UpDate in Slash story, Slash Sets the Record Straight About Michael Jackson’s "Black or White

Re: Slash Sets the Record Straight About Michael Jackson’s "Black or White": & others news too

"Black or White" is a "gay" song? Really? Are we in Kindergarten where that is supposed to be an insult?

If we were, would you be the school-teacher?

This is how every day people talk and it's not even referring to homosexuality anymore 90% of the time. Slash is free to dislike the song or to dislike the guitar playing on it. I love Black Or White, myself.

Re: Slash Sets the Record Straight About Michael Jackson’s "Black or White": & others news too

i hate when people say the words "gay" :no: i don';t like that word :no:
for meaning of music
music should be about TALENT that's word for it :yes:

What a douche. I get really irritated by big stars who think they're the shit and can say whatever they want.

For the love of God, this is Tabloid stuff. Slash would never say such thing, he doesn't have any reason for that. I don't believe he'd ever say that. ¬¬
And if he really did, I'm very disappointed :(

Last edited:

For the love of God, this is Tabloid stuff. Slash would never say such thing, he doesn't have any reason for that. I don't believe he'd ever say that. ¬¬

I hope you're right.

you never know that is really him sayying that or it was the news people say that :lol:
but that is mean what he say cause he was MJ friend :yes:

It seemed to me that he was referring to the sound of the guitars or the guitar playing as "gay", rather than the whole song itself. Of course, I'm not too sure myself if he was referring to the guitars or the song.

That's what I think, because if you listen to the way he is playing Black or white in the 1995 Mtv VMA, - the solo that goes into Billie Jean - it's not very gay...:cheeky:

Listen here: http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqxVFFjCyj0

Well he played it couple of time.And in 2 concerts from the Dangerous Tour.

Michael was the only person in the showbusiness who never ever said a bad word about any of his fellow artists. Regardless of what they were saying about him. He was always polite and respectful and above them all. They should stop talking and learn from him how to behave.

yea its called being a mature human being & being professional. lol. He even said that he didn't badmouth anyone to Geraldo when he learned Eminem did his mockery of Michael in a video.

Michael was the only person in the showbusiness who never ever said a bad word about any of his fellow artists. Regardless of what they were saying about him. He was always polite and respectful and above them all. They should stop talking and learn from him how to behave.

Yep. Always a class act.

I'm surprised that Slash would use the word "gay" to describe something he did not like. I ain't with that and I'm shocked he couldn't find a DIFFERENT WORD to describe his point.

His behind been in the game long enough to know what is offensive to people. Whether it's Slash or the man in the moon, folks need to take a second and THINK before they speak. It's really not that hard.

I'm not surprised at all. Slash is a media s*ut, who loves the attention. He has always been very immature and childish that's just him. I wouldn't expect him to change either. I have never taken his words seriously.

Here's what Slash really said...I believe the previous article made it out to look more dramatic than it really was.

Slash on Michael Jackson Track
'Black or White' Not him, he claims

Legendary Guns N Roses guitarist Slash has settled a long standing debate, by revealing he did not play on Michael Jackson's 'Black And White'.
As a member of Guns N Roses, Slash became part of the most dangerous rock 'n' roll gang on the planet. Hugely respected for his skills as a guitarist, the leather trouser clad musician has appeared on numerous unusual records.
Teaming up with Bob Dylan for 'Wiggle Wiggle' the guitarist then recorded sessions with Michael Jackson. The King Of Pop's single 'Black Or White' contains a choppy guitar riff, which many assumed was the result of Slash.
However in a recent interview the guitarist denied that the track was his handiwork. Speaking to CNN he claimed: "I never played on (Black Or White')". "If you listen to (the hook), that's gay. I'd never play that."
"I played on 'Give in to Me' (also on 'Dangerous') and in the 'Black and White' video, when Macaulay Culkin was trashing around, that's me playing."
Continuing, Slash paid tribute to Michael Jackson. "Michael Jackson was f--king amazing to watch," Slash told the American broadcaster. "The one thing that Michael really wanted was for somebody to like him and those accusations just sorta just killed him."
"The fact that he was doing downers really makes sense for his lifestyle."
Elsewhere, Slash was happy to talk about his former sparring partner Axl Rose, despite the bad blood between them. "I try not to sit there and say derogative things about his personality, because that is what makes him so great. It's just hard for me to deal with," he said.
"And for some other people to deal with, too".

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/slash-on-michael-jackson-track

He didn't like the guitar piece and wanted to set the record straight that he wasn't the one who composed that particluar piece either because its simply not his style, thats all.
Totally overblown guys.

That said, I'm out.

Last edited:

"The fact that he was doing downers really makes sense for his lifestyle."

^^THAT was uncalled for.

All he had to say to set the record straight was "read the credits on the CD"
I'm only credited for a certain part. This info has always been out there.

Well, all political correctness aside, some things simply are just "gay"... there is no way around it. Even though I wouldn't really classify BoW that (I would say having Fergie sing "Sweet child o' mine" is gay ;) ), I do think it is kinda a bland riff (and I'm not so much referring to the sound as to the actual riff)! When Slash was playing it at MSG it was much more "metal" sounding.... so I guess he was referring to the tone or sound of the guitar!

I hope you're right.

Me too. I hope Slash didn't really say that either. If he did, I'd be very disappointed. Because he is one of my hard rock music idols. He doesn't have to like the song. That's cool with me. But I think to call it "gay" is just a little too over the top for a simple (and opinionated) discription.

Last edited:

lol does Slash have kids? if so poor kids. if mj was around and i had kids i would leave them with him and trust him. There wasn't a bone in that mans body that would hurt or treat a child badly.

I think all the political correctness in this thread is gay.

I think all the political correctness in this thread is gay.

you'd rather be lied to or have half the truth rather then the whole truth?

I don't know, Neo, but I think I'll go make myself a ham sammich while I chew on that one.

Estate lawyers challenge mj tribute band

The executors of Michael Jackson's estate are embroiled in a legal battle with a tribute band - over the right to use the name of the King of Pop' s Neverland Ranch.
Lawyers for the estate recently contacted a Jackson tribute band called Neverland and demanded they change the title, insisting the group's name violates a trademark relating to the late singer's former home in California.
The band members changed their name to Foreverland, but they still own the rights to a web domain called http://www.facebook.com/l/0f2c4;Neverlandsf.com, and have offered to hand the web address back to the estate for a payment of $30,000, according to http://www.facebook.com/l/0f2c4;TMZ.com.
Attorneys representing the estate have refused the deal and have ordered the band to abandon the domain name by February 2011.
Source: PR-Inside

NEW OFFICIAL MICHAEL JACKSON BAD DOLL

Paying tribute to the King of Pop, Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale Michael Jackson collectible figure again, this time depicting his image in his popular hit Bad’s music video in 1987, highlighting the authentic head sculpt, the multi-layered stereoscopic hair sculpture and the highly-detailed costume of his style. A complimentary value-added set of upper outfit portraying his image in the Dirty Diana music video in 1988 is also presented.
The 1/6th scale Michael Jackson (Bad version) collectible specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Michael Jackson in the Bad music video
- Newly developed head sculpt with new make-up
- Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS) and colored Translucent Iris
- Multi-layered stereoscopic hair sculpture
- Slim version of TrueType body with 38 points of articulation
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- One (1) pair of punches, five (5) additional right and two (2) extra left interchangeable and posing palms
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
Costume:
- Two (2) sets of costumes (one (1) set for Bad version and one (1) set of upper outfit in Dirty Diana image)
- Bad costume:
+ Black jacket with buckles, zips and pouches as accessories
+ Black and white tees
+ Black pants with buckles and a red stripe on the left
+ Four (4) belts with buckles (three (3) in black and one (1) in brown)
+ One (1) pair of black shoes with buckles
+ Nine (9) pieces of black gloves with buckles (six (6) for right hands, three (3) for left hands) (right gloves with rivets added)
- Dirty Diana costume:
+ A set of white shirt and tee
Accessory:
- Square-shaped deluxe figure stand with LED lights with Michael Jackson nameplate and M ICON DX series title
Release date: Q2, 2010
Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Lee So Young
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by Yulli
- Figure Costume Made by Namgung Mijin
- Accessory Sculpted by Kouhei Okui
© 2010 Triumph International, Inc, under license to Bravado International Group, manufactured by Hot Toys Ltd.
Click on the link below to see additional details and photos of the doll:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/0f2c4;www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target=products&product_id=500
Source: Hot Toys

DEBBIE ROWE VISITS MICHAEL’S FINAL RESTNG PLACE

Debbie Rowe, the mother of Michael Jackson’s two older children, visited the late King of Pop’s final resting place Thursday.
Wearing dark shades and visibly emotional, Rowe paid a visit to Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, CA. Rowe was granted access to the cemetery, but did not gain access to the mausoleum because of security restrictions that only allow people who are on an approved list to enter.
The emotional gathering occurred at Forest Lawn Memorial Park, where a bunch of Michael Jackson fans meet on the third day of every month and bring cards, gifts and letters from fans around the world.
A source close to Rowe tells ET Rowe still loves Jackson and is continuing to grieve his loss months after his sudden June 25 death.
Click on the link below to watch the clip:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/0f2c4;www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sNxkkbmapg
Source: ET

ALLEGED JACKSON AMBULANCE TAPE IS A HOAX

A paramedic who rushed Michael Jackson to a hospital the day he died said a recording purported to be him calling the emergency room is a fake, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.
A British tabloid posted the recording online, suggesting it was evidence that Jackson had no pulse at the time, contrary to what his personal doctor said.
The audio "has been determined NOT to be the voice of any member of the Los Angeles Fire Department," fire spokesman Brian Humphrey said in a written statement Wednesday.
"The Firefighter/Paramedic who handled communications for that incident has confirmed to LAFD Administration that the voice is not his," Humphrey said.
One initial cause of skepticism about the recording was that the speakers did not use "standard protocol or established practice" followed by professional paramedics when they communicate with hospital staff, Humphrey said.
The Sun newspaper did not reveal the source of the recording, but characterized it as a "911 tape."
The disputed recording features a male, who says he is a paramedic in an ambulance, speaking to a female, who is supposedly at the emergency room of UCLA Medical Center.
"We have a male, 50. Pop star Michael Jackson. Unresponsive, no pulse. Tried to resuscitate him. Unsuccessful. We are en route," the male voice said.
"OK. We'll have doctors standing by," the female voice replied.
"We've done everything we can here in the ambulance. Hopefully, when we get there -- we should be there in five minutes," the male said. "It doesn't look good."
Humphrey said it is routine for paramedics to use a cell phone or a two-way radio to talk to an emergency room as they rush to a hospital, but they "don't normally speak like this in a medical response."
Specifically, the paramedic would not be likely to use a patient's name in the conversation, even if it is a celebrity, Humphrey said.
It would be routine for the hospital to record the conversations for legal reasons, he said.
UCLA Medical Center spokesman Dale Triber Tate said, "There is no way we could authenticate it even if we had patient/estate authorization, which we do not have."
Source: CNN

Museum displays Jackson's home

The British home of Michael Jackson is being recreated for fans with pieces of furniture he personally commissioned going on display.
A luxurious 16ft sofa and a feather-trimmed armchair hand picked for Elizabeth Taylor are among the items the late King of Pop ordered for the Kent mansion he planned to live in during his sell-out concerts in London.
It has taken seven days to ship the furniture from the renowned Colombostile Furniture Company in Italy to Co Kildare where they will go on show on Tuesday.

here is link:http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gEYZuZpfkjcGksikArPZlcCRL7UA

Furniture owned by Michael Jackson goes on display prior to auction

Furniture owned by Michael Jackson goes on display prior to auction

jackson-sofa_1596067i.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pic...goes-on-display-prior-to-auction.html?image=1
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pic...goes-on-display-prior-to-auction.html?image=6

A parcel gilt nine-seat sofa in three pieces of carved solid wood with red velvet button tufted upholstery ordered by Michael Jackson for one of the sets of his 'This Is It' concert series in London. The piece will go on show at Newbridge Silverware's Museum of Style Icons in Co Kildare, Ireland, before being sold by Julien's Auctions in Las Vegas

here is link:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pic...Jackson-goes-on-display-prior-to-auction.html

Damn, Slash I really don't like him anymore first he said that comment about not letting MJ around his kids and now saying B or W guitar part is gay? WHATEVER SLASH go find a career! I am so tired of these so called friends or whatever they were to MJ talking smack! They need to take a good look at them selves! He played the song many times live...so his comment is RIDICULOUS! He say he sober but, he is clearly on CRAZY!

i think Slash drug when he say that :thinking:

I can understand...but gay? Really slash? Honestly? Why?

Gay? :lol: I think Mr Slash doesnt have that mature thoughts. I found the song very straight. Probably Slash fell in love with Michael and now he is sad he never got to tell it to him. Because otherwise there just no point for this.

Ohh please... BLACK OR WHITE IS AN AWESOME SONG!!!

:doh: Slash. Someone needs to learn to speak his words more wisely when it comes to MJ. I mean come on Slash. We all liked you but your mouth keeps getting you deeper and deeper in the crapper. SHUT UP DUDE.

If you don't have anything nice to say - DON'T! :no:

So is he saying that on MTV and MSG he was playing air guitar? If so, that's even gay-er.

LOL Agreed. Why people still feel the need to use that word so freely is beyond me. But at least he said some positive things about Mike.

I don't think anyone ever "needs" to use the word gay to describe something they don't like. I think it just kind of happens because it rolls off the tongue so nicely. I'm sure lots of homosexuals are offended by it, and I'm also sure lots of homosexuals couldn't care less and use it themselves. It's usually used in that context to describe something as being sissy or girly, and it's admittedly not the most "classy" way to call something girly, but what's with people wanting to turn other people into perfect etiquette having robots? Why should everyone always say "it's not my cup of tea"? Why would you want to strip people of their natural personalities to be more like you? There's so much pretentiousness in some of these comments, lol.

I think saying that you have lost ALL respect for a human being because they used the word "gay" in this context (which somebody said above) is ridiculously strong. It also means that you have no respect for me and probably for many people that you interact with in every day life ;).

Another reason the "gay" usage doesn't particularly bother me is because I know that people who find it offensive are the same people who would say something that would be very hurtful to somebody else belonging to some other group. And you wouldn't even realize it because you'd find it just as harmless and light-hearted as I find calling things I don't like "gay."

Back