MJ: #1 Movie, #1 Album...

chacal

Proud Member
This is It album #2 on amazon

Michael Jackson's This is it is #2 on amazon.com
Number 1 is Night Castle (2 CD) ~ Trans-Siberian Orchestra

anyone now how much that translate in unit sales?

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #2 in Music

"This Is It" soundtrack will be the #1 album in the US next week!

JACKSON'S ALL ABOUT IT

Michael Jackson Album Companion to Movie Will Debut at #1, Creed, Taylor Swift Next

October 28, 2009

Michael Jackson’s back…just in time to scare up some album sales for Halloween.
The late superstar continues to bolster the record business, with the Epic release of the companion album to This Is It hitting retail to the tune of what looks now like around 300k in first-week sales.

That would be more than enough for it to debut at #1, but as the film rolls out this week to record box office ($2.2 million in receipts last night), that number could well trend upward. We’ll keep an eye on it for you as we tote up the one-day sales figures from those retailers still solvent enough to keep the doors open.

Wind-up’s comebacking Creed celebrates the resurrection of Scott Stapp and company, with between 100-110k in sales for the aptly titled Full Circle. That will put the band co-managed by Geary/Paul in a race with Chop Shop/Atlantic’s Twilight soundtrack and Big Machine’s Taylor Swift, who this week releases a Deluxe Edition of her four-times-platinum-plus Fearless album, which looks to be in the 90-95k range.

J/RMG’s Rod Stewart Soulbook, a collection of R&B standards featuring duets with Mary J. Blige, Jennifer Hudson and Smokey Robinson, is headed for between 80-85k, while Jason Flom’s perennial Christmas attraction, Lava/Atlantic’s Trans-Siberian Orchestra, is in the 70-75k neighborhood for its annual dose of seasonal prog-rock cheer.

Other releases on tap include Brushfire/Universal Republic’s Jack Johnson (38-42k), Deutsche Grammophon’s Sting holiday collection (36-40k), Strange Music old-school rappers Tech N9ne (31-35k) and Hollywood headbangers Atreyu (28-32k), the same total as Columbia’s Train, Sire’s Tegan & Sarah and Interscope’s Wolfmother, followed by E1’s Brian McKnight (18-22k).

Also of note, Victory’s Between the Buried and Me (9-12k), Evil Teen’s southern rockers Gov’t Mule (8-10k) and Geffen’s Orianthi, the female teen guitarist who would’ve been featured on Michael Jackson’s ill-fated tour (3-4k).

The market was down 2% vs. last week, down 19% vs. same week last year and now down 14% year to date.

And you thought NBC had it tough having to air Jay Leno five nights a week.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news07816

Re: "This Is It" soundtrack will be the #1 album in the US next week!

im not surprised

Praying for a #1 box office movie, as well. I think it will happen!!!

I think the last time a musician/actor had both a #1 new album and #1 opening movie in the same week was Jennifer Lopez, but the album was not the movie's soundtrack.

This is tremendous news. Michael's art should always be at the top of the heap...always.

I am extremely happy for Michael. Thanks to all the fans who decided to buy the new album.

How does this qualify for number 1 status but Thriller 25 didn't? lol

How does this qualify for number 1 status but Thriller 25 didn't? lol

Thriller 25 was considered a "re-release" so it was just a continuation of the original Thriller album. This made it not eligible to chart in the Billboard 200. This Is It however is a brand new album in the sense it's never been released before. It doesn't matter if the CD is new songs or a best of compilation, as long as it's new then it's able to chart in Billboard 200.

HMV Canada: "This Is It" by Michael Jackson tops CD sales list
(CP) – 8 minutes ago

TORONTO — The following is HMV Canada's top 10 CDs based on national sales for the week ending Oct. 30.

CDs
1 This Is It - Michael Jackson
2 Crazy Love - Michael Buble
3 Sainthood - Tegan and Sara
4 One Love - David Guetta
5 Remasters (box sets and individual releases) - The Beatles
6 Fearless (Platinum Edition) - Taylor Swift
7 Soulbook - Rod Stewart
8 "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" Soundtrack - Various Artists
9 The E.N.D. - The Black Eyed Peas
10 The Blueprint 3 - Jay-Z

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5iOuTD-10h1uP-lGP0KEzujFhPRlw

^^ Great news :)

It's a shame he can't be Number One of Billboard 200 cuz of the previously released rule, but best selling in US this week... L.O.V.E. for MJ! :D

Fab news must be celebrated.

As much as I wish MJ was here. I am glad he his still being recognized. I am happy that his children will have this fab legacy for the rest of their lives. We should all continue supporting every MJ posthumous effort.

It's a shame he can't be Number One of Billboard 200 cuz of the previously released rule, but best selling in US this week... L.O.V.E. for MJ! :D

That only applies to albums older than 2 years. THIS IS IT is eligible to chart on the Billboard 200 and in fact will debut at #1 next week on that chart. Billboard has already written an article saying they predict Jackson will hold the #1 spot come Wednesday. That would be his 6th #1 album on the Billboard 200 (Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, Invincible, This Is It)

Re: This is It album #2 on amazon

Just A Sales Update On THIS IS IT Soundtrack:

-Currently #1 on US Amazon

-Currently #2 on US I-Tunes

-Currently #1 on Canadian I-Tunes

In other Jackson chart news:

-Thriller is the #1 music video in the Canadian I-Tunes and #2 in the US I-Tunes today

-Jackson has a staggering 19 music videos in the Top 200 on US I-Tunes Chart, including 6 in the Top 40!

-Jackson has 4 of the top 40 best selling albums on Canadian I-Tunes (This Is It, This Is It Selections, Number Ones, Thriller).

-Jackson has 5 of the top 50 best selling albums on US I-Tunes

-Jackson has the #6 best selling DVD in Canadian I-Tunes and #3 in US I-Tunes

-Jackson currently has 15 songs in the top 200 on Canadian I-Tunes

Expect Jackson album sales to SURGE next week...

Nice news.

Thanks.

Re: TII # 1 on AMAZON

omg I finally got the poster that comes with the cd. I was scared when I got the cd and there was no poster but they sent it separately. Well packaged and its a awesome feature that goes well with my huge tii poster.

I need a new place so I can have one room with all my MJ stuff on display. I love him so much.

Re: This is It album #2 on amazon

Just A Sales Update On THIS IS IT Soundtrack:

-Currently #1 on US Amazon

-Currently #2 on US I-Tunes

-Currently #1 on Canadian I-Tunes

In other Jackson chart news:

-Thriller is the #1 music video in the Canadian I-Tunes and #2 in the US I-Tunes today

-Jackson has a staggering 19 music videos in the Top 200 on US I-Tunes Chart, including 6 in the Top 40!

-Jackson has 4 of the top 40 best selling albums on Canadian I-Tunes (This Is It, This Is It Selections, Number Ones, Thriller).

-Jackson has 5 of the top 50 best selling albums on US I-Tunes

-Jackson has the #6 best selling DVD in Canadian I-Tunes and #3 in US I-Tunes

-Jackson currently has 15 songs in the top 200 on Canadian I-Tunes

Expect Jackson album sales to SURGE next week...

YAY!!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Yes it was the same for me. I received the CD but no poster. I immediately sent and e-mail and they told me it will come separate..I received it 3 days after. I love it. I am going to frame it..

The 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, - what about next year??????

MJ never had a solo album go #1 in the 1970's. He did however have many from the Jackson 5 so I guess you can count that. Jackson will have another #1 album in 2010 when the new album is released.

if it hadn't been mostly released stuff, I'm sure it'd have been #1 everywhere.

I'm glad it number one. I was nervous cause a lot of people didn't wanna buy it cause it only has on new song. I have my copy and love the pictures in it.:wild:

Last edited:
Back