Daily Weekend News Dec 11 - 13 Man in the Mirror last song at Nobel Peace Prize concert tonight!

mariemarie

Guests
Just got home from the Nobel Peace Prize Award show! At the very end, Will and Jada's Smith kids came on stage and sang Man in the Mirror, (his son did the MJ moves as well) followed by the rest of the artists that were there.

Needless to say, to hear Man in the Mirror being played at this setting, The Nobel Peace Prize, was an incredible, but yet bittersweet experience.

I am happy I was there.

Wyclef Jean and Donna Summer totally rocked the show too!!

Peace and L.O.V.E to everyone!!

(news coming soon)

Re: Daily Weekend News Dec 11 - 13 Man in the Mirror last song at Nobel Peace Prize tonight!

really?

Dec 11 to Dec 13

hi :waving:

i just i post the weekend new cause i didn't see no friend news so i just through i post it is that o.k :D

6958.gif
friday.jpg

MICHAEL JACKSON OPUS SPECIAL EVENT
10th December 2009
Opus will be celebrating the launch of the Official Michael Jackson Opus with an exclusive evening at the Opus Store, Covent Garden, London on the 16th December 2009.
Guests at the event will be able to get a close look at the Official Michael Jackson Opus and order it with a 10% discount on the night.
Evening will include a raffle, giving guests the chance to win a copy of the Official Michael Jackson Opus, as well as other great prizes. Proceeds from the raffle will go to a registered charity.
A large poster of the ‘Dangerous’ album signed by Michael Jackson will also be auctioned on the evening.
The Opus Store will be displaying a series of artworks by Nate Georgio, Michael Jackson’s friend and collaborator, who contributed to the Opus including the artwork which adorns the Opus clamshell.
Spaces at the event are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Click on the link below to register your interest in this event and fill in the form:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/cba04;www.krakenopus.com/family/michaeljackson/event.php
Source: Kranken Opus
---------------------------------------------------------
VOTE FOR ‘THRILLER LIVE’
10th December 2009
‘Thriller Live’ has been nominated for two awards by the What’s On Stage Awards. It’s been nominated under the Best New Musical and Best Choreography categories.
Click on the link below to vote for this great show:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/cba04;www.whatsonstage.com/surveys/fillsurvey.php?sid=29
Source: What’s On Stage
-------------------------------------------------------
MICHAEL JACKSON OPUS PUBLISHED TODAY!
7th December 2009
The new Official Michael Jackson Opus, a 404-page 26-pound masterwork which generated tons of buzz after Kraken Opus announced its planned publication following news of the iconic singer’s death, was published December 7, 2009.
'This Is It' may be considered the ultimate film tribute to the King of Pop, it is very possible that the new Opus is not only the ultimate book tribute to him but also the definitive print documentation of who Jackson truly was as an individual and creative artist. The ten sections of the king-sized title examine different facets of his life, including those that focus on him as a child star, a composer, friend, art lover, and global icon.
The epigram at the beginning of the chapter entitled “Voice” offers the following observation:
“There are so many aspects of Michael Jackson that lit up the world, but at the heart of the pop phenomenon was a simple instrument expertly employed.”
If it was the expert employment of the singer’s voice that launched and sustained a musical reign spanning four decades, it was more likely his belief in a unified and unconditionally loving humanity that drew so many phenomenal souls from all walks of life to both his talent and his vision. Take, for example, the fact that the MJ Opus boasts a foreword by a Jackson legend of a different kind: the brilliant civil and human rights leader, Rev. Jesse L. Jackson. Like the singer, the reverend is no stranger to controversy and is one of the few individuals whose words could place Michael Jackson’s life in an accurate and appreciative context.
In addition to Rev. Jackson, the Opus contains reflective affirmations from singer/TV show hostess Paula Abdul, actress Jane Fonda, dancer Savion Glover, music magnate Barry Gordy, producer Jimmy Jam, director Spike Lee, singer Olivia Newton-John, producer Quincy Jones, NBA star Shaquille O’Neal, singer/composer Lionel Richie, boxing champion Mike Tyson, and numerous others whose lives have helped define culture in the modern era.
The accomplished writers listed as the official authors of the Opus are Serena Kim, Kim Morgan, and Thane Tierney. Ironically, most people are far more familiar with the illustrious superstar contributors. Nevertheless, add to the powerhouse line-up of famous guests the fact that the book contains contributions from fans around the globe, and the extraordinary achievement represented by the Opus becomes more and more apparent.
Source: Examiner
--------------------------------------------------------
HISTORY HEADLINE
CRIMINAL CHARGES IN JACKSON CASE ‘MONTHS’ AWAY
30th November 2009
http://www.facebook.com/l/cba04;lat...ackson-case-not-expected-until-next-year.html
Source: LA Times

Re: Daily Weekend News Dec 11 - 13 Man in the Mirror last song at Nobel Peace Prize tonight!

Today is Friday, December 11, 2009

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1954 - Jermaine La Juane Jackson was born.

1999 - MTV aired "MTV's 100 Greatest Videos Ever Made." Michael Jackson's song "Thriller" came in at #1.

Michael_and_Jermaine.jpg

That was really bittersweet and I did not expect them to pay him a tribute and sing that wonderful song. As soon as I heard the tune I got emotional and I didnt understand what was going on, all I kept thinking was ''this sounds familiar'' and when the girl started singing I lost it. That was beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Im sure we all thought ''Michael deserved that award'' but there isnt much we can do about it, at least his legacy was remembered instead of dismissed at this event and Im glad they kept it to the end, what a beautiful ending to an amazing concert.

Michael knows the meaning of peace.

That was really bittersweet and I did not expect them to pay him a tribute and sing that wonderful song. As soon as I heard the tune I got emotional and I didnt understand what was going on, all I kept thinking was ''this sounds familiar'' and when the girl started singing I lost it. That was beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Im sure we all thought ''Michael deserved that award'' but there isnt much we can do about it, at least his legacy was remembered instead of dismissed at this event and Im glad they kept it to the end, what a beautiful ending to an amazing concert.

Michael knows the meaning of peace.

OMG.... this is amazing and so unexpected!! :eek:
Does anybody have a link to the video of this? I'd love seeing it!
Please!

It's an odd thing, it was very obvious that they were paying tribute to mj by performing that song, even though the concert was supposed to be about obama.... very surprising actually... but beautiful as well.

You can watch the 2nd part of the concert here http://www.cnn.com/live/ but you have to wait quite a while till the ending comes. I just watched the whole thing, and I'll tell you, it was worth the wait :)

I'm sure it'll be on YouTube very soon.

Atlantan helped produce A&E’s “The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty” reality show debuting Dec. 13

Atlanta-based executive producer Jodi Gomes, who has known the Jacksons since the ABC miniseries in 1992, put the show together with Jermaine Jackson. Jermaine convinced Marlon, Jackie and Tito to join him to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Jackson 5’s first hit “I Want You Back.” The quartet had plans for an album and tour...

That first episode at 9 p.m. references Michael’s death at the end. The next hour, to air at 10 p.m., deals with the aftermath...

Michael, she said, was actively involved behind the scenes of the show but had no plans to be on camera. He helped get clearances for the Jackson 5/The Jacksons music you’ll hear. She said he also had ideas for a cool opening for the show but got caught up with his own concert tour that was never to be.

The last time she spoke with Michael was just two days before he died. She had a meal with Jackie (the oldest brother at age 58) in Las Vegas and they were en route back to Los Angeles when they found out about Michael...

Full article:

http://blogs.ajc.com/radio-tv-talk/...es-the-jacksons-reality-show-debuting-dec-13/

I was hoping I could find the Man In The Mirror Clip. Although here are a few pictures from that performence at the
Nobel Peace prize Concert 2009
1260573679508_984.jpg

obj.jpg

objcb.jpg

objvb.jpg

63t00k.jpg

2wnzncx.jpg

153kvm8.jpg

29kpfgk.jpg

301ndld.jpg

1zb7313.jpg

Last edited:
Peace prize

Yesterday it was the peace prize consert to honour the winner. But at the end of the magnificent show, all the artists including the hosts Will and Jada Smith, sang Michael Jacksons song Man in the Mirror..... Will and Jada`s children were there also co-hosting with their parents... Jayden rocked the floor with Michael Jackson moves, it was so great...
I just wanted to share this news....

It was really amazing, they keep on honouring him, i only wish they did this when he was alive....

I´m not sure it really was a tribute to Michael.Didn´t Obama say he used to listen to MJ ?
I think they played man in the mirror for Obama.
However it´s nice they played it.

Re: Peace prize

they should have gave him that prize. not wait untill he died. :( so that they could say it's against rules... they can sing 10000 of his songs ...honoring him should be a bit more than just dancing like him and playing a song. still ...it's a grat thing they did at least that...

Wow I didn't know that! I recorded the show though (for my mum) I have to take a look at it.

:) Thank You so Much mjdove! I've been missing so many things on tv lately. That was Nice.. I really liked seeing the kids singing..and everyone all together. L.O.V.E
Thanks again. :D

So sad, so unfair and at the same time revealing
Give me the impression that everyone knows
Everyone knows who he was
Everyone knows what happened
And no one does anything
He was not indicated (this year)
But to end with everyone singing his beautiful music, which
for me is a hymn of learning,
I think it was more than one prize
Michael was this:
The union of all, children, artists, scientists, presidents,
suits no time for anyone
Victoria to you my angel
You keep fighting for peace
You were there You were there ........
And you always will be in all places where there
people talking in Peace
They killed him when the left still more alive
Will never be forgotten

I love you Michael

I´m not sure it really was a tribute to Michael.Didn´t Obama say he used to listen to MJ ?

With the way Jaden imitaded mj's moves and considering how mj died not too long ago, any song of his played on tv will look more like a tribute to mj than anything else.
The media even referred to that performance as the nobel peace prize's way of giving tribute to mj.
Regardless of the intentions behind using the song, the general impression was "tribute to mj"

That was lovely! Gave me goosebumps! Michael gave so much and never asked for anything in return.. the only thing is, he deserved the NOBEL way more than some of the recent inductees.

No, I don't think he ever said that. On the interview where he talked about Michael, right after his death, he said that he still have Thriller on his IPod. The only negative thing (if you can take it as that) he said is that he thought his life was sad, or have gotten sad, or something like that.
So no, Obama said the opposite actually.

This video just makes me cry, I always cry when a lot of people are singing Michael’s songs. What did make me smile is to see the kids sing it, like the smith’s children and the child of the Norwegian crown prince’s wife.

No, I don't think he ever said that. On the interview where he talked about Michael, right after his death, he said that he still have Thriller on his IPod. The only negative thing (if you can take it as that) he said is that he thought his life was sad, or have gotten sad, or something like that.
So no, Obama said the opposite actually.
no, did you really watch the interview?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3yxqpFY8YM

he said that MJ one of the greatest entertainers of all time, and that he grew up on his music and still has all of his stuff on his iPod

Back