Joe Jackson seeks allowance from son's estate

Erikmjfan

Proud Member
Joe Jackson Wants Money from MJ's Estate

Joe Jackson claims there was "no justification" for him to be excluded from getting money from Michael Jackson's estate ... and now he's asking a judge to grant him his own monthly allowance.

Joe just filed papers in L.A. County Superior Court, claiming he's "entitled to his own independent family allowance."

Story developing...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0W7I4cxRh

a new low has been reached....

-----------------

Joe Jackson seeks allowance from son's estate
Fri Nov 6, 2009 7:55pm EST

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Joe Jackson, the elderly father of late pop star Michael Jackson, on Friday filed a court petition seeking an allowance from the singer's estate, saying his son had supported him for many years.

The legal filing in Los Angeles Superior Court, claims Michael Jackson's estate has earned an estimated $100 million since the singer's sudden death on June 25, and administrators expect it to earn $100 million more by the end of the year.

The filing claims Joe Jackson, who suffers from diabetes, was supported by Michael Jackson before his sudden death through payments made to the singer's mother and Joe Jackson's wife, Katherine Jackson, which were passed on to Joe Jackson.

Joe Jackson says his expenses exceed $20,000 per month, but his income from U.S. Social Security is a mere $1,700.

"Mr. Jackson's circumstances require a family allowance because he is 81 years old and Michael Jackson supported him in the same manner as his wife, Katherine Jackson, who was Michael's mother and who the court granted a family allowance on October 2," says the petition.

Michael Jackson, known as the King of Pop for his chart-topping record career, died of a drug overdose on June 25 at age 50 in Los Angeles only weeks before he was to have begun a series of comeback concerts in London.

Since then, a movie about the singer has taken in $144 million at global box offices. Sales of his old records have seen a resurgence, and this past week the soundtrack for "This Is It" topped U.S. record charts with sales of 373,000 copies.

In his will, Michael Jackson left his estate to a family trust benefiting his three children, mother and charities.

When the estate's administrators sought court approval for an allowance to help Katherine Jackson pay her expenses, they excluded Joe Jackson "without cause and for no apparent reason," according to the petition filed on Friday.

A declaration accompanying the filing states that in the early 2000s, Michael Jackson paid Katherine Jackson roughly $50,000 a month and that amount grew to $66,000 per month later this decade.

The declaration claims Michael Jackson knew some of that money was passed along to Joe Jackson to help him pay his expenses, and the suit says those payments have now stopped.

http://www.reuters.com/article/ente...91107?feedType=RSS&feedName=entertainmentNews

Last edited:
Re: Joe Jackson Wants Money from MJ's Estate

tough Shit Joe! If Michael wanted you to have HIS Money he would have made you apart of the Will

hes a greedy old man who never loved Michael except for his Money.

Im sorry but its True.

I can't believe Joe... shame on him.

i have no words. what part of your not in the will dont you get. i hope this is a joke

update:

Joe claims Michael's estate has "earned more than $100 million dollars in the first seven (7) weeks following Michael Jackson's death" and is "well able to afford a family allowance for Joe Jackson."

Joe says he has $15,425 in total monthly expenses, including the following:

-- $2,500 eating out
-- $2,000 in air travel
-- $3,000 in hotel bills
-- $1,000 in groceries
-- $1,200 in rent
-- $50 in charitable contributions

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/06/joe-j...hael-jacksons-estate/2#comments#ixzz0W7KXqxJn

Re: Scumbag sues his own sons estate

This is just not right... Poor Michael :cry:

Joe says he has $15,425 in total monthly expenses, including the following:

-- $2,500 eating out
-- $2,000 in air travel
-- $3,000 in hotel bills
-- $1,000 in groceries
-- $1,200 in rent
-- $50 in charitable contributions

This man is quite the humanitarian. How generous of him. -_-

Surely Joe has no legal standing? He was not in the will, so he's not entitled to anything.

I can only be grateful that Michael Jackson did have a will, and that he specifically forbade certain individuals from getting a stake in his assets for obvious reasons. That is all I have to say... :no:

Joe Jackson done went and lost his ever-loving mind.

I really don't think that a person can just ask a Judge to grant them monies that was not allotted for said person in the beginning.

If that's that case, (for example) then the ENTIRE family can ask for an "allowance."

And I also find it interesting, that Joe has been flying here and there, talking to this one and that one. I would have thought that he was out there making money from all of those appearances.

Joe needs to listen to Katherine and "go to bed, Joseph just go to bed!"

Last edited:

It's a little late for April Fools jokes, innit?

Surely, he can't be serious..........right???? :unsure:

This has to be someone's idea of a bad joke.

OMG this man is crazy :doh:

this guy is really pathetic he never love his son he only loves money
this so call family must stay far away from the estate

Urgh, what on earth is he thinking? MJ didn't want you to have his money,that's for his babies and charities-people way more deserving that Joe.

Oh shyt! All hell has broke loose!

WTG Joe. . . if Mike's own family gets in line, then here comes the cook, the maid, the dogwalker all making claims that Mike owes them some money.

Does he really travel that much in a month and eat that much food?!?!

If I was Rebbie, Jackie, Tito, Marlon or Janet, I'd be on the phone and say 'STFU, DAD!!!'

ETA: I am from a culture that automatically takes care of their parents when they are senior citizens, so I expect to when that happens. But Joe has 8 other children who are alive. . . they can take care of him. Janet can take care of him. Why does he have to do something like this right now?

Last edited:

Wow, how shameful.

"He's worth more dead than alive."

Only someone as heartless as Joe could say something like that, even the fans rather have Michael here on Earth, but to Joe Michael's only worth is that which equals dollars.

Probably not wise to do this at this time.

Just to be clear though he is not suing the estate. He is an original petitioner along with Katherine on the probate of the estate on 27 June. He is petitioning (requesting) an allowance which is much different than a lawsuit.

Back