Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

smooth, please put us out of our misery and spill the beans! :p Please?

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

The information from my source on Tuesday was that the album announcement was only days away, and that both the estate and Sony were in the process of agreeing on a release date that will give everyone enough time to finalize a few things and get it into production. The good news is that the release WILL be in 2010, and that's what everyone has been striving for.

The analogy I was told on Tuesday was this: "pretend this album was like a huge nine course meal being prepared, the stage we are at now is sprinkling the salt and pepper onto the food".

I was told the estate has been working extra hard on everything, making sure the album has a modern flow, and that no songs will be considered "unfinished" when fans and critics listen to it for the first time. At this time there is NO final date that has been decided upon but the idea is still to get it out in late November or early December.

The marketing on this album will be very different compared to other albums from alive artists. Sony does plan to make this a big bang with television specials, interviews, ads on billboards, television, and radio, plus promotional campaigns with big US retailers to tie in Michael Jackson's Vision.

Things are still ready for this year, so while I understand many peoples patience have been tested (mine included), the wait is nearly over.

As I hear more information, I'll be posting it here ASAP. There is another meeting next week on the album and in my opinion that's when the big announcement will come.

*Disclaimer: please do not take this information as gospel but rather as an indication of what is going on within Sony Music USA at this time. It is your ultimate choice as to whether you believe it or not. Thank you

Cool. Thank you! :D

The information from my source on Tuesday was that the album announcement was only days away, and that both the estate and Sony were in the process of agreeing on a release date that will give everyone enough time to finalize a few things and get it into production. The good news is that the release WILL be in 2010, and that's what everyone has been striving for.

The analogy I was told on Tuesday was this: "pretend this album was like a huge nine course meal being prepared, the stage we are at now is sprinkling the salt and pepper onto the food".

I was told the estate has been working extra hard on everything, making sure the album has a modern flow, and that no songs will be considered "unfinished" when fans and critics listen to it for the first time. At this time there is NO final date that has been decided upon but the idea is still to get it out in late November or early December.

The marketing on this album will be very different compared to other albums from alive artists. Sony does plan to make this a big bang with television specials, interviews, ads on billboards, television, and radio, plus promotional campaigns with big US retailers to tie in Michael Jackson's Vision.

Things are still ready for this year, so while I understand many peoples patience have been tested (mine included), the wait is nearly over.

As I hear more information, I'll be posting it here ASAP. There is another meeting next week on the album and in my opinion that's when the big announcement will come.

*Disclaimer: please do not take this information as gospel but rather as an indication of what is going on within Sony Music USA at this time. It is your ultimate choice as to whether you believe it or not. Thank you

Thanks smooth...as always, I appreciate your sharing of this info :D

Thank you.

Thank you sincerely Smooth for this information. I eagerly anticipate next week hoping that an announcement will finally arrive. I'm hoping it comes out to commemorate the 28th anniversary of Thriller because that would be a great promotion. I look forward to finding out more.

I'd love to belive you.

Well, let's see. I hope you are right.

Thanks for the info.

Thank you very much! that was very hopeful!!

It's hard to believe the album will be out 5 to 6 weeks from now
but let's hope so

Thanks for the information, Smooth. :read:

Thx Smooth,

And I like the way you do post still. unbreakable

It's hard to believe the album will be out 5 to 6 weeks from now
but let's hope so
I still have doubts. Lots of doubt. I will believe it after a single is released along with an official release date that is not real far away from the time it is announced.

Thank you sc05.

Lets all remember even if there is a set date things could be changed and it is not on Smooth if they do.

Smooth, I am warning you, if the album doesn't come out in 2010 you better change your address :p

But yeah, thank you for the info.

Dont threaten him like that! even if it is a joke its rude! damn people it isn't Smooth's fault if it does change!

Ahhhh thank you!

I can't waitt :wild:

Dont threaten him like that! even if it is a joke its rude! damn people it isn't Smooth's fault if it does change!

I know.. calm down, I don't think it was rude in anyway actually. It was just a joke :S

Thank you Smooth :)

Thanks Smooth. I've supported you previously and glad to hear an update from you.

Peace out bud! :)

Thank you smooth
Thanks for all your updates, much appreciated

I hope so, that's all. Recent reports were about the guitarist from the Off the wall era and saying he finished a new 'Killer' MJ song, that's either for a second album project or this one. If its this one...damn....i personally doubt it'll release this year. But we'll see, won't we ? :)

I am afraid of what that 'modern flow' means... Because Michael use to have his own flow that is evergreen, not what's considered 'modern'. Usually 'modern' stuff just won't live forever.

I am afraid of what that 'modern flow' means... Because Michael use to have his own flow that is evergreen, not what's considered 'modern'. Usually 'modern' stuff just won't live forever.

That's my ultimate fear with this album. Still, can't wait.

I agree." Modern flow", what, they mean how music sounds like today?

This era is called "Shit Music Era".

I know.. calm down, I don't think it was rude in anyway actually. It was just a joke :S

What?! You dared to joke? How could you? Do you realize that because of your joke we had to smile!! Don't do that man! This is a serious thread :mat:

I agree." Modern flow", what, they mean how music sounds like today?

This era is called "Shit Music Era".

Lol lol lol :hysterical::punk:

What?! You dared to joke? How could you? Do you realize that because of your joke we had to smile!! Don't do that man! This is a serious thread :mat:

:hysterical:

Thanks Smooth.

I really DO believe, but in fact it's kinda impossible that we'll get new album this year. Let's see... BEP shared their new album cover yesterday, Kanye West has shared his album cover as well, the same with Rihanna... They're releasing new albums this year and we can listen to new singles, watch new videos and we know songs' titles.

We've got nothing. That really makes me confused.

Back