9 Apr09: Its all about Thriller being the greatest.........

Rasta Pasta

Proud Member
Mj News in Review: 9 Apr 2009

Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' greatest record of all times

Press Trust of India - ‎3 hours ago‎
London, Apr 9 (PTI) 'King of Pop' Michael Jackson still seems to rule the hearts of many as his evergreen hit 'Thriller' has been voted the greatest record ...
Michael Jackson's album Thriller voted best album since 1981 Mirror.co.uk

MICHAEL JACKSON - JACKSON ALBUM STILL THRILLS Contactmusic.com

Thriller named 'greatest album ever' The Age

Radio 1 - AngryApe all 37 news articles »

Mentionings....
Huffington Post

Damn Right I Got Michael Jackson Tickets

Huffington Post - ‎7 hours ago‎
A few weeks back Michael Jackson--without question the greatest performer of a generation--announced he was setting up his circus tent in London for a ...

MICHAEL JACKSON - JACKSON PRAISED FOR PLANNING ANIMAL-FREE SHOWS

Contactmusic.com - ‎3 hours ago‎
Animal rights campaigners have heaped praise on MICHAEL JACKSON for his decision to keep his forthcoming comeback concerts cruelty-free. ...

Mj Bizniz news...
hdr_news.gif

Sony/ATV’s "Musical Notes" #36 - Stevie Nicks
Apr 08, 2009

resize_image.php

Sony/ATV’s "Musical Notes" #36
A fortnightly newsletter highlighting some of the many classic songs in the Sony/ATV Music Publishing catalog.

From Alan Warner, Creative Consultant

The Songs Of STEVIE NICKS

In 1974, Stevie Nicks joined Fleetwood Mac following brief periods with Lindsey Buckingham first in a group called Fritz and later in a band they named Buckingham Nicks. Eventually while still a member of Fleetwood Mac, she began recording a series of successful solo albums starting in 1981 with “Bella Donna” on which guest musicians included her friends Tom Petty and Don Henley. Produced by Jimmy Iovine, it hit #1 on Billboard’s album chart and reached #11 on the UK’s equivalent list.

VH1 viewers voted Stevie the #1 Greatest Woman In Rock; not only does she possess one of rock’s most sensual voices but she’s also a standout songwriter, evidenced by the following chart titles:

AFTER THE GLITTER FADES (Stevie Nicks)
By Stevie Nicks (Modern/WMG: 1982) US #32 Pop, #36 AC, #70 Country

Other versions incl: Glen Campbell (Atlantic/WMG)

BOOTYLICIOUS (Robert Fusari/Beyoncé Knowles/Falonte Moore/Stevie Nicks)
Featuring a sample of EDGE OF SEVENTEEN (Stevie Nicks)
By Destiny’s Child (Columbia/Sony: 2001) US #1 Pop, #2 R&B

DREAMS (Stevie Nicks)
“Thunder only happens when it's raining
Players only love you when they're playing
Say...women...they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean...you'll know”

Arguably the best-loved song Fleetwood Mac’s hugely successful LP “Rumours”.
By Fleetwood Mac (Warner Bros/WMG: 1977) US #1 Pop, #24
By Wild Colour (Perfecto: 1995) UK #25
By The Corrs (Lava/Atlantic/WMG: 1998) UK #6

Other versions incl: Melba Moore (Capitol/EMI), Richie Havens (Atlantic/WMG), Deep Dish with Stevie Nicks (Thrive)

EDGE OF SEVENTEEN (Stevie Nicks)
By Stevie Nicks (Modern/WMG: 1982) US #11 Pop

Other versions incl: Lindsay Lohan (Casablanca/Universal), Shawna Basick (BlissTunes), Lonnie Gordon (Centaur)

FIREFLIES (Stevie Nicks)
By Fleetwood Mac (Warner Bros/WMG: 1981) US #60 Pop

GOLD DUST WOMAN (Stevie Nicks)
“Did she make you cry, make you break down,
Shatter your illusions of love
Is it over now- do you know how
Pick up the pieces and go home”

By Fleetwood Mac (Warner Bros/WMG: 1977)
Other versions incl: Sheryl Crow (Interscope/Universal),
Sister Hazel (Lava/Atlantic), The Spill Canvas (Sire/WMG), Waylon Jennings (RCA/Sony)
Performed by Hole on the soundtrack of “The Crow: City Of Angels” (Miramax: 1996).

GYPSY (Stevie Nicks)
By Fleetwood Mac (Warner Bros/WMG: 1982) US #12 Pop, UK #46

HAS ANYONE EVER WRITTEN ANYTHING FOR YOU
(Stevie Nicks/Keith Olsen)
By Stevie Nicks (Modern/WMG: 1986) US #60 Pop, #31 AC

I CAN’T WAIT (Stevie Nicks/Rick Nowels/Eric Pressly)
By Stevie Nicks (Modern/WMG: 1986) US #16 Pop, UK #54
By Stevie Nicks (Modern/WMG: 1991 re-issue) UK #47

Other versions incl: Young Divas (Sony)

I DON’T WANT TO KNOW (Stevie Nicks)
By Fleetwood Mac (Warner Bros/WMG: 1977)

Other versions incl: Goo Goo Dolls (Lava/Atlantic)

IF ANYONE FALLS (Stevie Nicks/Sandy Stewart)
By Stevie Nicks (Modern/WMG: 1983) US #14 Pop

LANDSLIDE (Stevie Nicks)
“I took my love and I took it down
I climbed a mountain and I turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well the landslide brought me down”

By Smashing Pumpkins (Virgin/EMI: 1994) US #30 Pop
By Fleetwood Mac (Reprise/WMG: 1998) US #51 Pop
By Dixie Chicks (Monument/Sony: 2002) US #2 Country, #7 Pop (in ’03)

Other versions incl: Stacey Kent (Blue Note/EMI),
Ann Hampton Callaway (Telarc), Venice (Vanguard)

LEATHER AND LACE (Stevie Nicks)
“Lovers forever face to face
My city or mountains
Stay with me stay
I need you to love me
I need you today
Give to me your leather
Take from me my lace”

By Stevie Nicks with Don Henley (Modern/WMG: 1982) US #6 Pop, #10 AC
Other versions incl: Jeff Rasmussen & Robui Kahakalau (Neos), The Jolenes (Good Forks)

LONG WAY TO GO (Stevie Nicks/Rick Nowels/Charles Judge)
By Stevie Nicks (Modern/WMG: 1989) UK #60

NIGHTBIRD (Stevie Nicks/Sandy Stewart)
By Stevie Nicks with Sandy Stewart (Modern/WMG: 1984) US #33 Pop, #39 AC

RHIANNON (WILL YOU EVER WIN) (Stevie Nicks)
“Rhiannon rings like a bell throu the night
And wouldn’t you love to love her
Takes to the sky like a bird in flight
And who will be her lover?”

By Fleetwood Mac (Reprise/WMG: 1976) US #11 Pop
Other versions incl: Pamela Stanley (Beachwood)
Waylon Jennings (RCA/Sony), Kymaera

ROOMS ON FIRE (Stevie Nicks/Rick Nowels)
By Stevie Nicks (Modern/WMG: 1989) US #16 Pop, #16 AC, UK #16

SARA (Stevie Nicks)
“Drowning in the sea of love
Where everyone would love to drown
And now it’s gone
It doesn’t matter anymore
When you build your house
Call me home"

By Fleetwood Mac (Warner Bros/WMG: 1980) US #7 Pop, UK #37 (in ’79)

SEVEN WONDERS (Stevie Nicks/Sandy Stewart)
By Fleetwood Mac (Warner Bros/WMG: 1987) US #19 Pop, UK #56

SISTERS OF THE MOON (Stevie Nicks)
By Fleetwood Mac (Warner Bros/WMG: 1980) US #86 Pop

Other versions incl: Walter Egan (Renaissance)

SORCERER (Stevie Nicks)
By Stevie Nicks (Reprise/WMG: 2001) US #21 album cut

Performed by Laurie Sargent on the soundtrack of the movie “Streets Of Fire” (Universal: 1984)

STAND BACK (Stevie Nicks)
“Stand back stand back
In the middle of my room
I did not hear from you
It’s alright it’s alright
To be standing in a line
Standing in a line
I would cry”

y Stevie Nicks (Modern/WMG: 1983) US #5 Pop
By Linus Loves Featuring Sam Obernik (Data: 2003) UK #31

Other versions incl: Fleetwood Mac (Reprise/WMG),
Wienna (Megahit)

WHOLE LOTTA TROUBLE (Stevie Nicks/Michael Campbell)
By Stevie Nicks (Modern/WMG: 1989) UK #62

Stevie also collaborated with fellow Fleetwood Mac members on writing THE CHAIN, one of the songs on the multi-platinum 1977 Mac album “Rumours”. Shawn Colvin cut a cool cover of this on “Legacy”, the tribute album to “Rumors” on Lava/Atlantic.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

R.I.P.: ALAN W. LIVINGSTON (1917-2008)

Alan Livingston was the former Capitol Records president who signed The Beatles, The Beach Boys and Steve Miller. He was the brother of Jay Livingston, the composer who along with lyricist Ray Evans wrote such Sony/ATV classic songs as “Mona Lisa”, “To Each His Own” and “Silver Bells”.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

US chart positions courtesy of Joel Whitburn & Billboard Magazine

http://www.sonyatv.com/index.php/news/482

Mj Quote of the day..
"And my goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive: the ecstasy of divine union through my music and my dance.”

Michael Jackson

Last edited:
I think we are going to see a big hike in sales of Thriller over the next couple weeks in the UK anyway :).

Thanks for the news. So excited @ thriller being voted number 1 album :punk: And I am glad that the PETA have laid off Michael for the time being. He has never posed any threat to animals, period. The story about the elephant at the O2 was obviously just some tabloid guy trying to be funny. The PETA took it as fact and used it as another excuse to attack Michael. It was beyond unprofessional.

Before PETA start 'slamming' anyone, just to get their name out there they should check their facts. I have huge respect for animal rights groups (the non-violent ones) but this is not the first time they have attacked him.

Anyway, Thriller got it's rightful place - again, it always will.

Thanks for the news. So excited @ thriller being voted number 1 album :punk: And I am glad that the PETA have laid off Michael for the time being. He has never posed any threat to animals, period. The story about the elephant at the O2 was obviously just some tabloid guy trying to be funny. The PETA took it as fact and used it as another excuse to attack Michael. It was beyond unprofessional.
Agree with everything :punk::punk::punk:

Michael Jackson: Lap Of Luxury

He’ll be temporarily relocating to London, England this summer for a string of shows at the O2 Arena, and Michael Jackson has already picked out where he’ll be staying during his time abroad.
The “Billie Jean” singer has selected a massive mansion in Chislehurst, just outside London, that boasts plenty of room both inside and out.

Meanwhile, Jackson’s Thriller album has been voted the greatest album of all time in a poll of 40,000 music fans conducted recently by MTV.
Jackso’s magnum opus beat out Craig David’s Born to Do It, Guns N Roses’ Appetite for Destruction, Radiohead’s Ok Computer, and Nirvana’s Nevermind.

Below are the first pictures of Michael Jackson’s new rental property!

2dsinme.jpg

358t1jb.jpg

x3wn6b.jpg

jil4de.jpg

25qx4ir.jpg

*excuse these commercials, i can't get them away*​

Last edited:
What a beautiful house! I looks like a palace :D Thanks for posting MJ*PP

Thanx for the news.

Is that really the house MJ will be staying at? The media are ALWAYS reporting that MJ is buying this multi million $ house and staying at that house (all while his supposedly broke mind you! lol)

Huge house - but according to the reports - it's still a rumor...this is the house near the caves

Michael Jackson: Lap Of Luxury

He’ll be temporarily relocating to London, England this summer for a string of shows at the O2 Arena, and Michael Jackson has already picked out where he’ll be staying during his time abroad.
The “Billie Jean” singer has selected a massive mansion in Chislehurst, just outside London, that boasts plenty of room both inside and out.

Meanwhile, Jackson’s Thriller album has been voted the greatest album of all time in a poll of 40,000 music fans conducted recently by MTV.
Jackso’s magnum opus beat out Craig David’s Born to Do It, Guns N Roses’ Appetite for Destruction, Radiohead’s Ok Computer, and Nirvana’s Nevermind.

Below are the first pictures of Michael Jackson’s new rental property!

2dsinme.jpg

358t1jb.jpg

x3wn6b.jpg

jil4de.jpg

25qx4ir.jpg

*excuse these commercials, i can't get them away*​

I don't see a link or source for this report and pics. ??

I am not picking on any particular artist.. but emphasis.. what Michael accomplished when he sold out 13Mar
BEYONCE
April 09, 2009. Beyonce’s ticket troubles are continuing – and people are beginning to get worried. MediaTakeOut.com just caught wind that the London leg of Beyonce’s tour is not selling like people thought.

We spoke to one insider who claimed that TONS of tickets to Bey’s concert on May 22nd at UK’s Metro Radio Arena are still available. The insider told MediaTakeOut.com, “If things don’t pick up, this could get embarrassing.”

Well it is a recession …
http://www.mediatakeout.com/2009/31..._of_tour_suffering_from_low_ticket_sales.html

Faced with soft economy, artists offer deals

The Associated Press - ‎10 hours ago‎
He said the $50 average ticket price for a concert is a good value compared with sporting events and other live entertainment. Based on early ticket sales, ...

.....................Awwwwwwww,great!!!!!:punk::wild::clapping::punk:
Well I really hope they will STOP attacking him now:yes::D:yes:

Beyonce is everywhere - or at least it feels like she is - MJ hasn't performed in AGES - not a full concert of only MJ - of course the tickets were snapped up immediately!

Beyonce is everywhere - or at least it feels like she is - MJ hasn't performed in AGES - not a full concert of only MJ - of course the tickets were snapped up immediately!

not what i was hearing , they said the more he is abscent the more people forget him , even if he comes back nobody would care .... while BEE is among the most "IN" celebrity of this generation ( contrary to mj the most "out" ) added with the recession etc... his performance is incredible !!!

not what i was hearing , they said the more he is abscent the more people forget him , even if he comes back nobody would care .... while BEE is among the most "IN" celebrity of this generation ( contrary to mj the most "out" ) added with the recession etc... his performance is incredible !!!

thanks Serena.. that is exactly it...

the media treatment of other artist is soooooooo positive... and those artist are promoted and promoted.. yet Michael is trashed ... and called the "has been".. well the "has been"...has the last laugh...

I can't help but be a teeensy weeensy bit annoyed with PETA. What 'past mistakes' are they referring to, exactly? His animals have always been very well taken care of. When he left Neverland there was talk of neglect but it turned out that the animals were in excellent shape. Are they talking about Bubbles, some 20 years later?

thanks Serena.. that is exactly it...

the media treatment of other artist is soooooooo positive... and those artist are promoted and promoted.. yet Michael is trashed ... and called the "has been".. well the "has been"...has the last laugh...

.................and broke a' new record!!!!!:D:yes::D:punk:
Has been who????????..........lol:D:rofl:

Back