New OFFICIAL MJ single - Hold My Hand (update pg.1)

i live in the bay area, cali usa n i still havent heard it on one station.. anyone else from norther cali heard it at all??

-Dal

A message from the estate regarding HMH on youtube.

The removal of the video from the official YouTube channel was removed by YouTube accidentally in a sweep of copyrighted MJ material today due to the release of incorrectly labeled and credited music on MJStar.com.*That video link was likely the source for MJStar.com’s posting so the IFPI pulled it down in error.* This should be straightened out tomorrow and it will then be back up.

Does anybody have any idea how HMH is doing in the charts. I just checked Itunes Ireland and it's only 45 but i don't know if it is officially released here yet.

Gaz;3085886 said:
A message from the estate regarding HMH on youtube.

The removal of the video from the official YouTube channel was removed by YouTube accidentally in a sweep of copyrighted MJ material today due to the release of incorrectly labeled and credited music on MJStar.com.*That video link was likely the source for MJStar.com’s posting so the IFPI pulled it down in error.* This should be straightened out tomorrow and it will then be back up.

Yay it will be bck on tomorrow

And this is the reason why MJstar needs to be shut down. they have no good interests in MJ as far as I'm concerned. They've been nothing but a problem for years now.

Just checking UK radio airplay.

HMH has been played 39 times since Monday.
Galaxy regional stations has played it the most, 20 times (most is South Coast).
Followed by BBC Radio 2 who has played it 10 times.

Capital FM, Smooth Radio Glasgow, Choice FM and Glide FM have played it.

I have to say, 39 plays is very disappointing.
Most new songs of current artists do 500 -1000 plays in a week.

:-/

I just don't know whats going on. I think Sony/Estate doesn't really care about promo, they are just relying on all the fans to buy the album when it comes out.

Canadian airplay has been very low as well. The big Toronto stations are virtually ignoring the song, and have only played it each 3-4 times since Monday. I thought this single would take off more than it has. Despite the positive reaction to HMH, radio doesn't like it. They played Wanna Be Startin Somethin 2008 more than this, it's sad. I don't see why though, Hold My Hand is radio friendly, fits into their time requirements, etc. Maybe they just have no interest in MJ since he is dead now.

I don't think HMH is that strong, to be honest. I always said they should have started with something like "Another day". Sony are screwing up big time with the promotion so far.

I think it is good but you guys have to understand Canada US UK will not play it unless it goes big on itunes showing people have interest!!!

Canadian airplay has been very low as well. The big Toronto stations are virtually ignoring the song, and have only played it each 3-4 times since Monday. I thought this single would take off more than it has. Despite the positive reaction to HMH, radio doesn't like it. They played Wanna Be Startin Somethin 2008 more than this, it's sad. I don't see why though, Hold My Hand is radio friendly, fits into their time requirements, etc. Maybe they just have no interest in MJ since he is dead now.

...it's so sad.....it's disheartening :(

HMH is a nice song, but I have no idea why Sony chose this as their lead single with songs like Monster and Another Day on the album (not to mention possibly others we haven't heard).

Shades of starting Invincible with You Rock my World over Unbreakable or Whatever Happens. Sony made a poor choice, I just hope that doesn't keep them from releasing other singles at all. I'm worried they won't even release Monster at this point, even though I think it has smash potential.

I'm surprised it's not higher, but there's 2 reasons from what I can see.

1. The majority of music on Radio is shite; here today, gone tomorrow 'R&B' lite crap that no-one will remember in 12 months.

2. Hold My Hand is nice and it's lovely to hear Mike again, but it's in no way exciting enough to make radio stations sit up and take notice. Most of us have said before but it should have been a funky, upbeat stormer as the 'comeback' single. A wasted opportunity in my eyes.

Just checking UK radio airplay.

HMH has been played 39 times since Monday.
Galaxy regional stations has played it the most, 20 times (most is South Coast).
Followed by BBC Radio 2 who has played it 10 times.

Capital FM, Smooth Radio Glasgow, Choice FM and Glide FM have played it.

I have to say, 39 plays is very disappointing.
Most new songs of current artists do 500 -1000 plays in a week.

:-/

I just don't know whats going on. I think Sony/Estate doesn't really care about promo, they are just relying on all the fans to buy the album when it comes out.

Comparmyradio.com shows 50 plays (HMH is listed more than once - 39 under one heading and 11 under another showing different stations) but it's inaccurate. It doesn't show any plays for bbc radio1 at all, which I know is inaccurate. Kinda makes me doubt it.

http://comparemyradio.com/search.php?q=hold+my+hand

I think its still early days we cant even buy the single yet. If it goes into top 5 in the charts it will get played more.

After Monday and Tuesday, HMH hasn't really been played here either :( Even though listeners have liked it and it's high on iTunes.. I have requested it, hopefully they'll play it tomorrow :)

I've heard it twice since Monday, and considering I hardly listen to the radio, I'd say that was pretty good...

Back