Michael's Birthday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyce

Guests
It is that time of year again- in just a couple short months Michael's birthday will be upon us and Team MJJC wants to do something special. We realize that without all of you, there would be no MJJC, so again we want to hear from you. What might you want to see here at MJJC in celebration Michael's of birthday?

We may not be able to put all comments and suggestions to use, but we would still love to hear what you have to say :)

Last edited:
Bumping this, Hun :blush: so it'll get some 'feedback' :cheeky:

For me? A nice good chat like yesterday would be just fine to 'celebrate' Michael :wub:

It is that time of year again- in just a couple short months Michael's birthday will be upon us and Team MJJC wants to do something special. We realize that without all of you, there would be no MJJC, so again we want to hear from you. What might you want to see here at MJJC in celebration Michael's of birthday?

We may not be able to put all comments and suggestions to use, but we would still love to hear what you have to say :)

Michael's birthday is my favourite MJ time of the year. In 2010 I held a 'Fly a Kite for MJ's Birthday' day on the foreshore of the local beach, where there is also a carousel, ferris wheel and waterslide. It was to encourage fans to get together and have a bit of fun and put some toys in the box for disadvantaged kids (my Michael's Angels for Michael's Children' project). While something like this is impossible to synchronise because of the global time differences (e.g. Michael wasn't born until the morning of 30th Aug in Australia) if we could all do something on around the same day or night and post our pics in an event page, it could be fun. (Maybe an Instagram project, and 'map' the pics so we can see where the fans are all over the world?)

It would be great if Google acknowledges MJ's birthday. I'm not sure if they did that last year, but I think they should every year. Anybody know how we could contact Google?

Also call the radio stations or request lines and leave messages about Michael's birthday. I would love the world to know it is his birthday.

Just wondering at the moment:
July 2013
We aren't have Brooklyn Loves MJ this year. But we are planning on throwing a party next year. See you then.

Brooklyn Loves Michael Jackson Celebration - 2014: is anything planned ???

Can somebody tweet Spike ?? https://twitter.com/SpikeLee

Just wondering at the moment:
July 2013
We aren't have Brooklyn Loves MJ this year. But we are planning on throwing a party next year. See you then.

Brooklyn Loves Michael Jackson Celebration - 2014: is anything planned ???

Can somebody tweet Spike ?? https://twitter.com/SpikeLee

After the storm that year when he had to cancel it, we never had another one. I think it is 2 years in a row there was none.

I like the ideas of people do what they can that is Michael oriented and then post it here and about calling the radio stations and doing requests. We could do a competition to see how many people did requests on the radio.

I would like to see someone make a Michael birthday cake like the Xscape one and post it.

I hope Spike Lee go back to doing Michael's birthday celebration again i would love to come to one never been to New York.

My radio station does play Michael's music on his birthday. My plans are to go to Gary IN this year for Michael birthday Aug 29th with my friend we went last year.

Last edited:
I've been celebrating our Angel's birthday for more than 20 years now! He has been my teacher, mentor, spiritual guide, shinning Light and Angel since the day he touched me with his glorious Light, unconditional Love and eternal Compassion for the entire cosmos and all of life...and I have been spreading his beautiful message ever since...:yes:

I will be hosting a party as always, and will also take my students and friends (who have all become MJ fans after witnessing my unflinching devotion and dedication for him for more than 20 years, and who now know the fact that he's indeed the greatest artist and human being to grace this lovely planet in eons!) to an orphanage with gifts for the abandoned little children! :flowers:

Posting pictures here of our global MJ birthday events would be cool!:birthday:

And LET'S MAKE GOOGLE HAVE A KING OF POP DOODLE ON THE 29TH, honouring the King of Pop, just like they did on 29th August 2009!:)

We love you Michael and thank you forever for continuing to shine your Light on us! Its shinning brighter than ever and we are so proud of you! We shall always do you proud! :bow:

May God bless our beautiful beloved and the loving Michael Jackson fan community all across the world!!!:angel:

Truly Michael...you are forever...
:billiejean:

Ankita I love your activity and the way you celebrate his birthday with the children. Children love Michael's music and his dance.

Ankita I love your activity and the way you celebrate his birthday with the children. Children love Michael's music and his dance.

Thank you, dear..much L.O.V.E to you..:) Yes, they love his music and dance, and they are so open aand receptive when you lovingly explain to them how Michael went out of the way to help others, that he was one of the greatest humanitarians and how he taught us to heal the world and make it a better place...how committed he was to his responsibilities as a global artist and human being...they see my own example, my life completely dedicated to his cause of spreading the message of L.O.V.E and doing my best to be an embodiment of L.O.V.E...and i love it when they say "now we know the real Michael Jackson"...in that moment I say a silent prayer and thank God with all my heart...

While the idea for a Google Doodle is a good one, it is not something we here at MJJC have any control over. You can however email Google your suggestions: proposals@google.com

You all have great ideas and suggestions- keep them coming :)

http://voices.suntimes.com/arts-ent...hael-jackson-tribute-festival-coming-to-gary/

5th annual Michael Jackson tribute festival coming to Gary

In a year where Michael Jackson is still being celebrated on award shows and through new music releases, it’s no surprise that the Jackson family is continuing to support the Gary-based Michael Jackson “King of Pop” Tribute Festival of the Arts. Held over three days starting August 28, Jackson’s mother, Katherine, is presenting the affair, according to her handlers.

This year’s festival differs from previous fests in that there is a new focus on “showcasing undiscovered talent” as a way to celebrate the Jackson 5′s humble beginnings in this Indiana town. The free festival kicks off with a high school marching band and includes the traditional trappings of outdoor fun: a kids pavilion, food and drinks, vendors, antique cars and live performances. And of course there will be fireworks.

August 29 is Michael Jackson’s birthday, so that might be the best day to attend the festival. Here’s what the Sun-Times posted about last year’s festival.

Paris78;4019414 said:
http://voices.suntimes.com/arts-ent...hael-jackson-tribute-festival-coming-to-gary/

5th annual Michael Jackson tribute festival coming to Gary

In a year where Michael Jackson is still being celebrated on award shows and through new music releases, it’s no surprise that the Jackson family is continuing to support the Gary-based Michael Jackson “King of Pop” Tribute Festival of the Arts. Held over three days starting August 28, Jackson’s mother, Katherine, is presenting the affair, according to her handlers.

This year’s festival differs from previous fests in that there is a new focus on “showcasing undiscovered talent” as a way to celebrate the Jackson 5′s humble beginnings in this Indiana town. The free festival kicks off with a high school marching band and includes the traditional trappings of outdoor fun: a kids pavilion, food and drinks, vendors, antique cars and live performances. And of course there will be fireworks.

August 29 is Michael Jackson’s birthday, so that might be the best day to attend the festival. Here’s what the Sun-Times posted about last year’s festival.

That's great that they're supporting that, but what does it have to do with MJJC? This thread is for ideas for MJJC to celebrate Michael's birthday.

Dedicate a special MJJC wallpaper, for example.. A visual wallpaper? Something like a concert, a short film.. A dedicated Michael Birthday thread, and how about a redirect taking you to Michael's interviews? I know this might be too much though, lol

Nope, no such thing as too much :D Like I said, we might not be able to act on all the ideas people suggest, but we'll at least consider them. Then go with the ones we feel we are best capable of handling/taking on.

Last edited:
I want Michael to have some birthday gifts.

1. A "Take care of the planet" thread.
We have a thread in the Legacy Project called Make the change about things you can do.
This thread should be what we actually are doing to heal the world.
It can be visiting an orphanage, hospital, picking litter, plant trees, donate money, things, time, sign petitions, educate others about how to help the environment,animals, people.

2.A flöwer thread not only pictures from the Holly Terrace or statues for example in Best where several fans send flowers but perhaps you think of Michael when you plant something in your own garden, or your parents garden.
It can also be potplants indoors or on the balcony.

3 Thread with parties, dancetributes

MIST;4020374 said:

We have a thread in the Legacy Project called Make the change about things you can do.
It can be visiting an orphanage, hospital, picking litter, plant trees, donate money, things, time, sign petitions, educate others about how to help the environment,animals, people.

2.A flöwer thread not only pictures from the Holly Terrace or statues for example in Best where several fans send flowers but perhaps you think of Michael when you plant something in your own garden, or your parents garden.

Ooh- those are good ideas :) You're free to create those threads in the Legacy forum any time you wish. I don't think it would be appropriate to limit them to only during his birthday celebration, you know? Those should be on-going conversations that happens year-round :)

In addition to what has been suggested up to now, maybe organize a Q&A with someone like his brother Jackie?

In addition to what has been suggested up to now, maybe organize a Q&A with someone like his brother Jackie?

Hey that is interesting. It would be nice if he could be on live in the thread and we ask questions and he answers for about 30 minutes. You know like when the juror came into the thread and we were able to interact live (so to speak) with him. I guess he would have to devote time to this and might not want to. Actually I would like to ask Joe about Michael and rehearsing, but he might want money for it.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by MIST

Spyce;4020477 said:
Ooh- those are good ideas :) You're free to create those threads in the Legacy forum any time you wish. I don't think it would be appropriate to limit them to only during his birthday celebration, you know? Those should be on-going conversations that happens year-round :)

These are wonderful ideas. If we are going to add them in the Legacy Project forum, let me know as I am on the Legacy Project team. We do have a similar thread about making that change, projects that are inspired by Michael and planting trees, but we can certainly add them. We should note his birthday somewhere in the title; however, we can also add something like "For Michael's birthday and every day after...". This would denote that we are not specifically focusing to do the work only on Michael's birthday. What do you think?

Hey that is interesting. It would be nice if he could be on live in the thread and we ask questions and he answers for about 30 minutes. You know like when the juror came into the thread and we were able to interact live (so to speak) with him. I guess he would have to devote time to this and might not want to. Actually I would like to ask Joe about Michael and rehearsing, but he might want money for it.

I agree too with what Rhilo said. You are right he will want to get paid you think he want to do this with MJ fans for free.

windy09;4026965 said:
These are wonderful ideas. If we are going to add them in the Legacy Project forum, let me know as I am on the Legacy Project team. We do have a similar thread about making that change, projects that are inspired by Michael and planting trees, but we can certainly add them. We should note his birthday somewhere in the title; however, we can also add something like "For Michael's birthday and every day after...". This would denote that we are not specifically focusing to do the work only on Michael's birthday. What do you think?
It should be something we can do every day or whenever we want to.
It doesn´t matter if we give 1$ or 100$, we can just write I donated to for example operation smile.
I think at least for me it would be just as beautiful as the roses to read about how we make a difference together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back