Michael "Advertising/Promotion"

damoonwalker

Proud Member
Hi,

I wanted to start this topic to find out any details of advertising of the new Michael album.

So far I've heard hardy anything. With the album so near I remeber people mentioning in previous posts that Sony had a hugh advertising plan under their belt.

So far everything seems pretty quite to me :S

Does anyone have any ideas whats going on in terms of promotion??

Many thanks...

In Denmark no promotion or advertising has been done so far.

I hope promotion will be HUGE.

Yeah....I am starting to get a bit suspicious about it all....I mean, now is the time to be effective in it's promoting. Just think of MJ's HIStory teaser and the adverts in the run up too INVINCIBLE being released!

But whats even more strange is that AKON is being quiet about it also...I mean if both AKON and MJ's record companies both marketed this appropriately it would be fully effective. I just hope that the right marketing and publicity teams around the globe are put in place to make this HUGE!

Don't forget up until yesterday, Sony & The Estate were stuck in a public relations war with some of the Jacksons. So ...it's only normal that they handled this little situation before moving full steam ahead

Promotion has to start soon though.

I'm told promotion has already started with Breaking News and now Hold My Hand. The media has reported extensively about this.

Some other promotional tools in store over the next 30 days:

-Interviews from Akon, Lenny Kravitz, Teddy Riley, and other people associated with the album

-Television commercials currently in preparation will debut starting next week all around the world and will really kick into gear the week of release (Dec 13th)

-Billboard advertisements are currently in print and will be unveiled in select cities

-Heavy internet advertising is expected including exclusive information being posted on MJ's website, facebook, and twitter

-I-Tunes will of course have their own exclusives for the album, right now it's being debated as to whether an 11th track could appear for I-Tune buyers only. (an exclusive bonus track) The album will go up for pre-sale in a couple of weeks and I-Tunes will have an exclusive page for the album with a write up, and MICHAEL graphics.

-A music video for Hold My Hand will be released. Right now it's slated for an early December release date.

Beyond 30 Days:

-Two more worldwide single releases are planned to complete the MICHAEL album. I'm told the three songs that are in the ranking include: Another Day, Monster, and
Hollywood Tonight. The second single could be released as early as New Years.

Projected sales for the album directly from Sony are as follows:

-First week US sales of 400,000 (#1 on Billboard 200)
-Final US sales of 2,000,000 (2x platinum)

-First week global sales of 900,000
-Final global sales of 5,000,000

As for Hold My Hand, I'm told #1 is not expected in any of the big markets but based on internal data from today's release, a Top 10 is a strong possibility in the US, UK, Japan, Australia, Canada, and several other European markets.

I'm told promotion has already started with Breaking News and now Hold My Hand. The media has reported extensively about this.

-Interviews from Akon, Lenny Kravitz, Teddy Riley, and other people associated with the album

-Television commercials currently in preparation will debut starting next week all around the world and will really kick into gear the week of release (Dec 13th)

-Billboard advertisements are currently in print and will be unveiled in select cities

-Heavy internet advertising is expected including exclusive information being posted on MJ's website, facebook, and twitter

-I-Tunes will of course have their own exclusives for the album, right now it's being debated as to whether an 11th track could appear for I-Tune buyers only. (an exclusive bonus track) The album will go up for pre-sale in a couple of weeks and I-Tunes will have an exclusive page for the album with a write up, and MICHAEL graphics.

-A music video for Hold My Hand will be released. Right now it's slated for an early December release date.

Beyond 30 Days:

-Two more worldwide single releases are planned to complete the MICHAEL album. I'm told the three songs that are in the ranking include: Another Day, Monster, and

As for Hold My Hand, I'm told #1 is not expected in any of the big markets but based on internal data from today's release, a Top 10 is a strong possibility in the US, UK, Japan, Australia, Canada, and several other European markets.

thanks smooth and I think it will go number 1 it is that great and mj has so many fans!

I really hope so because the general public doesn't even know about this! The internet media has been covering it, yeah, but not everyone reads internet news and stuff. It needs to be on radio ads, tv, magazines, billboards and internet ads (on sites that aren't MJ related).

I have a friend who isn't a fan per se (doesn't keep up with what's going on) but loves Michael's music and has all of his albums. He had no idea there was a single released today. Another friend (who is a fan - had London TII tix - but doesn't do the internet stuff) also had no idea about the new single.

These are the kind of people who will be making up the rest of the buyers. They need to know about this! It seems the only people who know about it are a) The insanely devoted like us, b) those on the mj.com mailing list, or c) those who keep up with celebrity/gossip/pop culture news. =(

I just want everyone to know that there is a new Michael Jackson c.d. coming out! Because I'm afraid there will be people who would buy it if they knew, but they don't know. :(

Hopefully this is a premature worry and next week we'll see lots and lots of promotion. :yes:

Beyond 30 Days:

:eek:

Thanks SC05! :)

Thanks Smooth for taking time and give us an update.

Highly Appreciated bud! :)

So SONY "only" think Michael will sell 5 million copies WW ?

I hope it does more.

And I hope that more that 3 singles are released from the album.

I've had to take promotion into my own hands. But when the TV adverts/commercials start showing, hype will be wild.

Beyond 30 Days:

I don't know how I missed this but thanks smooth! Another Day released as a single on New Years would be awesomee!

Thanks a lot Smooth. Here's hoping promotion will kick off soon. Its worrying the relative lack of promotion. I guess we're all just so used to the massive grand promotion that always happened when Michael was here when releasing his albunms.

Back