VERY GOOD article on Chandler Suicide and the Media

babykinsilk05

Proud Member
Just type this name (Charles Thomson) in google and his BLOG (where this is written) will come up.

Chandler Suicide Highlights Media Bias Against Jackson
by Charles Thomson

When it emerged yesterday that two weeks go Evan Chandler, father of Jordan Chandler, shot himself in the head, few tears were shed despite the media’s best efforts to eulogise him.

Most media outlets are touting Chandler as ‘the father of the boy who accused Jackson of child molestation’. Wrong. Chandler was the father who accused Jackson of molesting his son.

The initial allegations against Jackson were made not by Jordan Chandler but by his father Evan, in spite of Jordan’s insistence that Jackson never touched him inappropriately, a stance that the boy maintained for several months.

Relations between the boy’s father and Jackson had soured in early 1993 when Evan asked the popstar to build him a house and Jackson politely declined. A failed screenwriter, Chandler contacted Jackson shortly afterwards and asked him to negotiate three scriptwriting deals on his behalf. If Jackson did not comply, he said, he would accuse him of molesting his son. Jackson didn’t comply – and the rest is history.

As revealed by Mary Fischer in her 1994 GQ article ‘Was Michael Jackson Framed?’ – Jordan Chandler only claimed to have been molested by Jackson after Evan – a dentist by trade – plied him with a mind-bending drug called sodium amytal, which is known to induce false memory syndrome.

Even once Jordan Chandler began to toe his father’s line, his testimony was so unconvincing that DA Tom Sneddon took his case to three separate grand juries and none of them allowed him to bring charges against Michael Jackson. Contrary to widely reported myth, Jordan Chandler did not accurately describe Jackson’s genitals. Among other inaccuracies, he claimed that Jackson was circumcised while police photographs proved that he was not.

Unsurprisingly, none of this information has made its way into the mainstream media’s reportage of Evan Chandler’s death. Instead, Chandler’s suicide is seen as another opportunity to sling mud at Michael Jackson and perpetuate the same, tired old myths about the 1993 allegations – particularly with regard to the settlement.

News outlets the world over are once more reporting that in 1994 Jackson paid the Chandlers a settlement. This is total fiction.

Court documents from the time state clearly that Jackson’s insurance carrier “negotiated and paid the settlement over the protests of Mr Jackson and his personal legal counsel.”

Jackson didn’t even agree with the settlement, let alone pay it.
Amongst the publications that rehashed this age old nonsense was The Sun, to which I often contribute as a Michael Jackson expert. I was contacted yesterday and asked to provide information about Evan Chandler and the 1993 allegations, which I did. However, none of my information was used – most likely because it reflected too well on Jackson. Myths that imply Jackson’s guilt are evidently more important than truths which exonerate him.

Noticing that The Sun’s article on Chandler’s suicide contained several factual inaccuracies (most promintently that Jordan initiated the claims of molestation and that Jackson paid the family a settlement) I contacted two members of staff at the newspaper – my usual contact and the journalist who wrote the article. Neither email was replied and the article was not changed.

Elsewhere, The Mirror ranked several places higher on the adbsurdity scale as it attempted to portray Chandler as a martyr of some kind. ‘Michael Jackson sex case dad Evan Chandler wanted justice but ended up destroyed’, read the headline.

Justice?

If Evan Chandler had wanted justice, why did he contact Jackson and ask for a three-movie script deal before he went to the police? If he wanted justice, why did he accept a settlement from Jackson’s insurance carrier?
Indeed, the settlement included a clause which stated that accepting the payment in lieu of a civil trial would not affect the family’s ability to testify in a criminal case. So if Evan Chandler wanted justice, why didn’t he allow the police to press ahead with their investigation?

The headline, along with much of the article, is nonsense.

Having taken Jackson’s insurance carrier for just under $15million (not the $20million usually alluded to by the press), in 1996 Evan Chandler tried to sue Jackson for a further $60million after claiming that the star’s album HIStory was a breach of the settlement’s confidentiality clause. In addition to trying to sue Jackson, Chandler requested that the court allow him to produce a rebuttal album called EVANstory.

Yes, really.

So the man who The Mirror claims only ‘wanted justice’ thought that the best course of action after the initial media storm died down would be to release an album of music about the supposed abuse of his pre-pubescent son.

The Mirror alluded to the fact that relations between Jordan and his parents were strained after 1993, but laid the blame at Jackson’s door, claiming that the trauma of the case had driven them apart.

In actuality, Jordan Chandler went to court when he was 16 and gained legal emancipation from both of his parents. When called to appear at Jackson’s 2005 trial, he refused to testify against his former friend. Had he taken the stand, Jackson’s legal team had a number of witnesses who were prepared to testify that Jordan – who now lives in Long Island under an assumed name – had told them in recent years that he hated his parents for what they made him say in 1993, and that Michael Jackson had never touched him.

The evidence surrounding the 1993 allegations overwhelmingly supports Michael Jackson’s innocence. It is for this reason that during the lengthy investigation, which continued for many months before Jackson’s insurance carrier negotiated a settlement, Michael Jackson was never arrested and he was never charged with any crime.

The evidence overwhelmingly suggests that Evan Chandler masterminded the allegations as a money making scheme, believing it would help him to achieve his dream of working in Hollywood. Tape recorded telephone conversations heard him dismiss the boy’s wellbeing as ‘irrelevant’ and claim that he was out to take Jackson for all he was worth. (Click here for Mary Fischer’s GQ article, which contains transcripts of the telephone calls.)

Mary Fischer’s evidence shows that as well as falsifying the sexual abuse of his own son in an elaborate extortion plot, when Jordan refused to play along Evan plied him with mind-altering drugs in a bid to trick him into believing that he was molested.

But even drugging a child as part of an extortion plot wasn’t Evan Chandler’s lowest point. That came when he petitioned the court to allow him to release an album of music about the supposed sexual abuse of his own son.

If Evan Chandler wanted justice, he got it two weeks ago.
As for the media, this latest incident cements once more the industry’s almost total unwillingness to report fairly or accurately on Michael Jackson, particularly on the bogus allegations of sexual abuse that were levelled against him. None of the aforementioned information and evidence was included in any article about Chandler’s suicide that I have read so far, despite the fact that I personally delivered it to at least one newspaper which has repeatedly paid me as a Jackson expert on other stories.

Exculpatory facts are overlooked in favour of salacious myths. A black humanitarian is tarred as a paedophile and his white extortionist is painted as a martyr.

As for Jordan Chandler, maybe with his father gone he will find the courage to do the honourable thing. Perhaps he will surface somewhere and tell the world what he’s been telling his friends for over a decade now – that Michael Jackson never laid a finger on him. Until then, I suspect he will live with the same torment that it seems eventually claimed his father, suspiciously soon after the demise of the biggest victim in all of this; Michael Jackson.

as much as they loved money, they were still willing to pay for an article, but refused to use it, when it didn't slander Michael? not surprised.

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't seen it.

It makes me sick to the stomach.

Michael should never have had to endure this whole humiliating ordeal. It's truly disturbing how the media bend the facts to fit their own sensationalised agenda. What is even more disturbing is, if they twist stories this much with Michael, what else are they spinning that we don't know about?

thanks you for the post..I haven't seen it yet......What I did pay attention to from thius article was that they asked Jorden to come out in the 2005 case and he refused to....he also lives under an assumed name today......he will never come out and say anything else about this case.....IMHO....his silence speaks volumes.......I know we all want him to come out and completely vindicate Michael publicly.....but I dont think this is ever going to happen.....maybe he feels by him refusing to testify in 2005.....he has already vindicated Michael.....this is my own opinion as to how he may be thinking....who knows I could be 100% wrong.

Published: November 21,2009
Letter to the Editor

Both The Chandlers and Gavinos Were Total Scam Artists

Everyone in the media was and is all over every negative lie that comes out against Michael Jackson as they did during the trial, and after he died. But where is the press to really tell the whole story?
You should write about - who this extortionist really was and the facts that came out showing how much evidence there was that they really did lie to set Michael up, and how, no matter what it may have looked like, Michael's insurance settled, not him. Also, both the Chandlers and the Gavinos were total scam artists, and all of these allegations were shown in records to be baseless.
To report it would not be "biased," it would just be fair to Michael, and reporting the story, same as you have all ran with every little tip about MJ's "supposed" "drug abuse" and other things that really are just rumours which are always contradicted by any real research.
If I and other people can do a little investigating and come to the realization that Michael's real story deserves to be told, as well as the facts that reveal Chandler to be an extortionist, why isn't the media covering it?
It is too easy for you all to just run with whatever is thrown out to you without really dissecting it. If you do, as I did, you will find it in your conscience to run stories exposing the horrible wrong done to Michael by these criminals and the media as a whole, for not reporting responsibly the whole story.
I thought maybe Michael had done these things until I took the time to research it in depth, and learned that Evan Chandler has obviously been the cause of his own guilt and suffering, while Michael is beloved by the world because of who we have always known he truly was.
His life spoke for who he was, and nothing can take that away, although it hurt him to be misunderstood. Michael will be loved forever while his accusers are hated for good reason. Please report how it was shown Michael was not guilty and don't be afraid. There were witnesses ready to testify Jordy admitted he lied so many years ago, but you don't mention the other side.
With all the peole out there still fooled into thinking MJ was guilty, hearing only a brief veneer of the case, why not really set the record straight? There is tons of proof he was not a drug addict and that he did have vitilago and his skin color was his attempt to cope with it and look presentable in his eyes - yet it is never told. Because as MJ said, scandal and hatred sells.
Expose the Chandlers' lies. Michael rests in peace but Chandler never could. And he did not die of a drug overdose. He was murdered by negligence or willful reckless disregard or on purpose.
MJ died with his head high and making a comeback and with children who loved him and friends and family. Chandler was nothing.
Colleen-Lloyd

Comment on this story, by email comment@newsblaze.com
Click here to get NewsBlaze News in your email

Copyright © 2009, NewsBlaze, Daily News

This TRULY TRULY breaks my heart to read. No matter how many times I hear about this or read things like this or imagine things like this... It's a fresh blow to my heart.

I mean... What kind of a damned world do we live in? How is it that these people have no feelings. No care. And so much contempt towards truth over something so frivolous as money?

sigh... Things like these draws me near hopelessness. Only a very very few in this world who hold goodness close to their hearts.

Yet so many have disfigured themselves to the ugliness of evil.

*tears*

My god in heaven, help us.

Last edited:
I Feel you completley. It is really very sad when the TRUTH is right in front of your face yet people still willingly CHOOSE to report bullshit. For what? Money? don't they know that they can't take that (money) with them when they die?

God bless those that write these kinds of articles. TRUTH BE TOLD!
Still so heart wrenching...
Just... heart wrenching...
:cry:
Ugh the world we live in.

ive always thought he should have done a massive speach about this whole thing and nailed it back in 1993. he was being too PC, he shouldnt have been so vague about everything, he should have got the world watching on a live event, so the media didnt have chance to twist it and just thrown indisputable evidence at everyone, it would have shut everyone up and nothing including 2003-2005 would have happened ever again to him like this. But i suppose legalitys prevented him from doing so and he remained an easy target to the medi

I really hope Jordy comes out and tells the truth!!!

"I suspect he will live with the same torment that it seems eventually claimed his father, suspiciously soon after the demise of the biggest victim in all of this; Michael Jackson."

Is that saying that Evan killed himself because of guilt?

Last edited:
Unsurprisingly, none of this information has made its way into the mainstream media’s reportage of Evan Chandler’s death. Instead, Chandler’s suicide is seen as another opportunity to sling mud at Michael Jackson and perpetuate the same, tired old myths about the 1993 allegations – particularly with regard to the settlement.

Amongst the publications that rehashed this age old nonsense was The Sun, to which I often contribute as a Michael Jackson expert. I was contacted yesterday and asked to provide information about Evan Chandler and the 1993 allegations, which I did. However, none of my information was used – most likely because it reflected too well on Jackson. Myths that imply Jackson’s guilt are evidently more important than truths which exonerate him.

We live in a sad world these days. It breaks my heart what they did and are still doing to Michael. It's such a cop-out.

But thank you Charles Thomson for standing up and writing this blog.

OMG, thank you for posting this. I am speechless. I can't believe that the media is still reporting these lies when the truth is right there. I really don't understand these people. I agree with what someone said here, what has this world come to? I sincerely hope that they get their just payback. I'm not one to wish harm on anyone because we need to love and forgive; however, hearing this has really made me more angry. To want to intentionally do someone harm like Michael just absolutely blows my mind. I think we need to fight to get the truth out now, more then ever.

I hope that Jordan does have enough integrity to come out from behind his hiding place and vindicate Michael. Yes it will be difficult, but I would respect him a whole lot more if he did. Just because he didn't testify at the 2005 trial does not convince me that his intention was to vindicate Michael. He needs to be very explicit with his statements that Michael did nothing to him. Until he does that, I don't think the media circus will stop. Michael just needs to rest in peace. Where is karma when you need it? It can't come fast enough!

"though we're far apart, you're always in my heart..." :angel:

he should have got the world watching on a live event, so the media didnt have chance to twist it and just thrown indisputable evidence at everyone, it would have shut everyone up and nothing including 2003-2005 would have happened ever again to him like this. But i suppose legalitys prevented him from doing so and he remained an easy target to the medi

Yep, legalities did prevent him from really addressing it. When he declared his innocence in the televised interview with Lisa Marie, Evan Chandler brought another suit against him for talking about it. Wanted something like $40 million or more. It took a few years for that suit to be eventually dismissed.

Thanks for posting. I wish more people were like this guy that wrote this blog. The Daily Mail is still trying to crucify Michael, I see.

They (chandlers and arvisos) can do what they want but God won't let them get away with their sins!!!!!

I wonder if the happening of this incident was just coincidently soon after the release of the "This is it" movie. I mean, I do wonder whether Chandler saw the film and thought "what have I done".

this article is very interesting and it all makes complete sence as to what REALLY happend during the 93 case and that Michael was totally innocent as he AWAYS was in any case. I hope Evan Chandler is rotting in hell where he belongs and even if Jordan comes clean what good will it do now? Michael is gone and no matter what jordan says its going to get twisted around and the truth will never come out like it does in this article. yeah it could maybe fix Michael's image but it wont restore it to its former glory. It breaks my heart to say that but its sadly true. we all know the truth and so does michael's family and friends and i think thats the only thing that mattered to Michael.

I also do think that both these cases killed Michael bc if it wasnt for these greedy,scumbag, assholes Michael would still be alive today. He never would have been in all this pain and people never would have tarnished his image like they did. but who knows it might have happened anyways bc thats the media for you but i think Michael would still be alive.

That's why I was so happy when I knew that bastard died. However, knowing the reason speaks volumes about himself.
Despite this articles many people thinks Michael did such those things. I'll be happier 'till the day Michael is TOTALLY VINDCATED.
Thanks anyway for posting!

This TRULY TRULY breaks my heart to read. No matter how many times I hear about this or read things like this or imagine things like this... It's a fresh blow to my heart.

I mean... What kind of a damned world do we live in? How is it that these people have no feelings. No care. And so much contempt towards truth over something so frivolous as money?

sigh... Things like these draws me near hopelessness. Only a very very few in this world who hold goodness close to their hearts.

Yet so many have disfigured themselves to the ugliness of evil.

*tears*

My god in heaven, help us.

ohhhh Nar, I feel you so much. It makes so sad when I think about it, but I refuse to believe the majority are like this. It just can't be true. God I pray it isn't.

Good article. I really wish the Dad would have left a note, or video or SOMETHING that said the right story. But with that being said, who said there wasn't and that it got removed or destroyed. Taking it too far with that second line but hey, you never know. Haters are haters.

Have any of you shared this article on your facebook, myspace, etc pages? I want to but I am a little hesitant of the comments I might get back (negative). I won't get many but all it will take is one to tick me off and then totally ruin my mood (heh). But this is a great way to get the information out ourselves.

A lot is being made of the fact that Michaels insurance carrier paid out to the chandlers,but to be honest it's mere semantics.
Not one penny should have been paid out,Michael was innocent,but the pay out,no matter who it came from was viewed as an admission of guilt.
It was a poor judgement on his legal teams part,and sadly,it was the beginning of the end.

Fuck you evan,enjoy purgatory.

The writer of this article has put up a new blog containing an interview and giving details on how fans can ask him questions about his work!

Wednesday, 10 February 2010
FreelanceUK Spotlight Interview + Your Chance to Ask Me A Question

I've been chosen as the subject of this month's FreelanceUK Spotlight Feature.

The monthly interview focuses on the peaks and pitfalls of life as a freelancer, offering advice and annecdotes from self-employed professionals in various industries.

This month I have been selected to speak about my experiences as a freelance writer. During my interview I discussed my work on James Brown and Michael Jackson, offered tips on how to earn money as a writer and recalled how I had been ripped off early in my career - plus more.

To read the interview, click here. Comments can be left on this page.

Given the volume of emails I have been receiving from supporters in recent months, I have decided to take some questions from my readers. They can be about anything to do with my work - how to get into writing, how to get published - or my specialist subjects such as Michael Jackson, James Brown and so on.

I have set up a dedicated email address for this Q+A and any others I might do in the future. Readers can send one question plus their first name and country to cethomson@live.co.uk. Put your email subject as 'BLOG INTERVIEW'. I will answer the first ten questions I receive in another blog entry in the near future.

Mahalo!

http://charlesthomsonjournalist.blogspot.com/2010/02/freelanceuk-spotlight-interview-your.html

majority of people have dirty minds who will believe dirty things but the truth always prevails even when it seems far away, karma will catch with them very soon or on their death beds

Back