Project for Michael's Family

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Hey guys I'm doing a project as it says for Michael's family. I'm definately going to need your help with it.

There's going to be a lot of information posted here so let me know if anything sounds weird. I'm typing fast.

I have decided to get a package together for the family from Michael's fans all over the world.

For Paris I am making a very large handmade teddy bear and am going to get some stationary/journal type things for her (paper, notepad, pencils, envelops, journal, etc...)

For Prince I am going to get a package together of a lot of different comic books and a drawing book with colored pencils.

For Blanket I am going to get a few different kinds of lego sets and some action figures.

For Katherine we can make a digital frame with pictures of fans from around the world all doing what we have always loved to do honor Michael. An expression of our love for Michael.

For the family as a whole I want to put together a book, not of condolences, but a book of hope and inspiration. I want a positive enjoyable read filled with poetry, thoughts, expressions and artwork.

So, that will be our package to Michael's family. I'm going to need a lot of help getting it all together.

*I'll need pictures for the digital frame anything showing the good times and our love. If there's a lot then not all will be used but it will give us more to choose from. Not sure how many a digital frame will hold yet.

*I'll need poetry, stories, thoughts and lots of artwork. All positive and full of strength and inspriation. You guys are extremely talented and I know this can be amazing. I'll create another thread in the MJJCommunity Discussion section for all these to be placed.

Here's the link for submissions and photos http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2015316#post2015316

*I'll also need donations to help purchase the other items like the legos, the frame and the cost of making the book. What actual items and how many are purchased will depend on the amount I have to work with. I've already purchased everything for the teddy bear myself and many comic books as well as one lego set but there's more that is needed. Donations can be sent to shannongj@aol.com via paypal if you don't have paypal and want to join in please pm me.

Once we have the package complete it will be delivered directly to the family. Hopefully it will give that little bit of hope and smiles to everyone there.

Thanks in advance for everyones help with this project.

The deadline for submissions and donations will be July 30th.

I am sorry I will not be able to add other items to this project.

That is a wonderful idea, I am liking the fan photo thing too!!!

Erm..this maybe a silly question but do you want pics of us like dressed up in our mj costumes or just plain, or with our memoribilia??

thank you for the project, i will take part!
Do you have an approximately deadline for it?:) (for us to send you the stuff)

That is a fantastic idea. Count me in. Hope the deadline is after 10 August!!!

Great idea Shannon. I'll write something to contribute--a poem perhaps, though it might take a while as I need to travel home to Australia from London in the next few days.

For the pictures they can be anything really get togethers, collections, or just a warm smile. I want the fans represented and our love for Michael shared.

I have to work out a deadline for these as well. Give me a bit on that one. The sooner the better though.

I'm gonna send in some poems and things, I'm gonna see if I can send any pictures.

It's a wonderful idea.

Very great idea Shannon! I'll be sure to join in, sounds awesome. :)

Great idea! I'd love to help. I'm a scrapbooker and have albums I've done of my kids (now teenagers!) and albums I've been commissioned to do for other people. This would be an honour to contribute to something like this.

i'm in!
i can send you picts..i'm good in art
and if the project will send after september,i can make teddy bear from traditional fabric from my country....i can send it to your address.

I love this idea! Is there a deadline? And can we send you anything in the post? I heard Paris is very much into fashion so I'd like to create something...NOT clothing, but something to do with fashion. If I can't send you something in the post, do you know a way I could post it to their home? In the mean time, I'll get writing.

Shouldn't this be made into a 'sticky' so we can all keep up to date and not have to keep searching?

I don't understand what you mean by a 'digital frame' ?

Also, what happened to the thumb print project that was being planned once.. I can't find anything about that, did you send it?

Ok, I'm sticking to the original outline of our package that has been posted. I have been flooded with several requests to add other items made or bought for Michael or handmade things done for him or the kids. I am sorry but I can not possibly add all these items. To accept one means I'd have to accept all and it simply isn't possible.

Please re-read the original post and offer your help in the areas it requires. Deadline for submissions and donations will tentatively be July 30th. Two weeks. Not a lot of time to do artwork, poetry and get pics and donations so please understand I have to adhere to what the original concept includes.

Tries to answer some of the other questions if I missed yours let me know...

Yes, the drawings can be of Michael but remember we want positivity and hope in them as well.

A digital frame is a frame with a type of memory card in it that supports several photographs and they rotate the individual pictures across the inside of the frame.

In the light of events we have chosen not to continue with the finger print project.

I'd love to help with the care package for the kids.
My oldest son is Blanket's age.
So you just want money sent for the gifts? I'm not good at being creative.

Aww, it's ok if you aren't creative in that way:hug: Any help will be greatly appreciated. We do have a lot of things on this list that need purchasing.

Hi Shannon:

I definitely want to contribute something. I'll have a think about what I'll do.

I love this idea! Is there a deadline? And can we send you anything in the post? I heard Paris is very much into fashion so I'd like to create something...NOT clothing, but something to do with fashion. If I can't send you something in the post, do you know a way I could post it to their home? In the mean time, I'll get writing.

i'm a fashion designer. maybe we can work together to make something for Paris. like encourage her to reach her goals if she want to be a fashion designer

Shannon this is wonderful. Thank you so much! I am so in on this. Aww so sweet. :wub:

I wanna draw for them and doing something special but I have many work to do within deadline of July 30 ..will see what I can do

Back