Confirmed New Album Collaborations & Info/Quotes Part 2 (May 2008 onwards)

damien shields

Proud Member
I ran out of characters in the original thread of this topic.
I will continue to update news from May 1st and onwards on THIS thread.
THE REST OF THE QUOTES (and there are HEAPS) CAN BE FOUND HERE--->>> http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43987

Ne-yo speaks to 933 on 8 May 2008
What about the rumor you're workin' with Michael Jackson..
That is not a rumor, that's true. I'm submitting songs for his project.. they're being very very picky and patient, and tellin' me to be patient because he's.. honestly, i dunno what he's doing. I don't know what he's doing. Like, we'll submit songs and then he'll call and say, "Hey i really like number three, and the hook on number two is strong but you could change the verse, okay bye". Yeah, i've spoke to him on the phone. I actually got a chance to go and meet him - All of that, yeah.

RedOne speaks 16 May 2008
About MJ...
Honestly, I’m not allowed to talk about Michael at all. I just love him. I’m a big fan of his. There’s something going on, but I can’t talk about it.

About Vegas and the studio
The studio, it’s incredible. The sound is amazing and so is Las Vegas. I love Las Vegas. We get a lot of peace of mind in Las Vegas. It’s very nice. It feels good working in Vegas. It’s very convenient, so close to L.A. It’s like a dream world that helps you musically and creatively.

Ne-yo goes "1 on 1" with DJ Ekin 2 June 2008
I'm actually in the process of doing songs for Michael Jackson.. for his new project. Oh yeah, well, I'm trying anyway.. Im submitting songs, and ah, he'll call me and say, 'yeah I really like number 3, number 2 is aight, change the hook on number 1 and send it back to me', and then, you know, that would be it.. So I dunno what's gonna happen.. I dunno what he gonna keep or whatever but, just he fact that he even got a hold of me and was like, 'Yo, I really want you to put some stuff together for my album', thats like.. that was enough for me.. I called my mum and like I wowed out.. it was one of those.

Q: When's the album coming out?
I have no idea! That's why I say im trying.. because this has been going on for like a few months now, you know what I mean like.. He's being real selective, real picky.. because I mean it's gonna be a real important if it comes out you know so, I dunno.

Ne-Yo speaks on 91.5 on 6 June 2008
Mocha: So, speaking of writing songs for a lot of people, I heard, and this might just be a rumour, but the one and only Michael Jackson asked you to work on his new album.
Ne-Yo: Yes it’s true; I’m working with him.

Mocha: How involved in the writing process are you, does he tell you what to write about?
Ne-Yo: Well, he didn’t go as far as to tell me what to write about but he told me what kind of music to write, like what genre, but he told me not to talk about it, no song descriptions no titles, just what he wants it to sound like.

Edelle: Well, he’s Michael Jackson.

Swizz Beatz speaks to MTV 17 June 2008
I'm working on this new Michael Jackson sh-t, I'm probably gonna be producing his tour and everything.

Sean Garrett speaks, posted 8 July 2008
I love Michael Jackson... I'm having a blast working with Mike. Mike is one of the greatest entertainers of all time, and it's just a blessing.

Ne-yo talks to New York Mag 23 July 2008
Working with MJ?
Yeah, Michael's putting together a new album, and I'm helping him out with it. He said he had a very high appreciation for my appreciation for melody. His music is all about the melody, and that's the only sort of real direction he gave me: 'Just make sure the song is as melodic as possible. I want to get back to that.'

Ne-yo submits tracks via MP3 on email, then..
He'll call me back and say, 'I really like song No. 3. Song No. 4, the hook could be stronger. Song No. 1, change the first verse. Okay, bye.' Click. And then I redo them and he's like, 'Okay, they're perfect. Send me more.' So I don't know what he's keeping, what he's getting rid of, what he's recording.

Is the King of Pop coming back?
He's definitely trying. He's trying to get back to a place where people remember why they love Michael Jackson in the first place. In the beginning, you didn't care about Michael Jackson's personal life. It was about his dancing and his music. That was why you loved Mike. He's trying to get back there. And I'm trying to help.

Ne-yo talks to Digital Spy 4 August 2008
You know, he's never told me he didn't like something and not given me a reason as to why. I've been working on some songs for his new album and if he doesn't like something he'll explain to me why he doesn't like it. He'll say, 'I just think the melody could be better' or 'I think that a stronger lyric could go here'. We haven't actually gotten the opportunity to work in the studio yet. As of right now it's all phone calls and emails and mp3s and I'm not really allowed to say anything about it.

RedOne in National Ledger 6 August 2008
It's not like it's a secret, it's just that nobody knows (when the album is being released). When it comes to Michael, I'm not allowed to talk about the recording, but I can say he's unbelievable, honestly the best that music has ever known, the ultimate star, artist, musician. Every other star I work with, I tell them I'm working with Michael Jackson, and they're like 'Oh, my God!' And when I tell him, he's so humble and polite, he's like, 'Oh, thank you.'

Neyo speaks about new album 13 August 2008
We talked about music, where he wanted to go direction-wise, how we'd get the records to one another. It was a very calm, regular meeting. We're trying to get people to ignore the rumours about his personal life and get back to the reason why we loved Michael Jackson in the first place, the entertainment value. We want to get the music right. He's still dancing, doing his thing; it should be good.

RedOne talk to Swedish newspaper 19 August 2008
About MJ:
Michael is such a perfectionist in everything he does, every detail is perfect. It's all ear candy. Me and Akon were watching him work in the studio, laughing like little children. He is a super nice and polite guy. I was shocked when I had dinner with him, he is so knowledgable about so many things, a real business man, and very intelligent.

About the new material:
It's very melodic. Very pop. I have no idea when his album will be out. He works with a line of different producers.

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me who RedOne is. I did a google and couldn't find anything about him. Is he some sort of a producer or something? Who is he?

Can someone please tell me who RedOne is. I did a google and couldn't find anything about him. Is he some sort of a producer or something? Who is he?

RedOne is a Moroccan and Swedish producer, writer and remix DJ based in Los Angeles.

He has also produced a number of singles for artists signed to Konvict Muzik records, such as Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" (featuring Colby O'Donis) and Tami Chynn's "Frozen" (featuring Akon). Not much personal information is known about him. The only real information about him can be gleaned from his sparse myspace page, his BMI Artist Roster page and his name as a production credit on a record. He owns RedOne Productions and has partnered with Akon on a Company Called RedOneKonvict.

Upcoming Projects

Pop legend Michael Jackson has hired RedOne and Akon to mastermind his new album. The trio began working together at the Palms recording studio in Las Vegas Wednesday, April 23, 2008.He is also a producer, songwriter and back-up vocal singer on NKOTB's summer 2008 album. He also announced that he is working with superstar Toni Braxton on her upcoming album.

Its been quiet the past couple of weeks... I wonder when we are gunna hear the next person talk about the album

I got really excited when i read (There’s something going on, but I can’t talk about it.) aaahhhhhh!!
all these amazing thoughts run through my head!

why is RedOne so hard to research??? I feel like there is so little about him, I cannot find any recent interview videos of him.. I keep looking and never find it..

why is RedOne so hard to research??? I feel like there is so little about him, I cannot find any recent interview videos of him.. I keep looking and never find it..

because he is a producer who is NOT an attention whore like TimbaBLAND.

Timba puts his name on everyones work. He produces a song and its released as a freakin' TimbaBland song. I feel so sorry for OneRepublic who in 2006 wrote, sang and released the song Apologize. It was a hit but on a smaller scale. Then in 2007 TimbaBland gets his hands on it, give the song the EXACT same musical base, just creates it in a machine, not with instruments, and ONEREPUBLIC re-record their vocals.. Thats just ONE example.

RedOne obviously doesnt do that, which i like.

I'm sure there will be no fillers. Some people might think they are, but they are not.

Edit: sorry wrong thread!

Last edited:
New quote from Ne-yo a couple of days ago. As below, transcripted by me:

Ne-yo goes "1 on 1" with DJ Ekin 2 June 2008
I'm actually in the process of doing songs for Michael Jackson.. for his new project. Oh yeah, well, I'm trying anyway.. Im submitting songs, and ah, he'll call me and say, 'yeah I really like number 3, number 2 is aight, change the hook on number 1 and send it back to me', and then, you know, that would be it.. So I dunno what's gonna happen.. I dunno what he gonna keep or whatever but, just he fact that he even got a hold of me and was like, 'Yo, I really want you to put some stuff together for my album', thats like.. that was enough for me.. I called my mum and like I wowed out.. it was one of those.
Q: When's the album coming out?
I have no idea! That's why I say im trying.. because this has been going on for like a few months now, you know what I mean like.. He's being real selective, real picky.. because I mean it's gonna be a real important if it comes out you know so, I dunno.

KEY WORD: "IF" it comes out. I don't like the sound of THAT!

no wonder michael is being picky with neyo's songs. neyo doesnt know much really. hes only submitting songs for michael and he has no clue of whats going on behind the scenes. for all we know michael might turn down all of his stuff.

KEY WORD: "IF" it comes out. I don't like the sound of THAT!

well it's probably true. There are a lot of "if's" with Mike:unsure:

I don't believe Ne-yo. He always stumbles on MJ. That last question about the new album, was about "The Year of the Gentleman", not Mj's and here's Ne-yo still crapping on about Mj. :lol: He's rehearsed his responses too much- his quotes are all very similar.

Thanks Damien
BTW: You're handsome :blush:

he's my fiance. :wub:

Last edited:
It makes no sense for MJ to be real picky for an album that won't come out :p

Back