Michael Jackson's Vision' DVD Boxed Set Available Everywhere Monday November 22

why the hell would you post that?

9zyog2.jpg

anywhos got mine at 12am the day of release, be4 it was even stocked lol.

Last edited:
You seem to enjoy posting negative articles like this one Moonwalker .Fan - why is that?

I don't know why anyone would post this on a Michael Jackson forum, perhaps you can explain.

You could have found a number of positive reviews if you use Google, it's all so very odd that you seem to choose the most negative you can find. Very odd indeed.

I agree. I noticed this too.

SONY, lazy, lazy, mass releasing an NTSC version worldwide!? Cummon, pathetic.

Yes its great to have all the videos, but I would prefer to own a PAL version as I live in the UK with PAL specific equipment.

It should be news to no one that Michael Jackson, in the midst of becoming musical supernova, also revolutionized what was once treated as a casual marketing tool by most record labels and recording artists: the musical video. Ever-conscious of the power of image, The King of Pop applied the same exacting standards to the visual representations of his songs as he did to the lyrics, production and vocals, transforming them into stunning mini-musicals and movies. Those who are satisfied by occasionally cueing them up via youtube may not see the point of yet another DVD collection, but hardcore MJ fans will certainly enjoy how his masterpieces are restored and re-mastered and in this new three-disc set.

Visions comes in the form of a 6x9 fold-over case and a 30 page book that's encased in a durable plastic sleeve. The cover is created with 18 ‘dancing' photo images, and after a brief forward, each page of the book contains stills or insider shots from each video, with songwriter and album credits, director listings and even the primary production location. Each video begins with an updated montage (the red leather jacket unzips to real "Beat It," an Egyptian motif dissolves into swirling dust before revealing "Remember the Time," etc.), and where fans will really get their money's worth is from the significantly upgraded sound and picture quality: the lines and colors are clearer, taking the viewer back to that magical moment when it was exerienced for the very first time, and the sharper sound provides equal richness and resonance to any dialogue or effects layered on top of the music. This enhances the percussive backbone of "Smooth Criminal," the plaintive, swelling strings in "Childhood" and even for the gospel-tinged "Cry," the only video where MJ makes no appearance, but his grandiose vision for the song is practically tangible, punctuated with atmospheric angles, a melting pot of extras and lush, vivid landscapes, which broaden its scope and impact.

For those who are wondering where The Jacksons are acknowledged, that would be Disc 3: gloriously revitalized versions of "Blame It On the Boogie," "Enjoy Yourself" and thankfully, "Can You Feel It," which, on previous collections, had the music washed out by the voiceover and sound effects---here, however, they're on even keel instead of in competition, which serves to magnify the song's magnanimous message. Also included is the alternate ‘prison version' of "They Don't Care About Us," "Say Say Say," "Why" (his collaboration with Tito's sons, 3T) and the rarely-seen video for the underrated ballad, "One More Chance." The straight-forward storyline----MJ performing in an empty club on chairs and tabletops as an adoring crowd cheers his every move----creates a fitting end.

31 videos, running four and a half hours long, that encompass nearly 40 years of groundbreaking innovation and entertainment. Whether you want to treat yourself or that still-grieving MJ fan in your life, it's indeed worth the time and money to rediscover these incredible Visions. Enthusiastically Recommended.

Michael Jackson - Michael Jackson's Vision (DVD Review)

Read more: Michael Jackson | Review - Michael Jackson's Vision (DVD Review) | SoulTracks - Soul Music Biographies, News and Reviews
(http://www.soultracks.com/michael-jackson-michael-jacksons-vision-review)

By Melody Charles

Read more: Michael Jackson | Review - Michael Jackson's Vision (DVD Review) | SoulTracks - Soul Music Biographies, News and Reviews

IMWhizzle;3094000 said:
It should be news to no one that Michael Jackson, in the midst of becoming musical supernova, also revolutionized what was once treated as a casual marketing tool by most record labels and recording artists: the musical video. Ever-conscious of the power of image, The King of Pop applied the same exacting standards to the visual representations of his songs as he did to the lyrics, production and vocals, transforming them into stunning mini-musicals and movies. Those who are satisfied by occasionally cueing them up via youtube may not see the point of yet another DVD collection, but hardcore MJ fans will certainly enjoy how his masterpieces are restored and re-mastered and in this new three-disc set.

Visions comes in the form of a 6x9 fold-over case and a 30 page book that's encased in a durable plastic sleeve. The cover is created with 18 ‘dancing' photo images, and after a brief forward, each page of the book contains stills or insider shots from each video, with songwriter and album credits, director listings and even the primary production location. Each video begins with an updated montage (the red leather jacket unzips to real "Beat It," an Egyptian motif dissolves into swirling dust before revealing "Remember the Time," etc.), and where fans will really get their money's worth is from the significantly upgraded sound and picture quality: the lines and colors are clearer, taking the viewer back to that magical moment when it was exerienced for the very first time, and the sharper sound provides equal richness and resonance to any dialogue or effects layered on top of the music. This enhances the percussive backbone of "Smooth Criminal," the plaintive, swelling strings in "Childhood" and even for the gospel-tinged "Cry," the only video where MJ makes no appearance, but his grandiose vision for the song is practically tangible, punctuated with atmospheric angles, a melting pot of extras and lush, vivid landscapes, which broaden its scope and impact.

For those who are wondering where The Jacksons are acknowledged, that would be Disc 3: gloriously revitalized versions of "Blame It On the Boogie," "Enjoy Yourself" and thankfully, "Can You Feel It," which, on previous collections, had the music washed out by the voiceover and sound effects---here, however, they're on even keel instead of in competition, which serves to magnify the song's magnanimous message. Also included is the alternate ‘prison version' of "They Don't Care About Us," "Say Say Say," "Why" (his collaboration with Tito's sons, 3T) and the rarely-seen video for the underrated ballad, "One More Chance." The straight-forward storyline----MJ performing in an empty club on chairs and tabletops as an adoring crowd cheers his every move----creates a fitting end.

31 videos, running four and a half hours long, that encompass nearly 40 years of groundbreaking innovation and entertainment. Whether you want to treat yourself or that still-grieving MJ fan in your life, it's indeed worth the time and money to rediscover these incredible Visions. Enthusiastically Recommended.

Now that's better!

Perhaps Moanwalker.Fan couldn't find this review when he was searching? (winky)

I've got mine. It's good enough based on what it is: a big collection of music videos. I wan't overly impressed. Leave Me Alone, Come Together, Speed Demon and Smooth Criminal are poor transfers... the versions on Moonwalker are cropped, but the quality is much better.

Remember The Time and Who Is It don't look nearly as good as I had hoped.

Other videos do seem to look better though. The sound is nice, though a 5.1 track would have been appreciated.

Lack of extras is disappointing, there's plenty of behinds the scenes material that could and should have been on here.

That said, believe it or not, those are minor complaints and I'd still recommend it as a purchase to keep or for a gift.

I can't wait to get mine! Ordered from Amazon.com to my parents address. Have just checked and it's still in the US! Hopefully, it will arrive within next two days and I will finally get it on Sunday when I visit my parents yay!

Just to warn everyone (as someone usefully deleted my thread attempting to let everyone know!) please be aware that the UK release is NTSC region 0. Now in theory all DVD players can play this BUT if you have an older TV chances are it won't work or will look awful.
Note - some PAL blu ray players won't play NTSC DVDs!!

IMWhizzle;3094000 said:

By Melody Charles

Thank you. Not every journalist has lost his mind and sense (or is corrupted, cynical)....

this is ridiculous, its not even released here in Portugal, i went yesterday to fnac, and theres no sign of it, they dont even have any date when its going to be available.... what a shame. when this is it was released, it was here the same day as all the world.

Just to warn everyone (as someone usefully deleted my
attempting to let everyone know!) please be aware that the UK release is NTSC region 0. Now in theory all DVD players can play this BUT if you have an older TV chances are it won't work or will look awful.

Again? You're insistent.

Probably someone deleted your thread because you had already posted the same thing here. .

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3093999&postcount=1536

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Did you choose free shipping? Or did you pay for first class postage?

Free shipping. I chose that as when I pre-ordered TII from Amazon with free shipping it was here before release. Oh well never mind, I'll have to shove on my Number Ones!

EDIT: Two minutes after I write this post guess what turns up!

Just to warn everyone (as someone usefully deleted my thread attempting to let everyone know!) please be aware that the UK release is NTSC region 0. Now in theory all DVD players can play this BUT if you have an older TV chances are it won't work or will look awful.

there are no Pal blu-ray players.
Blu-ray movies have a framerate of 23.976 = NTSC.
What blu-ray discs have is Region Coding.
Many blu-ray discs, like releases from Warner are region code free.
And if some of you have problems with the playback of this dvds, it has to do with the settings on your flat-tv.
It not unusual that companies release only one version of the dvds anymore.
in 2003 it wasn't common that dvd-players can play pal and ntsc discs. But now every dvd player is able to play both systems.
And if your blu-ray player isn't accepting ntsc dvd, it's because your player isn't Multi-region player. Search the net how you can set your player to be region free. In most cases it's code-number that you have to give in some hiden menu or something. or in worst cases a modified firmware.

Plase, stop blaming Sony for every kind of sh*t. they are screwing Michaels music, but in this case, they are thinking globaly, like any other record company.

Last edited:
Many blu-ray disc releases like from Warner are region code free.
And if some of you have problems with the playback of this dvds, it has to do with the settings on your flat-tv.
in 2003 it wasn't common that dvd-players can play pal and ntsc discs. But now every dvd player is able to play both systems.
And if your blu-ray player isn't accepting ntsc dvd, it's because your player isn't Multi-region player. Search the net how you can set your player to be region free. In most cases it's code-number that you have to give in some hiden menu or something.

Being the blu ray disc is region free & my ps3 being NTSC I shouldn't have a problem? My tv is four years old I'm pretty sure the manual said pal & NTSC.

Many blu-ray discs, like releases from Warner are region code free.
And if your blu-ray player isn't accepting ntsc dvd, it's because your player isn't Multi-region player. Search the net how you can set your player to be region free. In most cases it's code-number that you have to give in some hiden menu or something. or in worst cases a modified firmware.

Plase, stop blaming Sony for every kind of sh*t. they are screwing Michaels music, but in this case, they are thinking globaly, like any other record company.

Of course blu-ray is 23.976 fps but this is not called NTSC, I think. NTSC=29.970 fps if I remember correctly (and PAL=25 fps). Sorry for being technical

Of course blu-ray is 23.976 fps but this is not called NTSC, I think. NTSC=29.970 fps if I remember correctly (and PAL=25 fps). Sorry for being technical

It's true. Sorta. Kinda. Long story short? You're both right. For sake of argument - most blurays are 24p which is then pulled down to 23.976 and...

...on second thought lets not get into this. it only makes my brain hurt.

Has anyone noticed that there is no sound for the first few seconds of the Will You Be There video?

Being the blu ray disc is region free & my ps3 being NTSC I shouldn't have a problem? My tv is four years old I'm pretty sure the manual said pal & NTSC.
I don't have ps3. But from what i've know if the BD disc is region free, it shoudnt have problem on ps3.
Yes, but you must set the input signal to auto, so the tv can recognize it when you play pal signals and ntsc. else the ntsc would be upcaled wrong and you get jutter.

I don't have ps3. But from what i've know if the BD disc is region free, it shoudnt have problem on ps3.
Yes, but you must set the input signal to auto, so the tv can recognize it when you play pal signals and ntsc. else the ntsc would be upcaled wrong and you get jutter.

Ok, thanks. :)

just going to order mine now. not that i have a dvd player! or can bare to watch it. but its there for the future and i only have the videos on VHS so its not like i already have them on that format

inregards to the pathetic "reviews" that a certain poster has a habit of posting. i suggest ppl use the report button as just replying in the thread doesnt do anything. this poster has a habit for many years of posting B.S about mj. all these reviews show is the hate and racism these arseholes in the media have. not surprising coming from the white middle class telegrah that would give a mcartney album that sang the phone book 5 stars. still jealous even now. how pathetic

Back