my tribute (at a costume party)

MichaelV

Proud Member
About 2 months ago, I was invited on a cotume party themed "USA". As a MJ fan, I almost instantly decided to dress up as him. Unfortunately, the search for such a costume was definately not easy.. I searched the internet, called, emailed and visited alot of costume shops. (I also started a thread on this forum).
When I finally found a costume, I felt ecstatic.. This would be the best party ever! :dancin:
Until a few days later... June the 25th... :no:
The costume was already ordered, but I tought it would be too painful to wear.. I just could not do it.. :sad: I decided to not cancel the costume (yet), but to first let it all rest. There was still plenty of time before the party (July 18th). Family and friends felt really sorry for me, but they'd respect and understand my decision if I would decide to cancel the costume.
Days and weeks passed, while the number of tributes around the world grew exponentially..
About 10 days before the costume party, I could 'listen' to MJ's music again and a few days later I decided to wear the MJ costume as a tribute. To make the costume more perfect, I also bought a wig, sunglasses, a sparkling glove, a white armband and even put some tape on my fingers ;)
It was really weird when I put on the costume, but it felt "right".
At the party, everybody liked the costume. A few people even thought the resemblance with the real MJ was "freaky"! :) Every few minutes somebody would ask for a picture.. :)
Then the DJ played Smooth Criminal and Billie Jean.. At the first tones I was kinda stunned, but then I did a few MJ moves and everybody went wild :)
Here are a few pictures, I hope you like them...
ikmj.jpg

img2368y.jpg

img2353m.jpg

54081165707177709107878.jpg

img2744blurred.jpg

I'm really glad that I did it!

Your costume looks really nice and you look good in it :) I'm glad for you

Back