Ubisoft / Estate announce new Michael Jackson Video Game - see posts 88 - 111 -167

Re: Exciting news for Michael Jackson fans will be announced this evening at 6:30pmPT

If it's that video game, it sounds really cool!

Re: Exciting news for Michael Jackson fans will be announced this evening at 6:30pmPT

New Michael Jackson Video Game for Xmas
Originally posted 6 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson is still on the cutting edge of technology -- TMZ has learned the King of Pop is set to star in a new revolutionary video game ... and the people in charge of MJ's estate are totally on board.

The game -- currently untitled -- will essentially be "dance karaoke" ... which means gamers will see Michael Jackson dancing on screen and will then be challenged to imitate his moves.

The game will be available on multiple platforms including Wii and Xbox 360. The Xbox version will incorporate Microsoft's new Kinect motion capture technology -- which will allow the gamer to play without holding a controller.

Also in the Xbox version, the gamer will be judged based on full body movements. The game will process the movements and display the gamer's avatar on screen ... dancing right next to MJ.

And there's more -- the game also includes a karaoke feature, in which gamers can sing MJ songs like "Billie Jean" ... and even mess around with their voice thanks to an autotune feature.

The game is being developed by Ubisoft -- the same people behind Assassin's Creed and Ghost Recon -- and we're told Ubisoft properly secured permission from the MJ estate ... so it's all legit.

The game is scheduled to hit shelves sometime before Christmas.

:wild: Whoa, that does sound cool!

So Klein was right, MJ does Wii in public! lol

Ubisoft's E3 conference is on now. Will it be shown there?

Hopefully they package a game/album deal for xmas time to boost sales of both releases :)

I hate video games, but I'm excited that gamers will have this available to them. Go MJ!

TMZ likes to spill the beans.....in fact its their job.

Please stop complaining.

If the announcement was a new album nobody would be complaining and saying they are distract us.

I hope the announcement is a new game. I love games.

I love games too and if it's about Michael I love them double!

What they should do is re-release the Moonwalker video game. Alot of the old classic games are being brought back on Nintendo DS, Wii, Xbox and the PS3....I would love to have a PS3 version of Moonwalker

New Michael Jackson Video Game for Xmas
Originally posted 6 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson is still on the cutting edge of technology -- TMZ has learned the King of Pop is set to star in a new revolutionary video game ... and the people in charge of MJ's estate are totally on board.

The game -- currently untitled -- will essentially be "dance karaoke" ... which means gamers will see Michael Jackson dancing on screen and will then be challenged to imitate his moves.

The game will be available on multiple platforms including Wii and Xbox 360. The Xbox version will incorporate Microsoft's new Kinect motion capture technology -- which will allow the gamer to play without holding a controller.

Also in the Xbox version, the gamer will be judged based on full body movements. The game will process the movements and display the gamer's avatar on screen ... dancing right next to MJ.

And there's more -- the game also includes a karaoke feature, in which gamers can sing MJ songs like "Billie Jean" ... and even mess around with their voice thanks to an autotune feature.

The game is being developed by Ubisoft -- the same people behind Assassin's Creed and Ghost Recon -- and we're told Ubisoft properly secured permission from the MJ estate ... so it's all legit.

The game is scheduled to hit shelves sometime before Christmas.

Will this not be on PS3? I thought it would be because of Sony.

Motion capture technology dancing sounds like the perfect MJ game to me!

They could make it into a Dance Dance Revolution game for the PS3...or even a Rockband or a Guitar Hero....now that would be sweeeeeeeeeeet!

I would cream myself if I had the chance to play something like Give Into Me or Black Or White on Guitar Hero. LMAO

They could make it into a Dance Dance Revolution game for the PS3...or even a Rockband or a Guitar Hero....now that would be sweeeeeeeeeeet!

I always thought a MJ Guitar Hero would be great.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127844750

Jackson Fans Will Moonwalk In Motion-Sensing Game

by The Associated Press

2_Games_Michael_Jackson.sff_300.jpg

Enlarge Associated Press This image provided by Ubisoft on Monday, June 14, 2010 shows action from a new, unnamed video game featuring Michael Jackson. The as-yet-unnamed game will be among the first to use new motion-detecting camera systems to be released this holiday season for Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3.

2_Games_Michael_Jackson.sff.jpg

Associated Press This image provided by Ubisoft on Monday, June 14, 2010 shows action from a new, unnamed video game featuring Michael Jackson. The as-yet-unnamed game will be among the first to use new motion-detecting camera systems to be released this holiday season for Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3.

1_Games_Michael_Jackson.sff_300.jpg

Enlarge Associated Press This image provided by Ubisoft on Monday, June 14, 2010 shows action from a new, unnamed video game featuring Michael Jackson. The as-yet-unnamed game will be among the first to use new motion-detecting camera systems to be released this holiday season for Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3.

1_Games_Michael_Jackson.sff.jpg

Associated Press This image provided by Ubisoft on Monday, June 14, 2010 shows action from a new, unnamed video game featuring Michael Jackson. The as-yet-unnamed game will be among the first to use new motion-detecting camera systems to be released this holiday season for Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3.

text size A A A
LOS ANGELES June 14, 2010, 08:54 pm ET
Michael Jackson fans will be able to moonwalk next to the King of Pop in a new video game to be released this holiday season by Ubisoft Entertainment.
The as-yet-unnamed game will be among the first to use new motion-detecting camera systems to be available later this year for Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3. The announcement was made Monday at the E3 video game show in Los Angeles.
The game will also work with hand-held controllers on Nintendo's Wii and on the smaller Nintendo DS and PSP portable console from Sony.
The game's launch will roughly coincide with the planned sale of a new album containing unreleased Jackson recordings in November.
Ubisoft marketing vice president Tony Key says as part of the game, players will learn how to mimic the late Jackson's signature moves. Key says, "You are going to learn to moonwalk."

Last edited:

We heard about this years ago and Michael was actually recording new material for the game so fingers crossed :)

2gamesmichaeljacksonsff.jpg

1gamesmichaeljacksonsff.jpg

btw TMZ actually referred to MJ as the KOP and not the former KOP

It puts a damper on the exciting news...Michael is not here to share this with us.:(

btw TMZ actually referred to MJ as the KOP and not the former KOP

Omg isnt that amazing.....NOT LOL

CEO of Ubisoft is showing 3 new projects they are working on at the press conference

It's so innovative! I love it and I want it!

I would cream myself if I had the chance to play something like Give Into Me or Black Or White on Guitar Hero. LMAO

I want a level/mission type game, like Moonwalker

Back