Update: Behind the Scenes on Jan 28th 8PM ET OWN Channel / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

Will you watch the Oprah interview

• Yes

Votes: 87 70.7%
  • No I don't feel right about watching

Votes: 36 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

Outside the US everybody knows her but nobody cares.

Funny you should mention that. I remember when Oprah recently traveled out of the country in order to campagain for the Olympics (I think it was for the Olympics) to come to Chicago and she really thought her being present would matter on a WORLD STAGE. At the time I thought to myself: "Dorothy you ain't in Kanasas anymore." LOL!

And in my opinion, she got knocked down a few pegs, because Chicago was voted out in the FIRST round of votes.

AngieJ;3027555 said:
Winfrey lands President Bush, Jackson's parents

CHICAGO – Former President George W. Bush and Michael Jackson's parents are among the big names "The Oprah Winfrey Show" has booked for the November ratings sweeps.

Harpo Productions released a schedule Friday, including a show featuring Bush discussing his memoir, "Decision Points," on Nov. 9 — the day of its release.

No date was given for the Jacksons' interview. The production company says Katherine Jackson will talk about her son's life from childhood stardom to his death. She'll be joined by her husband, Joe Jackson.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101022/ap_en_tv/us_winfrey_sweeps

JOE?! Yikes!

Funny you should mention that. I remember when Oprah recently traveled out of the country in order to campagain for the Olympics (I think it was for the Olympics) to come to Chicago and she really thought her being present would matter on a WORLD STAGE. At the time I thought to myself: "Dorothy you ain't in Kanasas anymore." LOL!

And in my opinion, she got knocked down a few pegs, because Chicago was voted out in the FIRST round of votes.

Yeah that was embarrasing. Britain had David Beckham who's well known on a world wide scale, not just majorly in one country. Oprah is well known yes of course but as Elusive head outside the US she doesn't matter. In the UK her show is aired in some small satellite channel way down the EPG.

I wonder if any of the other family members will be interviewed, like cousins or nephews..or will it just be Katherine and Joe for the full hour

I was around when Michael was going through all the pain - before, during and after the trial. I was a very active member of MJNO before it was shut down and migrated to this forum with many that call MJJC home today.

There is nothing in my above post that bashes "MJ fans". I simply have an issue with every single thread being derailed by unnecessary hatred. If it's not new album threads being hijacked by hatred of Sony, or any of the thousand other gripes that seem to completely transform perfectly normal and respectable threads, it's people that try to make sense or understanding of a topic being labelled as "bashing MJ fans".

I'll also mention that while I fully agree that anything Michael Jackson related receives increased media attention and public awareness, Oprah's show is more than just that, love her or hate her. In Australia (where I come from), a large section of the media was praising the New South Wales State Governments decision to pay the woman millions to visit our country and host a show here. Not only is this rare that the actions of my State Government was praised by the media, it was hailed as an act of marketing genius. Her show reaches a global audience of millions, regardless of the topic, all over the world. The reach of the "Oprah" brand is so wide, that the few million that it cost our Government to fund her trip to our country will be recouped by the millions in tourism dollars as a result of the special.

This is why I mentioned what I did, not to bash anyone. Quite frankly to say that is insulting.

it's true. you bashed them. you said they bash everything on earth, and you use hyperinflammatory words, like hijacked, and gripe, etc. that's bashing and hate. also, being an active member means nothing. haters are active members. you can be an active member and do a lot of derailing. nor is your assertion of hatred, true. criticism and protection of MIchael is not hatred. saying what sony did to him is not hatred. it is what they did to him. mentioning it is not hatred, it's expression of pain for what Michael went through. if Michael Jackson got interviewed by Ellen Degerneres it would get the same massive attention. and maybe you should wait till Oprah does the special, before you predict what your country will recoup. it hasn't happened yet. and tell me, why is Oprah's show ending, and why is her rating declining in the usa?

Last edited:

Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound
Will she also be 'Oprah' gagged?!:D

f6f256a1.jpg

anyone here who thinks she is influential outside the US doesn't think right, the woman wasn't let in in one of the boutiques in Paris a couple of years ago, they didn't recognize her.

anyone here who thinks she is influential outside the US doesn't think right, the woman wasn't let in in one of the boutiques in Paris a couple of years ago, they didn't recognize her.

well, people who know they are reaching, in order to defend Oprah, are willing to act like they know what's going on inside a country, in which they don't live. here in the usa, viewership is declining. that's why she's retiring. that's just a hard fact. i haven't seen her show in years, outside any interview having to do with MJ, and, ususally, in my neighborhood, all the people have Judge Judy on their tv's, at the Oprah time.

and oprah made it a demand that she wouldn't talk abuot things or people she didn't like, when her ratings were still reasonable from the fallout of having interviewed MJ. it's clear from the questions she asked about pedophilia, she doesn't like him, and she's envious of him. so, she is doing these interviews out of ratings desperation. and she's giving into the demands of other people on smaller networks..a sure indicator that she is no longer in control, and is desperate for money. there is no way, a person can give into the demand of making too many apperances, when they wanted to retire, unless, they are losing money. there was a time, when people couldn't demand all this from her, when things were going really well. that time is gone.

Last edited:

The Library Room is quite Beautiful.
(chauny @ Oct 22 2010, 08:32 PM) From the KOP.
Promo Photo Released to the Press via Harpo.

capt.134bdb50d9a440dfad80631bc1a63c25-134bdb50d9a440dfad80631bc1a63c25-0.jpg

Katherine Jackson

In this photo taken Oct. 9, 2010 in Los Angeles, Katherine Jackson, mother of the late king of pop Michael Jackson, and Oprah Winfrey pose at the filming of an interview in which Jackson reflects on the life of her son from his childhood superstardom to recounting the day he passed away. The interview will air on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' sometime in November

UNBELIEVABLE. That family is really a waste of time:

Twitter JackieJackson5:

# f you wanna know who was MY Teenage Heart Throb, watch the show Nov 4th! about 9 hours ago via TweetDeck

# Just finished taping the Oprah show. The show is about Teenage Heart Throbs - & I was Oprah's! We had lots of fun - watch the show Nov 4th about 9 hours ago via TweetDeck

So there are two more Jackson related specials Oprah is having then? One with Jackie Jackson on her teenage Heartthrob special (why, Jackie...WHY?! O_O) and the other with with Katherine Jackson?

Now, I can get Katherine wanting to set the record straight about MJ to the slow public!

But, what does Jackie going on a date with Oprah going do for MJ's legacy? Cause this is all about Mj right...? Maybe for Katherine only! SMH

But, others are self serving! IMO!

Last edited:

Yes, I think so.

So there are two more Jackson related specials Oprah is having then? One with Jackie Jackson on her teenage Heartthrob special (why, Jackie...WHY?! O_O) and the other with with Katherine Jackson?

Now, I can get Katherine wanting to set the record straight about MJ to the slow public!

But, what does Jackie going on a date with Oprah going do for MJ's legacy? Cause this is all about Mj right...? Maybe for Katherine only! SMH

But, others are self serving! IMO!

Do I hear wedding bells for Jackie and Oprah. Just kidding, but seriously..........

Twitter JackieJackson5:

# f you wanna know who was MY Teenage Heart Throb, watch the show Nov 4th! about 9 hours ago via TweetDeck

# Just finished taping the Oprah show. The show is about Teenage Heart Throbs - & I was Oprah's! We had lots of fun - watch the show Nov 4th about 9 hours ago via TweetDeck

Oprah just tweeted:

.OMG! Just had a SURPRISE date with Jackie Jackson. My teen idol hearthrob. Tried not to talk too much or eat too much. Succeeded at neither!
about 1 hour ago via OpenBeak

:bugeyed

Please, please tell me this is a cruel joke!?!?

Now who's left to be on her show? LaToya, Marlon, Jermaine, Rebbie....

Winfrey lands President Bush, Jackson's parents

CHICAGO – Former President George W. Bush and Michael Jackson's parents are among the big names "The Oprah Winfrey Show" has booked for the November ratings sweeps.

Harpo Productions released a schedule Friday, including a show featuring Bush discussing his memoir, "Decision Points," on Nov. 9 — the day of its release.

No date was given for the Jacksons' interview. The production company says Katherine Jackson will talk about her son's life from childhood stardom to his death. She'll be joined by her husband, Joe Jackson.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101022/...winfrey_sweeps
<!-- / message -->

And there is a reason why no air date has been given......she is gonna hype this thing up as MAJOR GET! just watch and see.

His children duty is not to defend him. Not now. Only when they grow up. They should not be stimulated and encouraged to want to go to those shows. Adults can do that subtly, then they come saying ' but the children asked for it'
You are so right.

I start to hate them ALL! Exceptionally of course his kids.

The poor children. I hope they will not go this way ....

Jackie on Oprah's heartthrob show? Obviously, it's cuz Jackie was OPRAH'S crush back when she was a teenager...Remember she mentioned that in her interview with Michael? (just a little side note)

I'm curious to see what the interview with Katherine will be like....

Prediction:During the Oprah interview, Katherine and Joe Jackson will talk mostly about how they miss Michael Jackson, love his children...

BUT, unfortunately, they have not been able to get their hands on the money Michael Jackson left his children.
girlsigh.gif

Lol.

No one of the Jacksons would be with Oprah if Mike WAS alive.

They can't do nothing by themself. They are just brothers, sisters and parents of MICHAEL JACKSON.

That's their life. Brother or sister or parent.

Sad for them.

Lol.

They can't do nothing by themself. They are just brothers, sisters and parents of MICHAEL JACKSON.

Sad for them.
A very BIG AMEN to this!!!!! They were destined to be just that and nothing more, :clapping::better::better::clapping::clapping:

I agree Diplomate :yes:

That's what relatives get when they share the DNA with the biggest musical genius of our time. I really hope/wish Michael's children don't go through the same situation like their relatives.

I just saw a commecial for Oprah's Nov shows and katherine wasn't shown. They showed Marie Osmond, George Bush, Barbra Streisand etc but nothing about Katherine and Joe. I thought they might have shown them.

Lol.

Sad for them.

Thats quote of the day lol :punk:

Michael drew this!!!
68760_449962898212_43921468212_5318814_6870207_n.jpg

71700_449961038212_43921468212_5318792_7603865_n.jpg

WAOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

MARTIN LUTHER KING!

Mike was a fucking genius!

But to see this bitch in his home, I'm sorry, I can't , I really can't accept that!

Back