A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality [Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you seriously calling her a hypocrite because she said Michael Jackson had enough material to be released every four years the of our lives? Really? Are you trying to make it seem like everyone was against Michael? OMG, I'm not gonna say anything else because I'm sure i'll get dinged for it, but thanks....

wut?
did you quote the wrong person? 'cause i didn't call anyone a hypocrite. it's that other person.

Maybe she didn't know much about the Bad 25 project two months ago and thought that it was made just for money. But now she saw the dvd and it was amazing. There is nothing wrong with changing mind.

Sorry she was exaclty asked about the Wembley-DVD and made this remark with the $$$$

And a few weeks later she is so excited to be invited for the sreening of the DVD (in a sony-location).

xo49wy.gif

Sorry she was exaclty asked about the Wembley-DVD and made this remark with the $$$$

And a few weeks later she is so excited to be invited for the sreening of the DVD (in a sony-location).

Yes she is a hypocrite..and I told her exactly that on twitter. Yes, she wrote $$$$ and trashed the estate when someone specifically asked her what she thought of the BAD 25 project.

So imagine my suprise when she tweeted how excited she was to attend the (gulps!!!) BAD 25 concert screening. I used the opportunity to remind what she had tweeted less than 2 months prior. :)

I am guessing she will receive some type of royalties (she does play guitar on the show) from the BAD 25 DVD sale...that's why she now supports it.

But yes...HYPOCRITE is the perfect word to describe Ms Jennifer Batten.

Maybe she didn't know much about the Bad 25 project two months ago and thought that it was made just for money. But now she saw the dvd and it was amazing. There is nothing wrong with changing mind.

Now that she probably stands to get some residuals out of the project, she is supporting it...I am glad Spike didn't interview her. Otherwise, I would have cringed watching her ... Anything for money.

Last edited:
^ IMO not very big difference there apart from contrast, colors and denoise. At least judging from screenshots.

I don't think Jennifer is a hypocrite at all. She was just saying it how it is. There will be releases every year and of course they are designed to make money. It's a business after all. Doesn't mean she can't support those releases and enjoy Bad 25 while being open about what their ultimate purpose is.

jobs-video-before-after-ms_screen3.png

"Turning VHS-quality footage into something fit for a theatrical release"

^ IMO not very big difference there apart from contrast, colors and denoise. At least judging from screenshots.

I read the accompanying article and they only used a prerelease of a $229 software with a specific filter to enhance the quality. I would assume that Lowry charges a lot more than that and uses something better than a software + filter, no?

I read the accompanying article and they only used a prerelease of a $229 software with a specific filter to enhance the quality. I would assume that Lowry charges a lot more than that and uses something better than a software + filter, no?

Would've thought so, that doesn't sound all that professional at all.

Sounds extremely cheap. Like amateur level. Yeah, Lowry I think is best in da business. They got tons of PC power, memory, their own patented softwares and stuffs like that. No wonder they have restored so many popular old films.

Sounds extremely cheap. Like amateur level. Yeah, Lowry I think is best in da business. They got tons of PC power, memory, their own patented softwares and stuffs like that. No wonder they have restored so many popular old films.

I've seen a video and they have so many HDD's it's ridiculous.. Think they use Mac Pro's which cost about 5,000+ each. They certainly are the best at what they do

Yes she is a hypocrite..and I told her exactly that on twitter. Yes, she wrote $$$$ and trashed the estate when someone specifically asked her what she thought of the BAD 25 project.

So imagine my suprise when she tweeted how excited she was to attend the (gulps!!!) BAD 25 concert screening. I used the opportunity to remind what she had tweeted less than 2 months prior. :)

I am guessing she will receive some type of royalties (she does play guitar on the show) from the BAD 25 DVD sale...that's why she now supports it.

Now that she probably stands to get some residuals out of the project, she is supporting it...I am glad Spike didn't interview her. Otherwise, I would have cringed watching her ... Anything for money.

:clapping: Thank you! I thought I was the only one who saw this.

Tony Selznick, John Branca, Gregg Phillagaines, Dorian Holley, Ricky Lawson and Jennifer Batten attended the screening of the Wembley DVD. Tony Selznick: "pretty Amazing, you could see everything. his entire expression. the whole concert, very intimate." Jennifer Batten: "Not HD but otherwise fantastic, Gr8 (Great) editing (Restoring) Work!" these people saw the show on a cinema screen at a private screening by Sony. they saw the final quality, keep the faith and wait until September. #WhosBad :imbad

:woohoo:

This will be hot! :shifty:

Dorian Holley was with Michael back then too? I remember him in This is It.

Dorian Holley and Darryl Phinnessee have acted as Michael's backing vocalists throughout all of his solo tours.

He looks so much younger in This Is It than in Bad tour.
The taller backup singer was on all tours too.

just found out the full show is gonna be full Live vocals too from the sound truck recordings of michael's mic.

And 5.1 surround (via the production company producing it).

I don't know whether Jennifer is a hypocrite or not. But, I feel fans can be very judgmental. How can we determine one's character based on one tweet or opinion on one issue. Not so long ago, fans praised Jennifer for speaking against Gene Simons' baseless claims. We thanked her for speaking the truth. Now, after one not-so-flattering tweet, we put her in the black list category?

Why can't she speak about her opinion on posthumous release?

Why can't she change her mind?

She is not the only peron I know who changed her opinion. Only fools refuse to change.

I'm not aware of any betrayals from Jennifer to Michael. She was in all three of Michael's solo tours. Michael definitely trusted her and thought highly of her. That speak volumes to me.

I don't care if she didn't support Bad 25 originally and changed her mind after the viewing. Nothing wrong with that.

As for royalty, are you sure Jennifer is entitled to receive money? If so, she must be receiving money for the Dangerous DVD too. Does it mean the whole band and the whole backup crew will receive royalty? Is it how things work? Or, when she signed the contract years ago, she signed away right for future payments. She was hired as employee to work on the tour. So, may be she can't receive royalty. I honestly don't know. But, we can't just assume she changed her mind because of money.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Memefan

So imagine my suprise when she tweeted how excited she was to attend the (gulps!!!) BAD 25 concert screening. I used the opportunity to remind what she had tweeted less than 2 months prior.
basicsmile.gif

She did? wow didnt expect that from her...

I don't know whether Jennifer is a hypocrite or not. But, I feel fans can be very judgmental. How can we determine one's character based on one tweet or opinion on one issue. Not so long ago, fans praised Jennifer for speaking against Gene Simons' baseless claims. We thanked her for speaking the truth. Now, after one not-so-flattering tweet, we put her in the black list category?

Why can't she speak about her opinion on posthumous release?

Why can't she change her mind?

She is not the only peron I know who changed her opinion. Only fools refuse to change.

I'm not aware of any betrayals from Jennifer to Michael. She was in all three of Michael's solo tours. Michael definitely trusted her and thought highly of her. That speak volumes to me.

I don't care if she didn't support Bad 25 originally and changed her mind after the viewing. Nothing wrong with that.

As for royalty, are you sure Jennifer is entitled to receive money? If so, she must be receiving money for the Dangerous DVD too. Does it mean the whole band and the whole backup crew will receive royalty? Is it how things work? Or, when she signed the contract years ago, she signed away right for future payments. She was hired as employee to work on the tour. So, may be she can't receive royalty. I honestly don't know. But, we can't just assume she changed her mind because of money.

You wrote everything I thought but was too lazy to type :D

And she's always been appreciative and loyal to Michael.
There's an old clip where she even said tabloids would always ask her to give dirt on him. She wasn't gonna ruin that gravy train. And fact of the matter is, there probably was never any dirt around her anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back