Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

Unless I’m dumb and someone already talked about this video, what are you thoughts on it? And What should i think of It?

Misleading title and cover aside, it's supposed to be a video about "Sexy Lady." A song by someone who was desperately trying to imitate MJ that went viral in 2009. After a lot of research on the r/Lostwave subreddit, the singer behind this song was found.

It is one of those many songs that were being passed off as new unreleased songs, like "Danger Is The Game," if y'all remember

Last edited:
Never forget that time after the Brad Sunderberg Leaks where that website hosting most of the tracks got completely eviscerated with C&Ds within a day lol.

I think it's fair to say that between Bad and Dangerous, Bad has so many great outtakes, but Dangerous outtakes were so good that MJ just had to use them.

But it's really up in the air. Especially when you have to decide if songs like Earth Song is a bad outtake or a Dangerous outtakes? (it's basically Bad)

After the Bill Bottrell tweets, is there now enough information to put together a rough timeline of the '83 - '86 period? I've always wanted to know the recording order of Cheater, Scared of the Moon, Loving You, Buffalo Bill, Chicago 1945 etc. It's never helped that the Ultimate Collection liner notes are so inaccurate.

After the Bill Bottrell tweets, is there now enough information to put together a rough timeline of the '83 - '86 period? I've always wanted to know the recording order of Cheater, Scared of the Moon, Loving You, Buffalo Bill, Chicago 1945 etc. It's never helped that the Ultimate Collection liner notes are so inaccurate.
I wonder which apprentice is responsible for the 2002 release of Unbreakable...

With respect to Bottrell, his memory isn’t the sharpest in terms of timelines. He once insisted that “Streetwalker” was born during the Bad tour and not in mid-1986, and couldn’t recall “I’m So Blue” despite having engineered it. Not to say that he’s wrong (especially when he’s looking at session calendars), but it’s worth keeping in mind that he may have things mistaken.

Unless I’m dumb and someone already talked about this video, what are you thoughts on it? And What should i think of It?
Stumbled upon this video the other day, after hearing the snippet at the beginning of the video this whole thing felt so stupid because the track sounds nothing like MJ and I don't remember anyone in 2009 thinking this track was real

Last edited:
Did Michael recorded song called dreams ? There is lot of titles unreleased songs from deposition 1993 we dont know anything about it like far far away ..Luis in love with lunis .and California grass

I think it's fair to say that between Bad and Dangerous, Bad has so many great outtakes, but Dangerous outtakes were so good that MJ just had to use them.

But it's really up in the air. Especially when you have to decide if songs like Earth Song is a bad outtake or a Dangerous outtakes? (it's basically Bad)
I’m pretty sure it’s Dangerous. The demo was recorded in 88.

Did Michael recorded song called dreams ? There is lot of titles unreleased songs from deposition 1993 we dont know anything about it like far far away ..Luis in love with lunis .and California grass
The title "Dreams" was registered with BMI. Not much info on this.

As far as most of the unknown deposition tracks, we all just have to wait and see if more is revealed with time.

I’m pretty sure it’s Dangerous. The demo was recorded in 88.
⬇️
This old tweet of Bottrell gives an idea of how MJs brain was ticking.

I worked on Earth Song for a year.
M. had a lot of songs to work on
E.S. started to languish
I got my friends Steve Ferrone and Guy Pratt to play drums and bass
From then, M. seemed concerned but couldn't describe
Still he sang it, got Andre Crouch and I got George del Barrio for strings.
M. got David Paiche for more keyboards.
M. was still concerned.
I mixed it anyway as the album was wrapping up
M. never got used to something about the direction: too heavy?
It didn't make the album
Later, History sessions, M hired Foster
Worked and worked and by now M. was getting used to my version, Foster expressed his frustration to me at the grammys
My version and mix came out on History with only new vocals in the outro
Legal contract for Foster said he got first credit.
These things happen all the time.

That production, that song, was unique
In that M. was a bit skeptical of the path I took
But didn't stop me. And he didn't release it
Until he was ok with it.
I am so proud of that song and of Michael's wisdom.

Way back in 1986 at Hayvenhurst he and I sat and he screened me "The Emerald Forest" in his theater.
He handed me a vhs tape of it to take home.
He was, even then, choosing me to work on "Earth Song".

I took that mission seriously, and so it was hard when he couldn't quite accept the best version, 4 years later, that we two could come up with together.
And then it didn't matter.

Sometime, as we were no longer working together, he found it as it was, and received it, and released it.
I am grateful for M's patience on this.

David Foster never had a chance against such History.

Back