Michael is caught in between the biggest rap feud of this generation...

Kendrick has said "He made Billie Jean - you think he touched those kids?"

Which is a great line because that story is literally a tale of how MJ would never get caught by a user and a false incrimation technique. No matter how hard they try. And just shows to how much respect he has for the man.
Given the context of that song and the line "when sh*t hit the fan, is you still a fan," I agree with you. Someone asked me about that line and I told them listen to the entire song. He also lists a bunch of greats that got persecuted and speaking on his own issues and tribulations. To me, it was basically saying, "are you gonna stick with me through the lies and rumors." Deep song.

Last edited:
Didnt realise people were so sensitive about it. Christ.

I'll bow out. Mods, you can delete my posts.
It's not that serious.

Just think that maybe sometimes, you can come to a thread to just learn. We don't always need to speak. I know a lotta times if I can't say something, I just take something in instead.

It's not that serious.

Just think that maybe sometimes, you can come to a thread to just learn. We don't always need to speak. I know a lotta times if I can't say something, I just take something in instead.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it's always good to try to understand another person's perspective. In this thread, you're the only one I see trying to silence other people because you dislike their opinion and assume they have no idea what they're talking about. Why?

My opinion: I grew up listening to a lot of hip hop, but primarily from the late 80s/early 90s golden age. As DuranDuran already pointed out, this was in the era where battling primarily took place in the form of bragging and boasting, and good-natured trash talking. That's what I enjoy - I'm just not a fan of the more serious diss tracks that followed (we've seen what the consequences of those can be far too often). When you add that these are two of the biggest mainstream rappers atm and men who are now in their late 30s, to me the entire feud is just embarrassing. And yeah, that goes for artists in other genres who take serious shots at each other too.

Seems like most here feel differently and that's fine, it's just a matter of personal taste. But as far as I could tell this wasn't a topic solely for fans of this feud, but rather about how MJ's name got caught up in this, so you're bound to come across opinions you may not agree with. Don't see why that's a big deal.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it's always good to try to understand another person's perspective. In this thread, you're the only one I see trying to silence other people because you dislike their opinion and assume they have no idea what they're talking about. Why?

My opinion: I grew up listening to a lot of hip hop, but primarily from the late 80s/early 90s golden age. As DuranDuran already pointed out, this was in the era where battling primarily took place in the form of bragging and boasting, and good-natured trash talking. That's what I enjoy - I'm just not a fan of the more serious diss tracks that followed (we've seen what the consequences of those can be far too often). When you add that these are two of the biggest mainstream rappers atm and men who are now in their late 30s, to me the entire feud is just embarrassing. And yeah, that goes for artists in other genres who take serious shots at each other too.

Seems like most here feel differently and that's fine, it's just a matter of personal taste. But as far as I could tell this wasn't a topic solely for fans of this feud, but rather about how MJ's name got caught up in this, so you're bound to come across opinions you may not agree with. Don't see why that's a big deal.
Well it sounds to me like you at least listened to it. Which is what we're talking about. An Actual Opinion.

I mean, like I said, I do find it just funny how plenty of people here talk about music focused on "a diss" of sorts right here, MJ penned. But find a tangible clash of morals between people that know each other "silly". Drake is a culture vulture and petty, and has offended multiple people. He wrought this aggressive response by his own hand. It's not a petty beef.

And then obviously someone just popping in the thread to say it's crap is rude, and honestly just feels... Prejudiced, to say the least.

Drake is a culture vulture and petty, and has offended multiple people.
Years ago, Drake put a diss on a track towards jazz bassist & singer Esperanza Spalding just because she won the Best New Artist Grammy instead of him. I also remember a lot of Justin Bieber fans did not like that she won either (they didn't know who she was).

To me it seemed like Kendrick was baiting Drake to say something stupid about MJ by making all these MJ references and then calling him a race traitor. Kendrick didn't make the obvious parallel because he knew Drake would and by doing that he'd tell on himself and reveal that all his MJ fanboy stuff was performative, further proving Drake is a manipulative liar (which is exactly what happened).

Also noticed this recently
"I hate the way that you walk
I hate the way that you talk
I hate the way that you dress"
- Kendrick on euphoria

"I love the groove of your walk, your talk, your dress"
- Michael on The Way You Make Me Feel

I’m
To me it seemed like Kendrick was baiting Drake to say something stupid about MJ by making all these MJ references and then calling him a race traitor. Kendrick didn't make the obvious parallel because he knew Drake would and by doing that he'd tell on himself and reveal that all his MJ fanboy stuff was performative, further proving Drake is a manipulative liar (which is exactly what happened).

Also noticed this recently
"I hate the way that you walk
I hate the way that you talk
I hate the way that you dress"
- Kendrick on euphoria

"I love the groove of your walk, your talk, your dress"
- Michael on The Way You Make Me Feel
That’s interesting, because I, like everyone else assumed this was a callback to an old DMX interview where he was asked about what he thinks off drake and he answers with something along the lines of “I hate the way he talks, I hate the way he talks, I hate the way he dresses, I hate everything about him”. But this could be a tripple entendre.

This, while off topic, is healthy discussion to have in the fourm as its an issue a good few people have when it comes to being educated on topics.
Id say it comes back around to being on topic cuz it's MJ related.

But yeah, it would be nice to police these threads better. People randomly interjecting obnoxious things about a topic *Is* against the rules.

I dunno what to say. None of these "feuds" are real. They're just rappers saying stuff to make people talk about them on Facebook.

I dunno what to say. None of these "feuds" are real. They're just rappers saying stuff to make people talk about them on Facebook.
Considering they're two of the biggest rappers in the world (Drake is top 5 biggest artist, never mind just in the rap business) so I highly doubt it's just about publicity.

There are some real nasty shit within the lyrics for it to be fake.

This, while off topic, is healthy discussion to have in the fourm as its an issue a good few people have when it comes to being educated on topics.
Funny how some of you label as uneducated to an opinion that's different to yours. This generation of people is so, so weak.

Like, you realize that these rappers pay a team of publicists, right? Their job is to sit there all day thinking up what Drake should say next to get the biggest headlines.

But by all means, you can get sucked in to all this and tell all your friends how important it is.

Like, you realize that these rappers pay a team of publicists, right? Their job is to sit there all day thinking up what Drake should say next to get the biggest headlines.

But by all means, you can get sucked in to all this and tell all your friends how important it is.
Well they aren't worth what they're paid for then. His rebuttals are terrible and "enlightened thinkers" like yourself are too good to fall for basic education on a topic. But alas, that's your luxury, to be ignorant.

Just because you think public beefing/feuding is silly doesnt mean you don't like hip hop. Whether you're John and Paul, Brandon Flowers and any indie band that breathed in 2005, Kanye and Taylor.

Personally enjoyed Drake's self sabotage myself.
Well I'm coming at you differently now. I respect this take and it is an unfortunate ugly truth of life. I just respect Kendricks method. He's been so honest about his mistakes in the past, he left nothing to be "discovered" to invalidate himself. He called someone out in the most efficient way I've ever seen.

The Like That, Push Ups, Taylor Made, Euphoria, 6:16 in LA era was my absolute favorite. Before it did go nuclear, it was just bars. Ppl could say "It's scripted" and they couldn't be argued with exactly. Kendrick knew that man would come for his family though. He was ready. And that was it.

Just because you think public beefing/feuding is silly doesnt mean you don't like hip hop. Whether you're John and Paul, Brandon Flowers and any indie band that breathed in 2005, Kanye and Taylor.

Personally enjoyed Drake's self sabotage myself.
I don't mind QuestLove but this is a terrible take.

The reason Kendrick got into this beef to begin with was to take down Drake for the safety of those around him. He just needed to start off like a more standard rap beef so as many eyes as possible were on it when the real stuff was said and then Drake is forced to respond, embarrassing himself. The Heart Part 6 has essentially confirmed everything Kendrick accused Drake of and more people are talking about the disturbing pattern of behaviour Drake has demonstrated than ever, receipts will come of course but Drake is over and that's an incredibly good thing.

Hip-Hop is not dead because it was used to achieve something important, that's ridiculous.

I was wondering if people here would talk about this. Some of the comments here are what I would've expected for people that don't usually listen to rap or just don't like parts of this but overall this is very insightful and on par with other discussions of the same matter in other parts of the internet, I'm sure anyone not in the know will appreciate some of the posts in this thread to the point of at least giving these tracks a chance hopefully.

Kendrick is my favorite rapper and this feud just undoubtedly put him at the top of the game for me, even if it wasn't so serious with these kinds of allegations the competitive air around and him showcasing his poetic skills in a matter of a few days or weeks alone would've been great to witness, and not only did he do that but managed to stain Drake's reputation with only 2 tracks (hopefully that sticks too), it has just been a wild ride all around.

On the topic of Michael, I've been seeing him mentioned in a few threads on Reddit and the like and he does get a few strays from people discussing the allegations towards Drake— but even so, there have been quite a few people (at least on Kendrick's side) that have come to defend him and at least talk about his nuances and such. I feel like the MJ line on "Mortal Man" may have made more people in Kdot's camp reconsider things than you'd think which is cool to see.

Back