A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality [Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first heard about this release I pre-ordered. Considering I had doubts that the Estate would even release a DVD of the Bad Tour, I'm pretty happy to have this DVD whether it's less than acceptable quality or not. We could just have easily had nothing. Even without the DVD though, it's still a great release with the 3 CDs and two booklets. :)

I was just about to post something intelligent when..
tumblr_m938mrbeir1qdl5f4o1_250.gif

:eek:hmy2: Way to distract a girl!

What's everyone planning on doing the day they watch the DVD? Anyone have any rituals? Snacks, drinks, friends, family, etc? :D

Cherry Coke & bar of Galaxy Caramel as I'm putting the Live Album & Unreleased Tracks n Demos & Remixes on my iPod, I think my mum might want to watch it but not with me

What's everyone planning on doing the day they watch the DVD? Anyone have any rituals? Snacks, drinks, friends, family, etc? :D

I'm gonna watch it with my favourite snacks like Kat Kat Chunky, Lays chips and Brisk Ice Tea like I do on Fridays and Saturdays watching my anime DVDs. After the first time, I'm gonna watch the DVD on PS2 and play my anime on my Blu-Ray player at the same time.

Also seen this ?

Actors: Michael Jackson
Directors: Various
Format: Color, NTSC
Language: English
Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
Number of discs: 1
Rated: NR (Not Rated)
Studio: Sony Legacy
DVD Release Date: September 18, 2012
Run Time: 135 minutes

1:33:1 means it will have black borders down the side. It is the same as 4:3. There won't be any picture cut off though. Those watching on an older tv will see the picture in a small box in the middle of the screen like Vision if they enhance it for widescreen in the same way.

To be completely honest as long as we get a DVD from the Bad Tour Wembley Performances and you what niether would anyone else if this had leaked before Bad 25we would all have been up in arms celebrating watching it over and over again. When I finally got my hands on a copy of Yokohama it looked like what it was a VHS rip but I soon forgot that about 10 seconds into WBSS it will be the same case with the Wembley DVD.

Hopefully the Estate has got a trailer for release to showcase their remaster, but think for a moment why would they include TWYMMF from July 15th & IJCSLY, Bad from Yokohama remastered from the master copies, IF(emphasis on the word if) the July 16th performance remaster turns out to be of poor quality that would be stupid because everyone would single out the difference in quality between the main event and the extras.

I still believe that one day there will be an announcement from the Estate saying that they have finally tracked down the Umatic Tape of the Wembley July 16th Performance and will release a bluray version but after years waiting since first reading about the Bad Tour and listening ameteur concerts I'll take the DVD every time.

KEEP THE FAITH BECAUSE ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME

I still believe that one day there will be an announcement from the Estate saying that they have finally tracked down the Umatic Tape of the Wembley July 16th Performance and will release a bluray version but after years waiting since first reading about the Bad Tour and listening ameteur concerts I'll take the DVD every time.

Umatic tapes I believe look like good quality VHS. There's no way to release a BR from that. BR can be released only from film reels (which are missing deep down somewhere in some basement perhaps lol).

so its ntsc and 720 x 480?? feet are cut??! hopefully no!! -.-

The Wembley dvd will have two "versions" both PAL and NTSC released?
Both 25fps/s and 29fps/s.. Wounder what frame rate the VHS tape has?

As long as it is watchable, which it obviously is from the comments made from all who have seen it, I will be happy.
I have pre-ordered the collectors edition box for myself and the £20 one from Amazon for my mum as an early birthday present as she wasnt allowed to go with me when I went to see him. She is really excited about it.

I think the concerns about it and quality is normal. But I think that overall the feeling here is very positive and people looking forward to this. I really like the fact that we will have something that Michael had and kept with him. Now we get to see it too.

I never understand well about PAL, in Europe where they use it, they see the videos and DVDs with a little more sound speed?

Like this video from Moonwalker PAL, the sound and the Michael's voice is a little bit faster, as a consequence you can notice the voice more sharp

See the noticeable difference:

PAL

NTSC

NTSC and Pal was originally made because something to do with electrical outlet differences or something and that apparently made playing back tapes different.

These days, it shouldn't matter, but the formats are still out there.

Slightly off topic, but am I the only guy here who totally wanted to bang like 3 or 4 of the THIS IS IT dancers?
Yeah, I said it.

tumblr_m1q9wckqMC1qdl5f4o1_250.gif

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Laura.L.
I was just about to post something intelligent when..

tumblr_m938mrbeir1qdl5f4o1_250.gif

ohmy.gif
Way to distract a girl!

Yep that will definately distract us girls lol

s. And yeah I have seen these groups not trying a boycott but kinda try to convince people not to buy and play the blame card (you should be ashamed that you are supporting the evil forces that killed Michael).
I've got one of them harassing me on twitter right now, saying I'm an unloyal fan because I support the estate lol. I just have to laugh. Personally I couldn't care less what quality things are, as long as it was watchable I'd buy it. I'm preordering the packages. After all, the copy I have of Bad Yokohama is shit but I've watched it a million times :) its Michael, and I'm prepared to watch him no matter what the quality!

Anybody in contact with the estate could you please ask them whether or not they are going to release another trailer, or some previews of the DVD before its released? Would be much appreciated.

Product details from Amazon UK:

Format: Colour, DVD-Video, PAL
Language: English
Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
Aspect Ratio: 4:3 - 1.33:1
Number of discs: 1
Classification: Exempt
Studio: Sony Legacy
DVD Release Date: 17 Sep 2012
Run Time: 135 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back