Oprah Show on Michael jackson's new album 'Michael' *Update Post 994*

Kapital77;3102433 said:
I know Friedman has good sources about all the Cascio songs and it´s sure that he help Cascio to sell the songs to Sony/Estate:

5/2/2010:

"That deal does not include newly discovered material. This could mean that other record companies could bid for the collection of songs."

I think that these words were a direct arrow to Sony, to hurry up to buy the Cascio tracks and to avoid other record companies could buy it.

!!! FRIEDMAN LOVES CASCIO, LOVES MONEY, LOVES MJ AND NOW.... LOVES SONY !!!

Let me tell you the major problem with this theory (forcing Sony to buy these songs before the other record companies buy it)

Michael Jackson's name , image, likeliness, copyrights and trademarks are owned and managed by the estate. No record company can put out an album with MJ's name and songs on it without the approval of the estate. (Edited to add: I believe Motown has some control over old Jackson 5 materials so the estate might not have a say on that)

So no company would spend millions on songs that they couldn't release. So the record companies bid would be with the estate for a record deal and not with songwriters etc for songs. And we know that Sony secured their position with the deal they made so other record companies are out of the picture.

And Sony/Estate didn't have to buy or use those songs if they were that bad or unusable - like I said as Michael is listed on the copyright, Cascio/Porte wouldn't be able to sell or release these songs in any other way.

Re: Oprah Show on Michael jackson's new album 'Michael'

O.K. enough of this already.
If you don't want to buy the "Michael" album, then just don't buy it.
But, please, stop with all this nonsense about calling background vocals "fake". I'm just plain sick of this negativity campaign some of you are on.

Let those who want to have the JOY of celebrating
the "Michael" album be able to do so in peace. :cheers:

ivy;3102440 said:
Let me tell you the major problem with this theory (forcing Sony to buy these songs before the other record companies buy it)

Michael Jackson's name , image, likeliness, copyrights and trademarks are owned and managed by the estate. No record company can put out an album with MJ's name and songs on it without the approval of the estate.

So no company would spend millions on songs that they couldn't release. So the record companies bid would be with the estate for a record deal and not with songwriters etc for songs. And we know that Sony secured their position with the deal they made so other record companies are out of the picture.

And Sony/Estate didn't have to buy or use those songs if they were that bad or unusable - like I said as Michael is listed on the copyright, Cascio/Porte wouldn't be able to sell or release these songs in any other way.

Friedman had all the answers for you, for me, for Sony, and for the Estate:

5/3/2010:

"but things could get sticky between the jackson estate and cascio. I am told that cascio has engaged a top music entertainment lawyer in los angeles, don passman. And sources do say that cascio is “covered,” whatever that means."

Michael Jackson's name , image, likeliness, copyrights and trademarks are owned and managed by the estate. No record company can put out an album with MJ's name and songs on it without the approval of the estate.

True, nobody would be able to release the songs, but it would still drive their value up. I'm pretty sure the estate wouldn't want tracks of Michael Jackson or someone they believed to be Michael Jackson sitting around in someone else's possession.

True, nobody would be able to release the songs, but it would still drive their value up. I'm pretty sure the estate wouldn't want tracks of Michael Jackson or someone they believed to be Michael Jackson sitting around in someone else's possession.

Yes, and not counting with the entertainment lawyer that Cascios engaged on that day: 6/27/2009.

Kapital77;3102450 said:
Friedman had all the answers for you, for me, for Sony, and for the Estate:

5/3/2010:

"but things could get sticky between the jackson estate and cascio. I am told that cascio has engaged a top music entertainment lawyer in los angeles, don passman. And sources do say that cascio is “covered,” whatever that means."

please do not quote Friedman as a legal expert.

What he's meaning there is that as they are listed on the copyright of the songs if the estate/sony wants to release those songs they need to pay them for the use of the songs as well as royalties. He means that their copyrights are solid.

As I said before as "Michael Jackson" name is on those songs as well and as it is controlled by the estate even though any record company bought those songs they wouldn't be able to release them till the end of time without the approval of the estate.

It's that simple.

(and a lawyer can protect your rights but they cannot change the laws and regulations)

Superstition;3102451 said:

On the contrary "unreleasable songs" would be quite valueless. Plus the argument is that those are "low quality, unfinished songs with questionable vocals". Why would any record company want to bid on them if this is the truth? Like I said even Sony and the estate didn't have to buy/use them. Michael's name is also on the song, they could have stopped the use/release of the songs forever.

As you see those two things doesn't go together. So these are either "great songs" that any record company would want in the hopes of releasing them with the estate, or they are "low quality songs with questionable vocals" that no one would want.

and please do not quote me Friedman saying "but he wrote they were great and that's why the record companies overbid on those songs". Everyone has ears and no one buys songs without listening to them. So even though Friedman swore on his mama that those were the greatest songs , if they were bad quality none of the record companies would be interested in them after the first listen.

But look what finally happened.

Vocals are bad.

We really dont know if the vocals are really from Mj.

Sony paid for the 12 songs.

They also needed to pay for a musical foren..

The family since first day did not believe in the vocals of those songs.

But the real is that Sony paid so much money and they need to sell it as soon as possible.

OMG I have seen it all Friedman is being given crediablty. What has become of us

On the contrary "unreleasable songs" would be quite valueless. Plus the argument is that those are "low quality, unfinished songs with questionable vocals". Why would any record company want to bid on them if this is the truth? Like I said even Sony and the estate didn't have to buy/use them. Michael's name is also on the song, they could have stopped the use/release of the songs forever.

As you see those two things doesn't go together. So these are either "great songs" that any record company would want in the hopes of releasing them with the estate, or they are "low quality songs with questionable vocals" that no one would want.

Oh, I'm quite certain that any recordings of Michael Jackson or any songs that can fool people into believing Michael Jackson is on them are quite valuable regardless of whether they can be released or not, for the mere fact that they can be leaked/released and lose a good chunk of their value.

And if they believe MJ is on the tracks, the quality really means little if they plan on having producers mix them with old vocals and "update" or "complete" them.

You're paying for Michael Jackson or what you believe to be Michael Jackson.

Some of us are convinced and others aren't. So what does it matter if they're real or fake? They're going on the album, and it will still sell. In either scenario, wouldn't that be the goal that all parties involved would hope for?

Enough negativity - let's get positive and lets wait and see the Oprah show. Maybe new information will come.

I can't wait for Michael. I am dying to hear new MJ music.

Looks like the conversation got a little off track. So...when is this Oprah special airing??

O.K. enough of this already.
If you don't want to buy the "Michael" album, then just don't buy it.
But, please, stop with all this nonsense about calling background vocals "fake". I'm just plain sick of this negativity campaign some of you are on.

Let those who want to have the JOY of celebrating
the "Michael" album be able to do so in peace. :cheers:
I agree :clapping::clapping:

Here we go again!

But look what finally happened.

Vocals are bad. Your opinion not mine

We really dont know if the vocals are really from Mj. Yes we know. It's been publicized enough. There's other singers beside Michael.

Sony paid for the 12 songs. Yay! Means more news songs.
They also needed to pay for a musical foren.. To shut up people like you.

The family since first day did not believe in the vocals of those songs. Only a few disgruntled family members. NOT the whole family.

But the real is that Sony paid so much money and they need to sell it as soon as possible. Again, your opinion not mine.

STOP. I repeat: STOP shoving your opinions down our throats as facts. It's annoying beyond belief.

Here we go again!

STOP. I repeat: STOP shoving your opinions down our throats as facts. It's annoying beyond belief.

there is no point telling few people,they are in every thread repeating same things like broken record,just like some jackson family members.

Do you think it would help us if they explained how much Michael did on the song and what they did to complete it? Or would that make things worse?

I just saw a little clip previewing the Oprah show on Dec.6.

Someone from the Cascio family said that there would be a knock on their door in the middle of the night and it would be Michael. They also showed a little clip of a family video of Michael in their home.

Teddy Riley was asked why he is convinced it is Michael.

People keep saying listen to your heart and what does your gut instinct tell you.

My heart tells me these people loved Michael and wouldn't betray him like some are suggesting. They have plenty of money. I think they value Michael and their integrity more. JMO.

So many on here seem to know what Michael would and wouldn't want. What Michael would and wouldn't do.

Well I will add one more. He wouldn't want us insulting these people who made him feel safe enough that he could knock on their door in the middle of the night and know that he would be welcome.

Please try to keep your hearts and your minds open until you hear the actual songs on Michael.

Remember we aren't the only ones who loved Michael with all our heart and soul. And we aren't the only ones who grieve him still.

I am reminded of Michael when I think what the Wizard of Oz said to the Tin man...
"A heart is not judged by how you love but how much you are loved by others"

I know it is out of love that makes many of us roar so.

Here we go again!

When I read this, it sounded like that reporter in the begning of "Breaking News"..Hear we go again, another lawsuit..:lol:

Someone from the Cascio family said that there would be a knock on their door in the middle of the night and it would be Michael. They also showed a little clip of a family video of Michael in their home.

People keep saying listen to your heart and what does your gut instinct tell you.

My heart tells me these people loved Michael and wouldn't betray him like some are suggesting. They have plenty of money. I think they value Michael and their integrity more. JMO.

So many on here seem to know what Michael would and wouldn't want. What Michael would and wouldn't do.

Well I will add one more. He wouldn't want us insulting these people who made him feel safe enough that he could knock on their door in the middle of the night and know that he would be welcome.

Please try to keep your hearts and your minds open until you hear the actual songs on Michael.

Remember we aren't the only ones who loved Michael with all our heart and soul. And we aren't the only ones who grieve him still.

I am reminded of Michael when I think what the Wizard of Oz said to the Tin man...

spot on ,after all they are his first family of love.
i remember one saying "u can not choose your family but u can choose your friend" ,i guess with this family he really tried to choose his family.

Did you see this preview on today's Oprah show by chance? and like I figured, Oprah will be focusing on the controversy as it relates to this album.

WORD!! Do you not wonder why he would record in someone's house- while not in others? :cheeky:
That alone tells me a great deal right there.

But for Pete's sake let's not judge the next group of people as if we're Judge, Jury and DA in one office. It's plain hypocritical. Because it sure looks that way when demanding an open mind from the haters, but refusing to even hear what someone might have to say.

Last edited:

That's a very lovely post, thank you. :) I wish I could believe it all to be true, I feel like Dorothy tapping her shoes together... but it is a lovely sentiment, thanks ;) x

That is sad to me. I am sorry if this a stupid question but why would Michael go to someone's house in the middle of the night? Where do these people live and what was going on? I don't know why this makes me feel really sad.

That is sad to me. I am sorry if this a stupid question but why would Michael go to someone's house in the middle of the night? Where do these people live and what was going on? I don't know why this makes me feel really sad.

Hmm, when you put it that way...it does sound a bit sad. Almost like he had no where to go :(..

P.S. Or maybe he was feeling lonely? Still sad either way..

Hmm, when you put it that way...it does sound a bit sad. Almost like he had no where to go :(..

P.S. Or maybe he was feeling lonely? Still sad either way..

I think I was thinking along those lines because just reading that made me feel sad for him. Something was wrong.

Here we go again!

Riviera I like all your points, and one more, how is Michael's family credible at all?

As far as Michael ending up on Cascio's footsteps, I think it is sad for Michael because after the trial he felt like a vagabond with no real home. He felt not wanted in his own country so he lived overseas for awhile, and then decided to come back and went to a family he loved and trusted where he felt safe. I am grateful to the Cascios for helping Michael feel safe and happy. They welcomed him with open arms and that is what he needed at the time. :yes:

The Oprah show will be used as a means of promoting the upcoming "Michael" ablum, and that is a wise buisness move.

Yes, it is. I don't know why some people don't see that. Like her or not. I don't either, but people DO watch her show.

Vision is great. Only TWYMMF is very bad at some points. Otherwise quality and sound is great.

And yes MJStorm - some would always find a reason to complain and make up conspiracy theories.

I have seen a lot of people complain about TWYMMF, but I seem to recall hearing or reading somewhere that there was some sort of filter put over it to make it look grainy ON PURPOSE. Does anyone else remember that? Can't you see how it changes in the video? I can tell at the moment it changes to look more grainy.

Back