. How kool!
Oh that is awesome!

If I'm getting there what I'll probably going to do is something within the imagineering departments, like...in the designing/concepting/interactive stuff...so really work behind the curtains of the magic as you can say.:)

I LOVE Disney..

I've yet to visit any of the theme parks though. One day I will. I don't think you can ever be to old to enjoy the magic of DISNEY.

Beauty and The beast was my favorite as a child.. I saw it in theaters more then once, and I remember my aunt took me to go see it on Disney on ICE. Which was such a fun experience. I kind of got a laugh at a "BLOOPER" during it though. The young boy who was acting as Chip fell on the ice. And the older actors had to help him up - you could tell he was embarrassed. And I remember thinking, hmm. I wonder if thats how he got his chip.

Funny, I just noticed it's Walt Disney's birthday today!
He would've been 108! Hooray for Walt! :clapping:

I love Disney big time. I'm fortunate enough to live only 20 minutes away from Disneyland. Been going there since I was two years old and have been getting an annual pass every year since I was 12. Captain Eo was actually one of the things that started my love for Michael. That show was amazing and I'm happy Disneyland is deciding to bring it back. Disneyland really is like a second home to me. I can't imagine not going there.

As for Walt himself, well I greatly admire the man, as much as Michael did. There was a period where I actually wanted to be him (I wanted to be the next Disney), and get into animation. Of course now things are different and I don't think it would have been right for me.

And I love Disney movies, the classic ones. They'll never get old to me. I can't wait to see The Princess and The Frog. :D

I love Disney and I was at Disneyland Paris when MJ visited it in 1994, and I went to see Captain EO. This one plus the Indiana Jones mountain and space mountain and Peter Pan atttractions were the best... I love Peter Pan and Pinochio characters, they are my favorites. :)

Unfortuantely you guys are talking about old Disney. New Disney is what you really won't like. Cough* Miley Cyrus*Cough

ooooh great thread! :D Good luck on your internship, Ms.Music. Your drawing is awesome! Great job. :)

Anyone else lookin' forward to see The Princess & The Frog?

The Princess & The Frog - "Almost There" (Film Clip)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhLagKspRPY

You just gotta love this! :clapping:

I'm looking forward to seeing it, too. :yes:
btw.. Ne-yo did a really sweet song for the movie, as well.

"Never Knew I Needed"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3EUniyhDKs

As for my fave Disney stuff...

Movie: Beauty and the Beast
Female Heroine: Belle (thus far; Tiana might change that in the new film)
Disney character: Mickey
Ride (tie): Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom) & Soarin' (Epcot)
Souvenier: Mickey Mouse ears (with my name embroidered on the hat)
Event/Show: The fireworks at night over Cinderella's castle and Spectromagic parade
Fave thing to see (tie): Mickey, Cinderella's castle and the Giraffes during safari (Animal Kingdom)
Fave Disney song/music videos (tie):

"If I Never Knew You" (from Pocohantas)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lb8SNvWrJ8

"Beauty and the Beast"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Cvq416zuQ

"Suena" (from the Spanish version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjsephVw2fg

Fave pics taken at DisneyWorld last year:

Walt Disney and Mickey statue in front of Cinderella's Castle (ignore the gaggle of ppl slightly in the way lol)

magickingdomwaltandmick.jpg

Last year, I just happen to be there during MJ's birthday and at Downtown Disney they were playing his music outside one the stores. A group of random kids and adults were doing a line dance one of the Disney employees made up to Blame it on the Boogie. The pic is kinda blurry cuz the place was packed and it was hard get a steady shot. Everyone's hands are in the air for either "blame it on the sunshine" or "blame it on the moonlight". :lol: Can't remember which. Wish I coulda filmed it. Anyway, watching the kids dance to his music there on his bday made me smile for all the reasons I'm sure it would have made you all smile.

downtowndisneyblameiton.jpg

Tree of Life whose roots spanned all over the Animal Kingdom park with images of various animals carved into them.

animalkingdomtreeoflife.jpg

more random pix from the vacation:
http://img709.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=magickingdomentrance2.jpg

My fave piece of wisdom from Walt Disney: I don't have a direct quote right now but I remember reading about him many many years ago and he said something about how his earlier films were criticized for being too short and that he thought it was better to have something end too quickly, leaving ppl wanting more (and coming back to see his films again and again) than to have something that drug on, leaving ppl to wonder WHEN it was going to end (and never returning). That stuck with me becuz it made perfect sense that sometimes you can have too much of a good thing. The trick is knowing how much is enuf to make a big impression yet STILL leave an audience wanting more.

Reactions: Bee
Awesome. :D I LOVE the Jazz Age...the 1920s and all that - so that's another reason why I'm looking forward to this!
Ooh me2! I mean, hear that song....it's so different from what Disney brought out before but also on the other hand it's so Disney! :lol:

ooooh great thread! :D Good luck on your internship, Ms.Music. Your drawing is awesome! Great job. :)
Last year, I just happen to be there during MJ's birthday and at Downtown Disney they were playing his music outside one the stores. A group of random kids and adults were doing a line dance one of the Disney employees made up to Blame it on the Boogie. The pic is kinda blurry cuz the place was packed and it was hard get a steady shot. Everyone's hands are in the air for either "blame it on the sunshine" or "blame it on the moonlight". :lol: Can't remember which. Wish I coulda filmed it. Anyway, watching the kids dance to his music there on his bday made me smile for all the reasons I'm sure it would have made you all smile.
Thank you so much!
Oh how awesome that they did that....thanks for sharing!
And love your faves-list, good idea! :)

I love old style Disney.. it just represents everything magical and wonderful :wub:

I love Walter Disney. I had a big infatuation with Disneyland up until this one time when one of the park workers yelled at me "I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE HERE AGAIN!"

Wow. Really? I thought those guys had strict rules on how to act. I was thinking about working at Disney this summer on one of their special schemes they have, but decided against it...because MJ was supposed to be coming here to London and I could not miss that. Anyway, yeh, I read a lot of their information and its all about how you have to smile all the time and act a certain way when you're 'on stage', so that happening to you is a surprise!

I can't embed but I LOVE this stuff -

Disney's Fantasia -

The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yg1hsvgNkg

The Sorcerers's Apprentice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Rfriax4DY

My favourite Disney movie was Pocahontas! Second favourite - Lady and The Tramp. Third favourite - Snow White... Fourth favourite - Pinocchio..

...actually I've just realised I love them all. Dumbo, Bambi, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid.. etc. etc.

Disney = AMAZING. Magical.

Last edited:
(traditional) Disney is my all time favouite! :D

& I love how they branched away from the fairy tales (though they are my favourites) but Mulan, Pocahontas & Brother Bear (hehe) I love their interpretation of these things because they always have some form of magic or spirit in them.

Anyone else lookin' forward to see The Princess & The Frog?

The Princess & The Frog - "Almost There" (Film Clip)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhLagKspRPY

You just gotta love this! :clapping:

I have been waiting for this for over a year!!!
I cant wait to see it & I am really disappointed that we get this movie 2 weeks after everyone else! soooo excited hehe
Is this there first 2D animation since 2002 or something? I cant remember.

Disney characters scare me, they seem so...fake. I don't know how to explain it, it's similar to being afraid of clowns...is it wrong to be scared of Mickey Mouse?

I love old style Disney.. it just represents everything magical and wonderful :wub:

Wow. Really? I thought those guys had strict rules on how to act. I was thinking about working at Disney this summer on one of their special schemes they have, but decided against it...because MJ was supposed to be coming here to London and I could not miss that. Anyway, yeh, I read a lot of their information and its all about how you have to smile all the time and act a certain way when you're 'on stage', so that happening to you is a surprise!

Hehehe yes really. I'm being honest about that. And I agree. I felt the same about their rules. But I don't know what it was... Maybe he just didn't like my face. :(

Anyways, that was a lonnnng time ago. I was a kid. I still like Disneyland. Actually, I like it a whole lot. I wont let one man ruin that for me.

I've been wanting to go to Disneyland for quite some time now. But I don't have anyone to go with. Its no fun to go to Disneyland with a group of cynical people. Always complaining about everything. Not wanting to get on certain rides because its toooo kiddy for them.
I want to go with someone who still believes in magic that is Walter's dream.
I lovvve Tomorrowland. My favorite. :) And I always used to dream about hopping on the pirate ship in the Peter Pan ride! God, I seriously had dreams about it as a kid. When I finally got on it, it was sooo cool. I was peeking through the sides haha\ of the ship, looking below the tiny little pirate ship.

I'd take plenty of money too hahahaha. So expensive. But damn it, I know I MUST come back with a Mickey doll. MUST!. :lol:

Great pictures BTW! Looks great!:)

Disney characters scare me, they seem so...fake. I don't know how to explain it, it's similar to being afraid of clowns...is it wrong to be scared of Mickey Mouse?

You have every reason to be scared. Disney characters are known to bite. Especially Mickey. He loves biting tourists. lol. :p

Back