New Kids on the Block to Appear on Today Show

Victory2004

Proud Member
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20187202,00.html
New Kids on the Block to Appear on Today Show
new_kids320.jpg

New Kids on the Block circa 1989
Looks like the Today show's got the right stuff: All five original New Kids on the Block members – Joey McIntyre, Donnie Wahlberg, Danny Wood and brothers Jordan and Jonathan Knight – will appear together in the morning show's courtyard on April 4, a source tells PEOPLE.
After months of speculation, PEOPLE confirmed in January that the band is reuniting – just in time to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the release of their mega-hit album Hangin' Tough. The group also recently updated its Web site, nkotb.com.
The boy band, which made legions of tweens swoon in the early '90s, selling more than 50 million albums, became a worldwide phenomenon before calling it quits in 1994. Since then, the oldest "Kid," Jonathan Knight, 39, retreated back to Boston to become a real estate developer. Former members Wahlberg, 38, and McIntyre, 35, have seen acting success, while Wood, 38, has worked as a music producer and Jordan Knight, 37, has continued to record.

new-kids-on-the-block-reunion.jpg

After more than a decade apart, New Kids on the Block has reunited for a new album and world tour.
The five original KNotB members will appear Friday morning on The Today Show, following earlier rumors of a reunion to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of their album Hangin’ Tough.
Featured left to right: Joey McIntyre, 35, Jonathan Knight, 39, Donnie Wahlberg, 38, Jordan Knight, 37, and Danny Wood, 38.
For more information, visit their official website at NKotB.com.
http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/04/02/ne...-block-reunion/

wow...I remember just a couple of years ago they tried to reunite them on that VH1 show bands reunited and the majority of them wanted nothing to do with it, especially Joey. I wonder what made them decide to do it.
All of the people from the 80's and early 90's are bringing some kind of comeback this year. Madonna, Paula, Janet, George Michael, Cyndi Lauper etc. It's pretty awesome if you ask me.

wow, I loved them so much back in the early 90s. I was obsessed with them I believe... :blush: They were the only boy band I liked.

wow...I remember just a couple of years ago they tried to reunite them on that VH1 show bands reunited and the majority of them wanted nothing to do with it, especially Joey. I wonder what made them decide to do it.
All of the people from the 80's and early 90's are bringing some kind of comeback this year. Madonna, Paula, Janet, George Michael, Cyndi Lauper etc. It's pretty awesome if you ask me.

Janet, Madonna, & George Michael never went anywhere. Even Cyndi Lauper has been making jazz records the past few years. Only Paula has recently started recording again. Also The Police, Genesis, Van Halen with David Lee Roth, Led Zepplin, Tears For Fears, among others, have reunited recently. There were rumors that Wham! are getting back together, but I don't know about that. Andrew Ridgely has always refused offers before. Also I don't picture George doing "Wham Rap", lol.

http://tv.yahoo.com/show/34211/news/urn:ne...9b86e__ER:55606
New Kids Set for Nationwide Block Party
They may not be new and they're definitely not kids, they're heading back to the block.
The New Kids on the Block—aka Joey McIntyre, Donnie Wahlberg, Danny Wood and Jordan and Jonathan Knight—are out to prove they've still got the right stuff, confirming on the Today show Friday that they're set to reunite and hit the road for the first time in 14 years.
The quintet, a prototypical boy band from Boston which sold more than 70 million albums and provided the template for 'N Sync and the Backstreet Boys, announced that they would be embarking on a nationwide tour this fall following the release of a new album.
"Long live the Block!" McIntyre shouted upon the group's revelation, doing his part to rile up the already overhyped crowd.
"It is better than Christmas," trumpetetd Jonathan Knight.
Once the man band was unveiled—with a drumroll and from behind a red velvet curtain set up outdoors—Wahlberg wasted no time in getting down to the business of the announcement.
"We started recording in August," he said. "Really, it was music that brought us back."
Wahlberg also noted that the reunion announcement, which has been in the ether for months, was something the group wasn't planning on confirming so early on, but felt they needed to after word began to leak out in January.
"We really weren't going to announce this yet," he said, adding that the boys-no-more band ultimately decided to confirm the rumors for their fans' sake.
"The fans got a little excited, but they got a little unsure, so we thought we better come out and let them know it's official. We hope to tour in the fall, we're already setting up limited dates."
The undeniably aged entertainers, reunited 22 years after first forming and 20 years after the release of their debut album, Hanging Tough, are apparently more than willing to embrace their status as the elder statesmen of teenybop pop. (Jonathan Knight's the eldest, at 39; Wahlberg and Wood are both 38; Jordan Knight is 37; and McIntyre is the baby, at 35.)
Asked what they had in store for long-suffering fans on their new album, McIntyre teased, "Three things: the economy, healthcare and job security."
"We've got some new material," Wahlberg said. "We're going to dance, we're going to sing, we're going to do it all."
Not deterred by the inevitable litany of late-night jokes that will come in the wake of a group of thirtysomething men reuniting as a boy band, Wood put fans' NKOTB-loving minds at ease by clarifying that the group would not be changing its name to more closely reflect the passing of time.
"We're all kids at heart, so it's not going to change," he said.
Before retiring from center stage, the group also made one more eardrum-shattering announcement. The group's first live show in 14 years, before the launch of their tour, will take place May 16 on the Today show as part of the morning program's summer concert series.

I'm loving this. I was in middle school when they first came out with "Hangin' Tough. I'm so glad they're back. This has got me excited big time. I can't wait to hear their new album.

wow, thanks for the footage!!! They look amazing! I like this!

Jon was my favorite, because he was so shy and lovely. Still he is... :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, i was really into them around 1990-1992.
I hope they'll visit Europe too....it would a great flashback-to -my-youth expierience!

I think they all look good too, they aged well.

Last edited:
I never was a fan of New Kids, even when they were popular. I'm sure their fans are happy, though. :)

Back