Beyonce's "If I Were A Boy" and 'Single Ladies" first singles!!!!!!!

PopPrince89

Proud Member
The Queen B is back with her fire hot new singles!!! I LOVED "If I Were A Boy" when i first heard but, as a Beyonce stan, I wasnt crazy bout Single Ladies...howveer, when i viwed the Behind the Scenes clip and saw the choreo and clips of the video for Single Ladies...I took a whole 360 flip!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT AND IM SOOOOOO SIKED FOR WHATS TO COME!!!! THE VIDEOS, THE ALBUM, THE TOUR!!! TAKE ME HIGHER LORD!!!

"If I Were A Boy"
http://z100.elvisduran.com/pages/news/beyonce/

"Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)"
http://www.power1051fm.com/pages/news/beyonce/

Behind the Secnes
http://www.sinternet.com/beyonce.html

I love the Single ladies song, I'm usually not a big fan of her ballads but i really like the 'if i were a boy' song.
Lol Beyonce need to teach me how she be twerkin it in them heels without bustin' her butt.

Thanks for posting.

I heard "Single Ladies" and I didn't really like it. She is already releasing a cd this year.

She is on the cover of "Essence" magazine: (all of this via http://thatgrapejuice.net)

On her marriage to Jay-Z:

Beyoncé tells the magazine that the wedding was very small and intimate, because she’s not a “traditional” woman and having it be “her day” wasn’t something she needed. Being a star and walking the red carpet has diminished the need for that over the years. “It’s been my day so many days already,” she told the magazine.

She didn’t want an engagement ring because “people put too much emphasis on that. It’s just material, and it’s just silly to me,” she said.

Instead of just getting wedding rings, the couple also got matching tattoos of the Roman numeral four on their ring fingers, so if they take off the bands for work or to go swimming, a mark of some form is still there. (The number four is special to the couple because her birthday is September 4, his birthday is December 4, and their wedding anniversary is April 4.)

On her Privacy

"I feel that, especially now, with the Internet and paparazzi and camera phones, it's so difficult to maintain mystery," she told the magazine. "And that's so important. Even in a relationship, I feel like not being that accessible is really important. If you think about Prince or Michael Jackson, or any superstars, you couldn't see them when they got off their planes or when they got out of the pool and didn't comb their hair. It's great that people see we're not perfect. But it's almost impossible to have superstars now, because people will never get enough. And it's not even about my music. It's about all the things that people imagine about me in their minds. But I can't satisfy everyone. I know that Jay and I probably do inspire people. And I appreciate people feeling proud. But this is the only way I've been able to stay sane, so why would I start talking now?

"[Not speaking] controls your brand," she continued. "It controls what you want to put out there and kind of forces people to talk about what you want them to talk about."

But then Beyoncé lets it slip that it was a joint decision with her husband to keep quiet. "We decide everything," she told the magazine. "My word is my word. What Jay and I have is real. It's not about interviews or getting the right photo op. It's real."

What her new CD will have: (via MTV.com and thatgrapejuice.net)

* Her 3rd studio album, which is due for release on November 18th, is titled 'I Am', she confirmed to MTV. The record will feature 10 tracks.

Orginial link -

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1596573/20081008/knowles_beyonce.jhtml

if i were a boy brought tears to my eyes. i love the song and seeing the video play out is amazing. she might just make a new fan. single ladies...ehhh dnt care 4it tho.

HERES THE VIDEO FOR "IF I WERE A BOY"....A MASTERPIECE...A CLASSIC..BEYONCES BEST AND AT HER REALEST EVER
BeyoncéNew Music[/list]

Last edited:
AMAZING ,she can make everybody loves her. a real Diva.

oh cool, thanks for the behind the scenes! These songs mean a lot to me- they're autobiographical!! :p I'm really happy that she made them, and made the videos simple and good.

According to sources, "If I Were A Boy" was illegally sold by this german producer who helped co-write and co-produce the song. It was sold without permission and literally taken by Beyonce's father. A lawsuit is about to be filed.

The original song "If I Were A Boy" was produced, written and recorded last year by a young Californian by the name of BC Jean: http://www.myspace.com/bcjean you can hear the original. It's really f*cked what's been done to her. But now there is a label bidding war over her and this could be the best thing that happened. She'll be a star too.

Also Bee stole the concept of her video "Single Ladies" from a Bob Fosse's “Mexican Breakfast."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU3N5c2Kxnw

The original song "If I Were A Boy" was produced, written and recorded last year by a young Californian by the name of BC Jean: http://www.myspace.com/bcjean you can hear the original. It's really f*cked what's been done to her. But now there is a label bidding war over her and this could be the best thing that happened. She'll be a star too.
\

That is kinda strange- you have to wonder if it was a misunderstanding or something. Did BC Jean write it? Or was it supposed to be given to her? Either way, I agree about her becoming a star now. I would never have heard her voice and now I'm thinking she's pretty good! :) I like both version, but I hope it wasn't actually stolen, cuz that's not cool.

According to sources, "If I Were A Boy" was illegally sold by this german producer who helped co-write and co-produce the song. It was sold without permission and literally taken by Beyonce's father. A lawsuit is about to be filed.

Also Bee stole the concept of her video "Single Ladies" from a Bob Fosse's “Mexican Breakfast."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU3N5c2Kxnw

You cant believe everything u read...theres a lot of rumors going on about the rights for "If Were A Boy"...but Beyonce stated "I borrowed this song from BC Jean because I liked it and felt it would round out my new album well, but am working to ensure BC Jean is credited for the music and lyrics."

I dont think Mathew her father and manager is that dumb to "steal" a song for his daughter and expect no legal action to be taken against him, no matter how powerful he and his daughter might be.. So Im sure theres a reasonable explanation for all this but i truly dont believe Beyonce "stole" the song

Likewise, she didnt steal the Bob Fosse concept either. She innovated it like she does a lot of old school concepts that she has in her videos. She takes old school, vintage concepts and spices them up in her own Beyonce-modern way to appeal to a generation that knows nothing of these old styles had Beyonce not introduced them to this generation. She even admitted using this concept for the video and said it would be a cool video and different from all the other videos that are out today. Rather than trying to be like everyone else, Beyonce always goes back to her roots of her style and incorporates them in her music and videos. Be real, many of u never have even heard of Bob Fosse or even The Frug, which was what inspired her Get Me Bodied video...All the true and substantial artists today borrow and innovate from the past to appeal to this fallen generation...i.e. Alicia Keys, Usher, Ne-Yo,Christina AGuilera (especially) so stop gettin on Beyonce all the time just cuz she's ahead of the game and is good at what she does...its getting really tired and annoying at this point in her career that people are still hating on her for the same dumb reasons that make no sense...give the girl her props GEEEEZ IT WONT HURT.. a legend IN THE MAKING!

You cant believe everything u read...theres a lot of rumors going on about the rights for "If Were A Boy"...but Beyonce stated "I borrowed this song from BC Jean because I liked it and felt it would round out my new album well, but am working to ensure BC Jean is credited for the music and lyrics."

I dont think Mathew her father and manager is that dumb to "steal" a song for his daughter and expect no legal action to be taken against him, no matter how powerful he and his daughter might be.. So Im sure theres a reasonable explanation for all this but i truly dont believe Beyonce "stole" the song

Likewise, she didnt steal the Bob Fosse concept either. She innovated it like she does a lot of old school concepts that she has in her videos. She takes old school, vintage concepts and spices them up in her own Beyonce-modern way to appeal to a generation that knows nothing of these old styles had Beyonce not introduced them to this generation. She even admitted using this concept for the video and said it would be a cool video and different from all the other videos that are out today. Rather than trying to be like everyone else, Beyonce always goes back to her roots of her style and incorporates them in her music and videos. Be real, many of u never have even heard of Bob Fosse or even The Frug, which was what inspired her Get Me Bodied video...All the true and substantial artists today borrow and innovate from the past to appeal to this fallen generation...i.e. Alicia Keys, Usher, Ne-Yo,Christina AGuilera (especially) so stop gettin on Beyonce all the time just cuz she's ahead of the game and is good at what she does...its getting really tired and annoying at this point in her career that people are still hating on her for the same dumb reasons that make no sense...give the girl her props GEEEEZ IT WONT HURT.. a legend IN THE MAKING!

Beyonce's and her father got a history of jackin' beats and lyrics. It isn't the first time concepts were stolen and it won't be the last. Beyonce didn't INNOVATE anything in her latest video Single Ladies at all. But for her sake, lets just say she was "heavily inspired" by Mr. Fosse. And that's how it's done! You go back to the past, rip something off from someone and give little to no credit.

I get on any artist that lacks originality and substance.

And according to BC Jeans mother, Beyonce and her label SETTLED with BC for a nice amount. Good on BC and her mom! I look forward to BC's career because she rocks!

http://sandrarose.com/2008/10/20/bc-jean-vs-beyonce/ :punk:

Beyonce's and her father got a history of jackin' beats and lyrics. It isn't the first time concepts were stolen and it won't be the last. Beyonce didn't INNOVATE anything in her latest video Single Ladies at all. But for her sake, lets just say she was "heavily inspired" by Mr. Fosse. And that's how it's done! You go back to the past, rip something off from someone and give little to no credit.

I get on any artist that lacks originality and substance.

And according to BC Jeans mother, Beyonce and her label SETTLED with BC for a nice amount. Good on BC and her mom! I look forward to BC's career because she rocks!

http://sandrarose.com/2008/10/20/bc-jean-vs-beyonce/ :punk:

oooooooooooo laaawd. i was loving her...i hope this aint true..if so im gonna be dissapointed

many of u never have even heard of Bob Fosse

I have heard of Bob Fosse many times and I am what some people consider a youngin'. (24). Since when did Beyonce or any of today's acts ever innovate? Let's not start trippin'. Beyonce is known to steal others people's work. Case in point - Ne-Yo. She stated that she wrote the song "Irreplacable". It turns out that Ne-Yo wrote the song and of course, Beyonce didn't give him any credit until Ne-Yo spoke up and said something.

I wouldn't consider Mathew Knowles a smart person. Let's not forget what he did to the former members of DC.

All the true and substantial artists today borrow and innovate from the past to appeal to this fallen generation...i.e. Alicia Keys, Usher, Ne-Yo,Christina AGuilera (especially)

True. There is nothing wrong with that. However, the only difference between those artists and Beyonce is that they give credit to those people and never assumed that they created the concepts. Beyonce loves to fool the public and getting them to think that she is this "creative" artists. I doubt she writes, produces and creates her own music.

Back