THE MICHAEL JACKSON STORY - huge advance notice

CindyRilla

Proud Member
FINALLY! TVOne has updated their web site on a show I have been longing to see called "THE MICHAEL JACKSON STORY " ever since I saw an ad about it back on July 2nd!

It's so new yet that even TVGUIDE LISTINGS online, my Directv schedule, and my Beyond TV schedule thing has not updated to show that this show is going to play on JULY 26th, 2009.

Even yesterday when I checked TVOne's web site it was not there.. but it is FINALLY there today! So new that even TVONE's own TV Calendar website is NOT updated yet to show they are playing this yet--it is still showing what they originally played back on July 2nd!
TVOne July 26 calendar of shows

I originally caught the ad about "THE MICHAEL JACKSON STORY" back on July 2nd when they played "Remembering The Time: An MJ Video Tribute" See add here below:

Well today (as I do every day) I checked TVOne's web site and they now show that it will indeed play!:wild:

Details on the show:
The Michael Jackson Story

About the Special

TV One presents one of the greatest stories ever, The Michael Jackson Story. Told by those who knew him best including his mother Katherine and singer Gladys Knight, the documentary touches on the rise of Michael Jackson and his obstacles along the way. It was in a small house in Gary, Indiana where Katherine and Joe Jackson discovered that their children had a gift of harmony. As the seventh child of nine, Michael stood out with his stage presence and dance moves. From that small house came an opportunity to audition for Motown’s Barry Gordy and life for the Jacksons would never be the same again. By the ‘70’s, the Jackson 5 were pushing out hit after hit but it was when Michael decided to branch off and attempt a solo career that things blew-up! Michael dropped Off the Wall followed by Thriller and began making history. With milestones that include the Moonwalk at Motown’s 25th anniversary celebration and the release of the Thriller video, which was the first African-American video to appear on MTV, he unquestionably became the King of Pop!
You don’t want to miss one second of The Michael Jackson Story! Watch it as TV One remembers the greatest entertainer of all times.
SOURCE

A snippet video of what is to play.. watch all of it-
AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase','http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0','width','975','height','535','id','b_player','align','middle','src','b_player','quality','high','bgcolor','#ffffff','name','b_player','allowscriptaccess','sameDomain','allowfullscreen','false','pluginspage','http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer','movie','b_player?dynCategory=2&dynLocation=rtmp://flash.streamingmediahosting.com/tvone/r11509' );View this online HERE
(you can also add YOUR comment about this show on the above link too and without having to register- you know I did! I (CamJam) gave thanks to TVOne for this upcoming show)

TVOne's main web site with announcement of "THE MICHAEL JACKSON STORY" found HERE

As soon as my Beyond TV thing and Directv schedule updates to show "THE MICHAEL JACKSON STORY" , I will then grab more more details on this and update you all.

I know this is a HUGE advance notice but did not want any of you to miss out seeing this. I am really looking forward to seeing this (actually EXCITED :wild: ). For me, there are things in this that I've never seen before when I view the Youtube ad I uploaded and their bit of video on this show via their web site.

Last edited:
is this on in the UK, too?

It would be interesting to watch a MJ Doc. produced by BBC.
Ever since LWMJ I lost all my respect for ITV and Granada.
x

is this on in the UK, too?

It would be interesting to watch a MJ Doc. produced by BBC.
Ever since LWMJ I lost all my respect for ITV and Granada.
x

I don't know.. do you have the TVOne channel in the UK?

I plan to record this BOTH times they are playing this show on July 26th to be sure I get it -- just as soon as my TV schedule thing shows it! I will see what I can do to share this if possible (I am still trying to edit and convert the July 2nd video they did that played for 60 minutes) I hope TSCM has this channel. TSCM does excellent recordings and conversions of videos.
At this time, I'm not even sure how long this new show will play.. most likely only 60 minutes but hoping that it is for 120 minutes. :angel:

If I can work this out (editing and conversion etc) , I will even try to post this new show up on my personal web site in a hidden way for MJJC members -I'll try. I don't want to get in trouble. But I know that many people out there do NOT get this channel just like many do NOT get the BET channel. And I don't believe they will have this out on DVD so.... why not?

It is just web site that I PAY for found HERE, but rarely have time to update and use it anymore. I originally only started my one web site for family and close friends when I had time to fart around -- when my twins were still young and before the one twin regressed into autism.

If this turns out to be really good, we will figure out a way to share this with you. (BTW, my husband is from the UK too - came here to marry me back in 2001 then we had our twins in 2003!) :)

Last edited:
ooooh, yay. Thanks!! I have TVone (or however you spell it)
I remember a long time ago they showed a half-hour show on the Jacksons and I only caught the end and I've been wanting to see it ever since- but at least this will be coming on.
I would think TVone would only show positive documentaries.. cause their main audience is black ppl and they've always supported MJ- at least from what I've seen..

Anyway- Don't forget to remind us when it's coming on (i always forget stuff i want to watch!) and I'm DEFinitely taping it

If its the BBC one then its around on the torrent sites already and I watched most of it which focused pretty well on his music etc but then it went into the newer style of BBC reporting which has those hired talking heads who do nothing but show up on these programs to add their opinion of crap.

In all I would say 70-80% positive

If its the BBC one then its around on the torrent sites already and I watched most of it which focused pretty well on his music etc but then it went into the newer style of BBC reporting which has those hired talking heads who do nothing but show up on these programs to add their opinion of crap.

In all I would say 70-80% positive

I don't think it's the same as what you are speaking of. I just don't think TVOne would allow "hired talking heads" to speak on this special that is to be shown on their channel. It does not seem their style at all. I guess we'll just have to wait and see..

I don't think it's the same as what you are speaking of. I just don't think TVOne would allow "hired talking heads" to speak on this special that is to be shown on their channel. It does not seem their style at all. I guess we'll just have to wait and see..

Actually I've just watched the trailer and it is the same although at the end of the doc it states it was made by ITV.com!!
It has Jermaine and Latoya as well as some old managers and suzane depasse etc but then spoils it with some Daily mirror editor to add his 'ish but on reflection I'll give it a 90% positive which is more than you can say for many documentaries.

i will kiss the feet of anyone who uploads this...i dont think i have tvone

Actually I've just watched the trailer and it is the same although at the end of the doc it states it was made by ITV.com!!
It has Jermaine and Latoya as well as some old managers and suzane depasse etc but then spoils it with some Daily mirror editor to add his 'ish but on reflection I'll give it a 90% positive which is more than you can say for many documentaries.

Oh man!!! what a rip! We get all the hand me downs .. ie: they play ALL shows OUTSIDE the USA first then MAYBE they get around to playing it here within the USA as NEW. Ticks me off!

I just found what you are talking about HERE

WOW, 4.5 million people viewed this per the article.

Well, I'll see if we can find it on Torrent but will still record the USA version when it plays on TVOne.

It appears to be the A&E special which originally aired several years ago. Extremely positive with comments from the Jackson family and great footage of Michael throughout the years. I actually did upload this special back when it originally aired, and also have the version that aired after he passed away which has a slightly edited format and different end (I could maybe upload that version next week as a slightly higher quality video than the one below).

---

"With unprecedented access to the King of Pop's family, friends, and show business colleagues, this special gives viewers a deeper understanding of Michael Jackson's turbulent life. Interviewees include Jackson's mother, Katherine; siblings LaToya and Jermaine; star maker Suzanne de Passé, who nurtured Jackson's career; Gladys Knight, who discovered him; Smokey Robinson, who mentored him at Motown Records; and personal friend Liza Minnelli, plus others. There'll also be plenty of Michael's music and performance footage to remind viewers what a great talent he was before his eccentric behavior and legal problems overshadowed his career."

640x480 Good Quality Video Download (Split Segments)

AEMJStory.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/files/89532672/Special_-_A_E_-_The_Michael_Jackson_Story_-_01.wmv

http://rapidshare.com/files/90025985/Special_-_A_E_-_The_Michael_Jackson_Story_-_02.wmv

http://rapidshare.com/files/90030176/Special_-_A_E_-_The_Michael_Jackson_Story_-_03.wmv

http://rapidshare.com/files/90265069/Special_-_A_E_-_The_Michael_Jackson_Story_-_04.wmv

http://rapidshare.com/files/90274620/Special_-_A_E_-_The_Michael_Jackson_Story_-_05.wmv

http://rapidshare.com/files/90278729/Special_-_A_E_-_The_Michael_Jackson_Story_-_06.wmv

It appears to be the A&E special which originally aired several years ago. Extremely positive with comments from the Jackson family and great footage of Michael throughout the years. I actually did upload this special back when it originally aired, and also have the version that aired after he passed away which has a slightly edited format and different end (I could maybe upload that version next week as a slightly higher quality video than the one below).

---

"With unprecedented access to the King of Pop's family, friends, and show business colleagues, this special gives viewers a deeper understanding of Michael Jackson's turbulent life. Interviewees include Jackson's mother, Katherine; siblings LaToya and Jermaine; star maker Suzanne de Passé, who nurtured Jackson's career; Gladys Knight, who discovered him; Smokey Robinson, who mentored him at Motown Records; and personal friend Liza Minnelli, plus others. There'll also be plenty of Michael's music and performance footage to remind viewers what a great talent he was before his eccentric behavior and legal problems overshadowed his career."

640x480 Good Quality Video Download (Split Segments)

AEMJStory.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/files/89532672/Special_-_A_E_-_The_Michael_Jackson_Story_-_01.wmv

http://rapidshare.com/files/90025985/Special_-_A_E_-_The_Michael_Jackson_Story_-_02.wmv

http://rapidshare.com/files/90030176/Special_-_A_E_-_The_Michael_Jackson_Story_-_03.wmv

http://rapidshare.com/files/90265069/Special_-_A_E_-_The_Michael_Jackson_Story_-_04.wmv

http://rapidshare.com/files/90274620/Special_-_A_E_-_The_Michael_Jackson_Story_-_05.wmv

http://rapidshare.com/files/90278729/Special_-_A_E_-_The_Michael_Jackson_Story_-_06.wmv
Thanx so much!!! xox

Oh thank you so much TSCM!! :clapping:((big hugs) I was already working on it and did not realize you had done this until I was done! LOL

Thank you so much!

Anyway here is my post about this show:

I found it on Torrent. I made sure that this version of "The Michael Jackson Story" video is the 2009 version which adds a bit of the THIS IS IT speech he gave. It is the UK version that played recently where 4.5 million people there watched this.

Although this documentary is very short (only 43 minutes) it is pretty good for what it's worth (beggars can't be choosers when the MEDIA runs the show around the world)
Oh I adore Katherine in this! Love that woman so much! Bless her heart!
01katherine.jpg

And I also adore Gladys Knight! She says some really great things in this.

I know that many people out there do not have a torrent account or the TVOne channel that will be playing this on July 26th. Because I found this an interesting and some what fair Michael Jackson Documentary, I have re-up'd this video for you to download. It is in a half way decent xvid avi format quality and only 358 megs.

Download this file from HERE

See screen shots I took of this show found HERE

IMHO, it is a keeper video because it does NOT have a TV channel logo all over it. (like many stations do here in the US with logo's covering up half the d#mn screen!)

I still plan to record this show when they play it on TVOne July 26th and compare the UK to the USA version.

**this all reminds me that I have to get my "Making Michael Jackson's Thriller" VHS Tape on over onto DVD! **... lol

Last edited:
GAH.
That trailer looks SO good.
Sadly we don't get TVOne in Canada.

GAH.
That trailer looks SO good.
Sadly we don't get TVOne in Canada.

Many people even in the US do not get TVOne or the BET channel or CNN. They are on Dish, Directv or Cable and you pay a hefty monthly amount for those channels. AND now unless you have a TV Converter or a NTSC Digitial TV, you won't even get the FREE over the air channels.

What I found strange too is that Canada does not get the History Channel??

Anyway hun, TSCM graciously shared the files to watch this show and in an easier way to download it, than what I had posted up as one 358 meg file.

It may be a couple years old, but it is well done and the one I posted up is with the announcement of "This Is It" -- at the end, when they put that up with the text up (see pic slideshow I posted from show) , as he was waving Good Bye and turning to walk away from the stage I just cried... :cry:

I haven't TVone, but i'm looking forward to see it.
It makes me sad...
Will it upload to other website??

I haven't TVone, but i'm looking forward to see it.
It makes me sad...
Will it upload to other website??

I am not sure what other site you are talking about... Do you mean on TVOne's web site? I don't think they will do that, but you never know.

In my earlier post on this thread you will find the DOWNLOAD LINK for the entire 358 meg avi 2009 version of this show.
Or if you want, you can download the other version provided by TSCM (see above).:)

Today, I was able to set to record this show via my BEYOND TV Schedule thing (it is much like Tivo but far better)

Anyway this is the information it has on the show - (original airdate from 2003) but I am sure it will also add the bit showing Michael in London for the "This Is It" announcement:

A look at Michael Jackson's career to date and the achievements that made him the King of Pop.

Channel: 328 TVONE
Airtime: 7/26/2009 5:00:00 PM (60 mins)
Genre: Documentary / Biography / Music
Original Airdate: 11/18/2003 The Michael Jackson Story
A look at Michael Jackson's career to date and the achievements that made him the King of Pop.

Channel: 328 TVONE
Airtime: 7/26/2009 8:00:00 PM (60 mins)
Genre: Documentary / Biography / Music
Original Airdate: 11/18/2003

TSCM,

Thanks for posting here, I actually downloaded parts 1-4 from your website in March 2008 and didn't find the last two parts, I just downloaded them.

Back