MJ Defaults in Raymone Bain Case ($44m)

Status
Not open for further replies.
eric is right in his assumption this time cuz PER THE COURT DOCUMENTS AND PER THE JUDGEMENT mj hasn't rsponded.

To be perfectly clear, there is no "default judgment" yet, only the notice of default. If no concise action happens soon, then the next step would be the filing of the official judgment against him.

Everything Michael Jackson ever gets involved in anymore ends in a lawsuit. Prediction: Michael doesn't fulfill all of the "This Is It" concerts and that ends in a lawsuit.

Look, no one knows why this has happened. We can't speculate on the reasons why or assume how this came to be. We can't make excuses for Michael Jackson either. There is only one known available fact about this entire case and that is Michael Jackson and his attorney did not answer the lawsuit and Raymone Bain won a default judgment against Michael.

*EDIT* I see TSCM's response above. A "notice of default" happened because no one on Michael's side responded. If Michael still doesn't respond a more concise action will happen like the official judgment being filed against him.

MJ has a way of handling this stuff at the very last moment possible..

Everything Michael Jackson ever gets involved in anymore ends in a lawsuit. Prediction: Michael doesn't fulfill all of the "This Is It" concerts and that ends in a lawsuit.

why do you wanna make such a prediction? no matter what, being positive is best. His still being here, and being strong, proves that. His still having a great career and massive fanbase proves that, despite this ish going on for years.

Michael has an accountant does he not? If he has one why doesn't this person help and PAY. I think Michael needs to weed out the stink weed and get a new team. These people aint doing their jobs imo.

Mrs. Bain is a PAIN And he and his family know it.

Ah geez...here's to hoping we hear about his response in the next few days then. I bet Raymone's on tenterhooks. :doh:

I like Michael alot. And this doesn't change the fact that I am a fan. But it is absolutely ridiculous. Michael should have dealt with this a month ago. It's not right for him to let this go. Because it just ends up hurting him. And I hate to see him hurt. I still don't think Raymone should get all that money. That's BS. But still, the fact that nobody from his side seems to have it together yet means that she still has a chance to get what she wants even though to me, she doesn't deserve it. That sickens me to the core because it is so unnecessary. Michael needs to get on the ball and start handling his business. Simple as that.

Last edited:
The judge is not gonna just give Raymone Bain $44 mil of Michael's money. That is too much money. The judge is gonna look at that amount and he is gonna ask her for prove that this money is owed to her. And when she doesn't give that prove, he is gonna reduce her lawsuit greatly. She has claim to monies Michael hasn't decided to earn yet.

And this is shown in the information that MJJMod posted about default judgments. If Michael continues to ignore it, a hearing will be scheduled and Raymone will have to show the judge that she is owed this money. And that shot gun contract she has is not gonna do it. She needs to show specifically how she is owed this amount of money. And that is where the judge is gonna start chipping away at her lawsuit.

Now do I think Michael should have responded? Yes. But maybe he KNOWS that this lawsuit is so ridiculously overblown, he didn't want to even give it his time. Who knows. But I think that Michael knows something....a lot of things....about this issue that the media is not telling us. I am gonna just hold my judgement and see what the outcome will be. But I doubt if Raymone Bain is gonna get $44 mil awarded to her. It just aint gonna happen.

The judge is not gonna just give Raymone Bain $44 mil of Michael's money. That is too much money. The judge is gonna look at that amount and he is gonna ask her for prove that this money is owed to her. And when she doesn't give that prove, he is gonna reduce her lawsuit greatly. She has claim to monies Michael hasn't decided to earn yet.

And this is shown in the information that MJJMod posted about default judgments. If Michael continues to ignore it, a hearing will be scheduled and Raymone will have to show the judge that she is owed this money. And that shot gun contract she has is not gonna do it. She needs to show specifically how she is owed this amount of money. And that is where the judge is gonna start chipping away at her lawsuit.

Now do I think Michael should have responded? Yes. But maybe he KNOWS that this lawsuit is so ridiculously overblown, he didn't want to even give it his time. Who knows. But I think that Michael knows something....a lot of things....about this issue that the media is not telling us. I am gonna just hold my judgement and see what the outcome will be. But I doubt if Raymone Bain is gonna get $44 mil awarded to her. It just aint gonna happen.

i appreciate your other quote, which proves that snap judgement is not a good idea.

"If her guy was never able to serve those papers to Michael, then her default judgment will not be awarded because a prerequisite is that you have to have served the person."

you just went off and told me i have no clue, yet you just used the words 'it seems'. so you really have no clue what's going on, yourself. you're on the outside looking in, too. no one knows what's going on in Michael's camp, right now.
way to pick out a single word in my post and try to exploit it. The fact of the matter is it defaulted. It doesn't matter if MJ ignored it or his lawyer. It is in DEFAULT because the court was never contacted. Do you get it now?

Let me guess........."SETTLEMENT!"

BTW how do you know that MJs security wouldnt let him be subpoenaed?

Is one thing to loose money on court, or by a settlement, but to risk loosing it just because somehow you or your team couldn't be bothered to respond...that's f'ed up.
And when that ammount of money is $44 million, then I simply can't wrap my head around it, it defies all logic and common sense.

why do you wanna make such a prediction? no matter what, being positive is best. His still being here, and being strong, proves that. His still having a great career and massive fanbase proves that, despite this ish going on for years.
Being positive is one thing. You are going beyond being positive. In your eyes MJ can never do wrong and everyone that tries to sue him is wrong and MJ is always right. I hate to break it to you, but that's not the real world. MJ's poop stinks, just like the rest of us mortals.

way to pick out a single word in my post and try to exploit it. The fact of the matter is it defaulted. It doesn't matter if MJ ignored it or his lawyer. It is in DEFAULT because the court was never contacted. Do you get it now?

i'm not going to keep going back and forth with someone who is gunna go beyond the debate and be condescending to me. that's when i'm dealing with an unreasonable atmosphere.

Being positive is one thing. You are going beyond being positive. In your eyes MJ can never do wrong and everyone that tries to sue him is wrong and MJ is always right. I hate to break it to you, but that's not the real world. MJ's poop stinks, just like the rest of us mortals.

you are getting personal. nuff said.

witholding judgement is not the same as being positive or negative. it's called innocent till proven guilty.it's called waiting on the sidelines for the final answer.

i'm not going to keep going back and forth with someone who is gunna go beyond the debate and be condescending to me. that's when i'm dealing with an unreasonable atmosphere.
Then don't try to twist my words to mean something they don't. You are disrespecting me by doing so.

you are getting personal. nuff said.

witholding judgement is not the same as being positive or negative. it's called innocent till proven guilty.it's called waiting on the sidelines for the final answer.
You took it there. If you can't take it, don't dish it out because it will just come back to you.

Then don't try to twist my words to mean something they don't. You are disrespecting me by doing so.

by saying something is 'seems' as opposed to knowing all the facts, is not twisting. it's called being truthful. you don't know. you're outside of it, just like the rest of us. that is truth. not twisting. that's not disrespect.

ENOUGH vncwilliam and Eric... keep it up and you'll get an infraction, irregardless of who's right or wrong.

check out some of the other posts, besides mine, to see that new details are added every minute. you will find out that the judgement cannot be awarded.
It is in default. I don't care who gets what money. I don't give a damn about MJ's pocketbook.

STOP fighting, folks. This one is what it is.

Usually I have no problem with words, but at the moment I'm utterly speechless. Seriously. Something has gone terribly wrong. I don't know what. . but this is NOT good in anyone's book. It is completely confounding that attorneys were not all over this. Papers were not filed. How hard can it BE? That amount of money is . . . . . just too much.

Carry on.

Vic

look tha mama already said cut the bs....so knock it off or infractions will be given. act ur damn ages...gosh

as for this, i find it so funny the same fans will spin things in mj's favour and then other fans will quote it and run w/ it. sure it sounds great but at teh end of the day, mj didn't respond

they treid to serve him, if his guards b locked it, it's not the fault of the process server. the judge awarded the default b/c no action, not even a damn ph one call, from the defense was even given or made. NOTHING

crickets on the other end...so this was done in order to get some action going. u either respond and fight this or u lose ur money. and while u respond, state y u failed to do so in a timely manner.

i wasn't aware we had so many lawyers on the board or people who couldn't understand a simple contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back