Where's the fun gone?

analogue

Proud Member
Today i was listen to the songs Get Down On It by Kool and The Gang, Let's Groove Tonight by Earth, Wind and Fire and Off The Wall by Michael Jackson and i was thinking that there's hardly anything fun about todays music from a lyrical point of view. I really wish that someone would come out with a new song with just simple fun lyrics

they are too busy following the outline of a crappy content hit, that will go to number one

Maybe not in the mainstream, but there are plenty of lesser known acts that produce fun songs.

Being cheery & happy isn't "hard" or "keepin' it real". Don't U know that already? :p

Last edited:
everything goes into circles. i mean it will come back again. always a follow the leader mentality.

Huey Lewis & The News always made fun songs. The B-52s are pretty good also.

Well I think 'Alphabeat' make music that is fun, I don't think there is any other why of desribing their music lol

It is out there but not in the way that disco and such used to make fun music.
It's just an example but I think fun music is making a comeback, or maybe that's just me hoping for the best lol

I miss these fun songs...

All the Small Things...by Blink 182...

Ray Stevens - The Streak...

Steve Martin - King Tut

I also miss Alien Ant Farm and the "Smooth Criminal" remake...

Today i was listen to the songs Get Down On It by Kool and The Gang, Let's Groove Tonight by Earth, Wind and Fire and Off The Wall by Michael Jackson and i was thinking that there's hardly anything fun about todays music from a lyrical point of view. I really wish that someone would come out with a new song with just simple fun lyrics
I know what you mean....I don't think I was born when any of this came out, but I love it! We just need more classic fun songs that can stand the test of time :yes:

Maybe people were happier back then, before all of the jaded, cynical grunge era and gangsta thugs of the 1990s changed all of that. You won't see people making videos like Wham!'s "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" or goofy Phil Collins & B-52s videos today.

Back